2.2

2005 Honda CR-V lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda CR-V:

2005 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Mar 052008

CR-V 4-cyl

I have replaced both the high beam and low beam bulbs a total of 17 times. This is a common problem with the Honda CR-V's with no resolution. Honda uses a unique connection at the bulb which I believe may be the culprit.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Oct 122006

CR-V 4-cyl

The headlights go out every few months and I have to replace the bulbs. This has been happening since I bought the vehicle. They must be faulty headlights.

- Arlington, WA, USA

Jul 042012

CR-V 4-cyl

The low-beam headlights on my 2005 Honda CR-V burn out after an unusually short time. Over my three years of owning this car, the low beam bulbs burn out annually. Now, the driver side low-beam bulb has lasted only two months. All bulbs I have used as replacements have been oem brand names: Either sylvania or philips. Headlights are critical for nighttime safety. The headlight failure problem on 2005 Honda CR-V vehicles is a safety problem.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Feb 052014

CR-V 4-cyl

2005 CRV has flickering headlights, interior lights, instrument panel map lights, etc... it has also been problematic since new with low beam headlight failure have replaced headlights at an average of 6 month intervals.this should be placed on a recall to extend through 2006 models.this is a problem repeatedly mentioned on other blog / forum automotive sites.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Nov 162010

CR-V

Low beam headlight lamps need to be replaced sevral times per year.

- Annadale, VA, USA

Oct 012014

CR-V

The driver side headlight went out for the third time in 12 months. These vehicles need to be recalled and fixed, as the 2004 model was recalled but the 2005 models seem to have the same issue.

- Edison, NJ, USA

Sep 032012

CR-V

Have replaced low-beam headlights at least 8 times in two years. Both driver and passenger side. Have used sylvania, osram and wagner H1 bulbs. Bulbs last one to 6 months. Not a water problem. No sign of water in housings. Other bulbs also have shorter life than expected. Also had to replace dome light, running lights and tail lights during the same period. Obviously an electrical problem. Definitely a safety issue. Annoying and expensive. Headlights are easy to change but tail lights and running lights are not easy to change. You can find numerous complaints about this problem on the internet but there are no Honda recalls to address this issue. I have had other Honda, Toyota, Ford and GM vehicles where the headlights last indefinitely. Eight blown bulbs in two years is a design defect.

- Knoxville, MD, USA

Nov 042013

CR-V 4-cyl

Low beam headlamps continue to fail, need to keep replacing bulbs now only one works. This is a known issue w Honda for which a massive recall was issued in 2012 for over 800,000 cars. I called Honda who looked up my VIN and even though it is a known issue they refused to do anything because my VIN did not appear on their list.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Aug 012006

CR-V 4-cyl

My low beam headlight bulbs need replacement at least 3 times per year, sometimes more. Even when replaced with new bulbs, sometimes the brightness of the light varies randomly. The last time I had the bulb replaced the technician said that the new bulb wouldn't even stay lit when he replaced it. There are other model years for this car which have been recalled for this low beam bulb issue. It is time for Honda to recall this model year and fix this problem. I don't feel safe driving my car at night anymore. This is a safety issue!! also, just within the past couple of years, my SRS light is randomly staying lit for no apparent reason. I am the original owner of this car and know that there have been no accidents that would have created these issues.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Aug 032014

CR-V

The driver side headlight burns out within 5 months of replacing the bulb. I have gone through 2 bulbs already. There seems to be an electrical issue causing this. The fuses are okay and correct.

- Edison, NJ, USA

Sep 022013

CR-V

Light bulbs fail frequently (anywhere from approximately 2-3 months) for no apparent reason. Usually one light at a time. Constantly replacing bulbs both interior or exterior. Receive a ticket in NY state last week for a blown low beam headlight that had just been replaced last month. Last winter I replaced all fuses just in case, however, that has not stopped the problem. As stated by another owner - "this is a very well documented problem. And [obviously] a poor design issue. There is currently an outstanding recall for this problem for model years 2002-2004 (NHTSA campaign number: 12V136000). From my research, this problem seems to be at least as prevalent (if not more so) in the 2005 and 2006 model years. Please expand the recall to include those model years and force Honda to own up to what appears to be a poor design issue. This is a [major] safety issue." CRV is in the shop now getting a new air compressor ($2,500) - engine over heated due to the A/C unit in the passing lane on I-95 in Washington, DC on Monday. Not very happy with Honda right now.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

May 142014

CR-V 4-cyl

Low beam headlight keep blowing after a few months have almost wrecked from low light when driving at night have also had both low beams blow when driving.creating a major problem.

- Fletcher, NC, USA

May 012006

CR-V 4-cyl

I have had to put a new low beam bulb in right headlight about every 4 months since purchase. Few days ago tried 2 new bulbs - only get tiny amount of light with both. Big safety issue.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Apr 262014

CR-V 4-cyl

After about 10 minutes of driving at night the low beam head lights start to pulse or flicker (2 to 3 times a second) continuously for the remainder of the trip. Have to replace low beam bulbs every 3 to 5 months. Both low beam lights inadvertently turn off and on for a few seconds buy themselves. High beam lights seam to work fine. The above issues I listed are the same or similar to those in the Honda service bulletin 12-023 that covers a recall for the 2002-04 CRV. I believe that this recall should be amended to cover the 2005 Honda CRV before someone is injured or killed due to this ongoing safety failure. Honda America told me that they were not aware of this problem. They said to take the CRV to an authorized dealer to evaluate the defect but would not address my issues under the recall unless the NHTSA mandates an amendment to the recall to include the 2005 Honda CRV. I respectfully request that you address this concern immediately so that I and other 2005 Honda CRV owners can resolve these safety flaws.

- Meridian, ID, USA

Apr 212014

CR-V 4-cyl

3 times in the last 8 months I have replaced the passenger side low beam light. It will work then go to a low light. Now, replacements just leaves the dim version of a headlight beam on. The recall skips the 2005 Honda CRV and it should be included as they have included later year models of other Honda vehicles. I can not drive at night due to no visibility on my low beam headlights.

- Lake Oswego, OR, USA

Sep 162010

CR-V

I had the drivers side low beam headlamp go out. There is a wire clip that holds the light bulb in. Replaced the light bulb. Ever since then I have to replace the bulb about every 3 months. I tried to get a new wire clip in case the bulb was moving a little and causing the burning out. Was told by the Honda dealership that the clip doesn't exist anymore. No replacement part. I have read many blogs on line about people complaining about the bulbs burning out with very little resolution. Called Honda about problem and I have to send them something in writing so that they can check into it and get back to me. With so many people blogging about this problem. I would surely think that a recall should have been done.

- Bismarck, ND, USA

Apr 152013

CR-V 4-cyl

Headlight failed. I have replaced driver and passenger side headlight bulbs 5 times in the past year. Every couple months one or the other goes out. The most recent was 2 weeks ago.

- Elmhurst, IL, USA

Feb 012012

CR-V 4-cyl

My low beam bulbs keep blowing out. Usually one then the other a few weeks later. Just last week both blew out at the same time after I heard a sudden pop when I turned them on.

- Winterville, GA, USA

Jan 222009

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CRV. The contact stated that the low beam driver's side headlight failed. The contact replaced the light bulb but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Serbanks, AK, USA

Nov 302013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact stated the driver's side headlight stopped illuminating intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technician stated the headlight assembly had to be replaced. After the vehicle was repaired the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 99,000.

- Pelham, NH, USA