2006 Honda CR-V miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda CR-V:

2006 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

May 082006

CR-V 4-cyl

We recently purchased a brand new Honda CRV ex last April 22, 2006. I noticed last May 8, while driving the car, there was a continous warning sign that the hatch glass was opened. I stopped and checked but it was closed. I made sure that it was closed but the warning sign never stop. Then, last May 13, my husband noticed the same time and when we were at the parking lot and tried to lock it using the remote control, it didn't lock anymore. We double checked all the doors and closed them one by one, but the problem remained the same. On that same day, we decided to bring the car to colonial Honda (where we purchased) and they could not fix the problem and we were told we needed to bring it during weekdays. May 15, I drove the car to colonial Honda and had their service dept to check. What they were telling me that my expectation to the brand new car is so high and its only natural to encounter problem with brand new car. Thats the point I purchased a brand new car to release me from any problem and this car is only 3 weeks old. They even gave us a service small manual car, that makes me feel more disappointed to the whole thing. They were telling me that the problem with my car is a very small problem but the bottom line, its still a problem and they dont have any control of any slight problem because it was only made by man. Thats what they were telling me. A brand new car should be tested by quality control before release to the market? I received a very poor service from this company and the fact that they gave us a car without inspecting if everything was free from any problem.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA