2005 Honda CR-V miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda CR-V:

2005 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

May 012016

Air conditioner compressor locking

- Neshanic Station, NJ, USA

May 062015

The glass in the left side mirror fell out, adhesive failure. Last year the right side mirror glass fell out due to the same problem. The dealer laughed it off saying this is very rare. Having both of my mirrors fall off is not funny and is dangerous as I cannot see to change lanes.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 212014

Car in Pennsylvania should be on recall and fixed

- Washington, DC, USA

Mar 102010

Car had unintended sudden acceleration after turning right into a parking space and jumped the curb and crashed into an apartment house patio.

- Newport Beach, CA, USA

Nov 162007

2005 Honda CR-V. rear differential. Manual states replace rd fluid every 90K, but dealer continues to claim must be done every 10K. Who to believe" not sure of the consequences. My complaint to the dealer was front end noise on hard turns and that was their diagnosis. How could the fluid break down that soon" none of my previous vehicles ever had the problem.

- Hamilton, NJ, USA

Oct 312008

Our insured took their 2006 Honda CRV for maintenance. One week later after oil change & differential service - auto caught on fire while in travel. Insured auto fire originated at right front under hood.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Feb 062006

CR-V 4-cyl

Air bag sensor under right front seat not working properly. This was found when the dealership insisted I call in my insurance company to look at dampness in the car. I haven't had any resolution to the dampness/mold/mildew issue and no one has addressed the air bag sensor, other than a verbal notification from my insurance company. I've followed what the dealership has suggested in regards to the dampness/mold/mildew - removed the mats (right front was wet underneath with mold), keep the A/C on exterior circulation when the car is closed up & had the car detailed...none of which has solved the problem. They want me to guarantee payment of over $4000 to have the carpet removed, car 'dried' out & carpet replaced.

- Flushing, NY, USA

Aug 012006

CR-V 4-cyl

The position of the turn signal at the top of the Honda CR-V and the clear lens has resulted in me being hit 3 times in the rear in the 1 1/2 years I have owned this vehicle. The last incident, the person who hit me insisted that I did not have my turn signal on even when he stood behind the vehicle and looked at it -- it was only when pedestrians told him that the signal was on did he finally realize that he just had a hard time seeing it. The first incident the woman said she didn't see the turn signal. In all 3 cases, the accidents occurred on a sunny day. I am constantly being sworn at and yelled at to turn on my turn signal and I get out and look and it is indeed on. The position of the signal at the very top of the vehicle is higher than any other vehicle on the road -- not in a position that people routinely look for a turn signal. In addition, the clear lens make it very difficult to see the turn signal on sunny days-- I have purposely driven behind 2005 Cr-vs (the only year that Honda had clear lens on the turn signals) and can understand why people have a problem seeing the signal. I called Honda and expressed my concern about my safety in this car because the position of the turn signal so high on the car and the clear lens -- I was told that it was the design of the CR-V and they got approval for the design so they were not going to do anything to improve the safety. I asked them why the clear lens were used for only 2005 thinking that other had problems with the clear lens so they switched back to the yellow lens in 2006 but they denied this. They even refused to switch out the clear lens for the yellow lens that they have used for every other year of this vehicle. I wish someone would look into this by driving behind 2005 Cr-vs on sunny days and checking out the turn signals.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 122005

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

First oil change at dealership on my 2005 Honda CRV at 3500 miles. Flames bursting out the following day, with oil spraying all over. No injuries. Towed to dealer to fix. Oxygen sensors needed replacing. Apparently, this defect has been known about for a couple years, but dealer still flubbed the oil change.

- Herndon, VA, USA