2003 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda CR-V:

2003 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Feb 142016

Low beams went out, then the battery burned up. Replaced bulbs and battery both worked fine for a week then headlights went out both low beams and high. Marker lights are flashing like strobe lights. The brakes are grabbing when you apply them. One side of the rear brakes wear out faster than the other side. The ABS and brake light come on until you turn on the fan or lights then they flash on and off.

- Stuart, VA, USA

Dec 182015

On December 18 my youngest daughter was returning from a babbysitting job..her 2003 CRV accelerator stuck open..for 5 to 7 miles she pressed on brakes as car was accelerating over 100 mph..she managed to slow to 60 and engage neutral while car still revving..and shut off dash or warning lights..the car is now at a Honda dealership in chattanooga..the dealer has pics of what happened and brakes were fried as they were 2 1/2 weekks waiting on a reply or investigation from out a car and my daughter needs to get to college..she was on a long stretch of highway at incident.which is what likely saved her by the grace of god..or could have been serious injury or death.

- Hixson, TN, USA

Apr 082003

When I placed the CR-V in reverse to back out of my drive way my foot slip from the brake and hit the accelerator the car catapulted hitting my Honda Accord on the rear panel of the driver side, my Accord was parked perpendicular to the driving path I informed Honda recommended design changes.. I remember that I used to own a Toyota Camry where the brake and accelerator pedal had enough gap that I could place my foot between the two pedals. Will gladly furnished pictures of the damage and the brake pedal.

- Atlanta, GA, USA