2003 Honda CR-V suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda CR-V:

2003 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Aug 272015

CR-V

Took 2003 cr/V to Honda dealer for wheel alignment. Dealer stated: Right rear camber is out of tolerance. Unable to align. Recommend installing adjustable camber control arm. Parts and labor estimate $389. Looking on the internet, this seems to be a problem with very many cr/V owners. It causes excess tire wear.

- Rogersville, MO, USA

Feb 082012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2003 Honda CRV. The contact stated that the rear end of the vehicle started shaking abnormally. The contact was unable to maintain control of the vehicle as it swayed abnormally and crashed into a median wall. The vehicle was towed from the scene and the tow assistant advised that the rear axle was not lubricated and seized, causing the failure. Additionally, the rear tires exploded during the failure. The contact sustained neck injuries from the crash. A police report was not filed of the incident. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileages were 127,000.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Aug 012006

CR-V

I am a proud owner of a 2003 Honda CR-V. I've always heard a loud noise from the rear of the vehicle when my rear windows were rolled down and didn't think much about it, until I had some body work done and the mechanic told me that my differential is bad and I needed to replace it. I decided to do some research and almost every Honda CR-V owner I spoke to say they've encountered the noise too. I believe this was a flaw Honda know all along and refuse to disclose, even when I bought my vehicle, I was not made aware of this problem.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Nov 012002

CR-V

Car pulls to right, was somewhat corrected 18 months later, but shop overcorrected the fix and now it drifts to the left. Pulls to the right upon acceleration.

- Titusville, FL, USA