2006 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda CR-V:

2006 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Feb 272006

CR-V 4-cyl

I had driven my carpool fewer than five miles in my 2006 Honda CRV (with fewer than 3,000 miles on it) when we heard a loud noise and felt the whole vehicle shake. We pulled off the highway, stopped and looked under the vehicle. There was no visible damage but I did not want to continue to work so I turned around and returned to the carpool pick up site. After work I drove the vehicle to the local Honda dealer and left it for repair. The service writer for the dealership called to inform me that the vehicle had been driven with the emergency brake engaged. The whole emergency brake system had self-destructed and needed to be replaced. The charges for this repair were not going to be paid by Honda. I called the customer service line at North american Honda and filed a complaint. I was given case # N012006-03-010-0799. The investigator's name is herbert webb @ 1-800-9991009 X-118050. I spoke to mr web this morning and was told the repair would not be covered under warranty. When I explained the case to mr web he offered to split the cost 50/50. I told him I was not happy with this offer and he said he would re-contact the service writer at the dealership. I told him I would be contacting someone higher up as well.

- Fairfax, VA, USA