1.9

2006 Honda CR-V miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda CR-V:

2006 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Sep 042016

CR-V

Honda CR-V leaks rainwater onto floors of vehicle. An inch of water in the passenger compartment makes it dangerous to operate pedals which become slippery from footware, water damage to fire extinguisher and other safety equipment stored on floor for times of emergency. Many, many complaints from other CR-V owners experiencing the same problem online. I dried out the carpet, it rained again and another inch of water inside the vehicle. If mildew/mold grows this becomes a serious health hazard jepordizing anyone riding in the vehicle, especially those with compramised immune systems.

- Hilo, HI, USA

Jul 252016

CR-V

I heard that my vehicle has a recall on the ac. Would like to verify this issue, I have got lots of problems with this problem.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Sep 152015

CR-V

The driver side sun visor swung down from the headliner while I was driving on the freeway a few months ago. Fortunately, I was driving straight on the 210 freeway. Ever since the incident, it would not stay up against the headliner.

- Ranch Cucamonga, CA, USA

Sep 132015

CR-V

The ac clutch compressor is out. This is affecting my health. I have researched this and apparently from 2002-2009 this is a common problem because of Honda placement of compressor and heat from engine. I have an 2003 with the same problem.. with the 2006 and its dark interior I cannot drive the vehicle without opening windows and this is not safe for many reasons. Pls read following clip I saved from google: 2002 - 2008 Honda CRV air condition problems - recall for... video for 2006 Honda CRV compressor recall▶ 2:08 www.youtube.com/watch"V=fldx1wvjqsc Jun 6, 2014 - uploaded by broomballusba12 if you own a Honda CR-V between 2002 - 2008 then you will encounter a common problem with the ac... Honda air conditioning/compressor class action settlement topclassactions.com/.../1894-Honda-air-conditioningcompressor-class-act... May 22, 2012 - did you tell them you had received a recall notice"... 2002 Honda CRV compressor broke in 6/26/06 sent in paperwork... we have a 2006 Honda odyssy van that absolutely anything and everything has gone wrong with. Honda CR-V questions - problems with ac compressor... www.cargurus.com questions Honda CR-V cargurus Jul 6, 2007 - I had my 2006 CRV with 69K miles, was just serviced by the Honda dealer a few weeks ago, including an ac check. The compressor went out... 2006 Honda CR-V reviews and owner comments repairpal.com car reviews Honda CR-V the 2006 Honda CR-V has 7 recalls, 12 reviews, 50 questions, and 145 repair... we have a 2006 CRV SE, ,,at 99K, ,the A/C compressor, condensor and fan... Honda needs to take responsibility for ac problems in all CRV's... www.topix.com Honda CR-V Apr 12, 2012 - I am having the same issues with my 2006 Honda. In looking... 2004 Honda cr.

- Salem, OR, USA

Jun 122014

CR-V

Compressor clutch gets so hot if the A/C is ran it melts or burns around clutch and compressor no heat shields... (possible fire hazard)....

- South Webster, OH, USA

May 262015

CR-V

The sunroof glass suddenly exploded while I was travelling South on I684 in westchester county NY. Fortunately, the sun shade was closed, and we were protected from the shattering glass.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Aug 012011

CR-V 4-cyl

During heavy rains, water will seep in under the carpets from somewhere forward and lower than the windshield. The water comes from under the dashboard, usually on the passenger side. It does not drip in, but rather soaks up from under the carpet. I personally have seen the water grow up to 2 inches in depth above the carpets. After some internet searching, similar problems were found in earlier models of CR-V. the issues found stemmed from faulty/old factory seals on items like the firewall and A/C vents. Please contact with more questions if this information is unclear or could be improved.

- Tampa, FL, USA