4.0

2004 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda CR-V:

2004 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Oct 012014

CR-V

Do not know if the barometric oxygen sensor is faulty or whether it is working properly. I may be getting a faulty reading with no problem at all. The code P229 indicates I need to check with Honda for a software update.

Which brings me to my next question. Why wasn't I notified of this potential problem before it occurred; I mean if there is an indication of a software update I should of been notified. Now here is my next question. Will I have to incur a cost for this update? I plan on driving it for some time now as I need my car. I plan on making an appointment with a service representative from Honda in the future.

- , Saint Augustine, Error Code P229, USA