2.3

2006 Honda CR-V lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda CR-V:

2006 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Feb 282010

CR-V 4-cyl

2/28/10 driver's side low beam headlight failed. Bulb replaced. A few hours later (fortunately not at the same time) passenger side low beam headlight failed. Bulb replaced. (high beams O.K.) 12/2011 received police warning when passenger's side low beam headlight failed while driving (high beams okay). Both bulbs replaced. 6/2/12 driver's side low beam failure. Again, both bulbs replaced. 7/18/12 passenger's side low beam failed. I attempted to have both bulbs replaced. Passenger's side low beam was inoperative even with the new bulb. Technician checked the power supply with a volt meter. There was no ground on the passenger's side low beam. Driver's side low beam works (for now), and both high beams. My CR-V was manufactured in 2005. Perhaps it has the same defective terminals, lighting switches and harnesses as those used in the 2002-04 CR-V's recalled by Honda March 22, 2012? this makes night driving dangerous.

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Sep 152010

CR-V 4-cyl

Excessive burnout of low beam headlights for past 2 years. Replacing bulbs on one side or the other every 3 or 4 months. Have been stopped on numerous occasions by police officers for burned out headlights. Contacted Honda service center who say they cannot fix without charging unless there is a recall. Recall was issued for earlier models and appears, based on websites indicating numerous complaints of similar nature, that the recall should be extended through 2008 models. Last week, both bulbs went out requiring me to drive with high beams after dark. We keep replacing the bulbs as we do not wish to incur the expense of having dealer repair when it appears to be a defect in the manufacturing. Have spoken to other CR-V owners having similar experience. My guess is that there are more CR-V owners with this problem but without the knowledge of how to report the issue. Now keeping an inventory of bulbs on hand.

- Moscow, ID, USA

Mar 032010

CR-V

The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact stated the headlight bulbs were continuously burning out and would not last more than two months. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was not able to diagnose the failure and stated to continue to replace the bulbs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 30,000 and the current mileage was 56,000.

- Coffey Ville, KS, USA

Jun 112011

CR-V 4-cyl

The low beams on my Honda have been replaced about 11 times since last summer. It starter with the passenger side- so now, it goes passenger, driver, passenger, etc. I changed the white things that hold the bulbs and replaced both bulbs (again!) now neither low beams work! I have to drive with my bright lights on and I live in a city- this does not make other drivers very happy.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jun 112011

- Tampa, FL, USA

May 212012

CR-V

2006 Honda CRV, great car, passenger side low beam burns out every frequently (5 - 7 weeks) I see many similar complaints on the internet. (wiring harness is mentioned) I believe 2002 CRV's are currently under recall for this same issue.

- Monterey, CA, USA

Feb 282011

CR-V 4-cyl

Drivers side headlight burns out repeatedly and without warning. Have replaced it 4 times in 2011. Mechanic cannot find anything wrong.

- Northfield, MN, USA

Jul 202006

CR-V

I bought a 2006 Honda CRV new from a Honda dealer in Maryland. The car had only 3 miles on it when purchased. About a month after having the car the driver's side low beam went out. I had it replaced. Three months later the beam went out again and had it replaced by a friend. This has been an ongoing problem over the last six years. I have replaced my driver's side low beam at least ten times over this time frame. Recently, (Oct. Of 2011) I took my car to aaa to have my headlights repaired because both low beams on driver's and passenger side went out the same day and I was traveling out of state. The mechanics told me that my passenger side headlight was corroded and had to be replace entirely.the replacement of the entire headlight cost me $600. I am taking my car back to Honda today (April 2, 2012) to have the driver's side low beam replaced again! I also had to purchase headlight boots. I have reported this to my Honda dealership numerous times. They continue to tell me that there is not a problem with the 2006 CRV. Honda needs to look a bit more closely into this matter. Obviously, there is an issue and people are spending large quantities of money to fix someone else's mistake.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jun 012011

CR-V

The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the front driver's side headlight periodically stopped illuminating. The failure recurred numerous times. The contact replaced the light bulb himself after each failure. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,000.

