8.0

2003 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda CR-V:

2003 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Mar 072016

CR-V

I came in for an Air bag Recall and was Told my back Brakes had a caliper on the left Worn down including the brake pad from 5-1 and the Rotors worn but only on the Left!!! I was told this would cost me $1500 to fix on a 2003 Honda I purchased Brand new there, but since this is an older car the cost would be $1000. I was also told my battery was not charging properly and that would be $195

First off a new battery does Not cost $195 and that was a total RIP OFF, yet I fell for it knowing my battery was 5 years old so I did go for that simply because I work too much and could Not take a chance of letting that get in my way!!!

But the back brake issue is a Huge Problem.....................I replaced the brakes, Rotors, pads ect last year and DO Not drive this vehicle long distance so there is NO Way such an issue could happen when I drove lesss than 1,000 miles in one year!!!!!!!

My Perception of this Dealership is they get you in for a Recall and then Jack up the prices for said "fixes" but Also find all kinds of issues that Cost you twice the Money!!!

My own mechanic already checked my car and NO issues were with the back breaks!!!

I am just Sickened that Ourisman Honda treats their client this way..........................First New car I ever owned and I payed out the Whazoo for it!!!!...................I really think you need to check your Sales guys there and the front desk guys like Stu who try to RIP of customers........................................I for One will never buy Another Car there!!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Gaithersburg, MD, USA