2006 Honda CR-V engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda CR-V:

2006 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Feb 262015

CR-V 4-cyl

I was in traffic and rear ended the auto in front of me. Although my car was deemed a total loss, and the front end was damaged into the motor compartment, my airbags did not deploy...updated 05/07/15

- Brentwood, CA, USA

Jun 172014

CR-V 4-cyl

Car was being driven with cruise control set and it stalled while driving and refused to stay running until it sat over night. Next morning blowby is coming through dipstick. Car did not over heat while driving.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Nov 012013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact stated while driving approximately 65 mph, the engine rpms increased excessively and there was a sudden loss of power. The check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where the failure was unable to be replicated. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 92,000.

- Folsom, CA, USA

Oct 052013

CR-V 4-cyl

On a 200 mile trip the air conditioner/ compressor locked up. I had just completed the 100,000 mile scheduled service which included the drive belt replacement. I was able to drive the vehicle back home as long as I didn't attempt to use the A/C or defroster. Obviously Honda has a problem with the compressors they are using in there vehicles. Hopefully dot will investigate the faulty equipment. My sister in law has also replaced two compressors in her 2006 Honda CRV at lower mileage intervals. No more Honda for me!

- Martinsville, VA, USA

Sep 152012

CR-V 4-cyl

3:30am - as I was sleeping, I heard an explosion. As I looked out my bedroom window, I could tell something was on fire in driveway. I ran outside and CR-V was completely engulfed in flames. Called 911, fire dept arrived and put fire out. Chester county fire marshall arrived @4:30am, nothing suspicious noted. Car and contents were a total loss. Driveway was ruined, but fortunately no other structures were involved.

- Kennett Square, PA, USA

Jun 012011

CR-V

Vehicle began surging then lost power. Dash warning lights for vsa, engine, and "!" came on as vehicle lost power then stalled. Turned off ignition and then restarted. Ran fine after it cooled off for a few minutes. Still happening over a year later. Internet search reveals this is a common problem spread across many model years. Dealers unable to solve problem and have no idea what is causing it.

- Gainesville, GA, USA