- Canoga Park, CA, USA

Oct 012007

CR-V

The contact owns a 2006 Honda CRV. The contact stated that the low beam headlights would fail repeatedly. The contact had to replace the lights every six months. The dealer advised the contact that the vehicle was operating as designed. The manufacturer had not been notified however, the manufacturer of the bulb was notified and informed the contact that the failure was not normal. No repairs were performed. The current mileage was 93,000 and the failure mileage was 10,000.

- Portola, NN, USA

Nov 152006

CR-V 4-cyl

The low-beam headlights on this vehicle do not last, causing me to have to drive a lot of the time with only one low-beam headlight, which is a safety problem. In the five years we have owned this vehicle, I have replaced each of the front low-beams (left and right) at least 10 times each. Honda only has their warranty on their lights, and hasn't tried to do anything further with the vehicle problem to this point. It is an aggravating and frustrating problem, and also a safety hazard. I have seen numerous similar complaints online with this vehicle from this time period, and know of at least one owner of an identical vehicle in our small town who is experiencing similar problems with his low-beam headlights.

- Manchester, IA, USA

Nov 082011

CR-V

Both left and right low-beam headlights stopped working while the car was being driven at night. Fog lights and high beam lights are functioning. Fuses are not blown.

- Boiling Springs, PA, USA

Aug 022010

CR-V 4-cyl

Over the past year, I have replaced 4 head light bulbs. Each time my mechanic has stated that the bulb was blown and that it was normal. It cannot be normal wear and tear to have to replace a headlight bulb every 3 or 4 months. I have found other complaints about this same problem but there has been no action taken by the manufacturer.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Sep 172008

CR-V 4-cyl

Multiple low beam headlight bulbs burn outs followed by complete failure of passenger side low beam.

- Culver City, CA, USA

Sep 082011

CR-V 4-cyl

Both low-beam headlights out at the same time. Worked fine in the morning. In the evening went to move car into driveway, and had no low-beams. High-beams and turn indicators worked fine. Checked fuses, checked relays, replaced both headlight bulbs (H1) and headlight switch with oem replacement part from auto zone.

- La Place, LA, USA

Sep 012011

CR-V 4-cyl

While driving, both low-beam lights failed in the same moment. Hi-beams remained functioning. Earlier in the week the low-beams had flicked off briefly. Bulbs had been replaced within previous 6-months. Similar to Honda fit recall and previous CRV investigation low-beam investigation from what I have read online.

- Auburn, NH, USA

Jul 272011

CR-V 4-cyl

Excessive burnouts and shorting of driver's side low beam headlight. Replacing bulbs every six months on my 2006 Honda CRV. Occasionally, bulb would work intermittently after replacement. Now, even new bulbs don't work. In last instance, both low beams appear to have burned out at same time (fortunately during daylight hours). Updated 08/24/11 the dealer informed the consumer they often have to slightly bend the head light housing with the bulb to get the proper metal to contact, which was the case with the consumers head light. Updated 08/29/11

- Reisterstown, MD, USA

Jul 302011

CR-V 4-cyl

Both low beam headlights on car failed at the same time when switched on. Checked fuses and bulbs and they are fine.

- Ferndale, WA, USA

Jul 202011

CR-V

Bought certified used 2006 Honda CRV in 2009. About 6 months after one of the headlamps burnt out, replaced it then about 4 months later it went out again. It stated averaging going out every 4-5 months, we just keep replacing the bulbs.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA

Aug 132005

CR-V

The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the headlights would not illuminate. The vehicle was inspected by the dealer but the dealer was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and they advised him to take the vehicle in to the dealer for a second inspection. The failure mileage was approximately 5,000.

- Branford, CT, USA