Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2007 Honda CR-V AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jun 012010

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. while driving approximately 45 mph the contact attempted to turn on the air conditioner but only hot air would blow out of the vents. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the compressor within the air conditioning unit needed to be replaced. The contact stated that she waited for more than a month for the parts to be available. The failure mileage was unknown and the current mileage was 90,000.

- Newport, MI, USA

Sep 112007

CR-V 4-cyl

I was involved in a minor collision and the amount of damage to the total damage to my 2007 Honda CR-V was well over $8,000. I was rear ended by someone and pushed into the car in front of me. There was no damage at all to the car I was pushed into and only minor damage to the car that rear-ended me. The rear end damage to my car was over $3,000 and the front end damage to my car was over $5,000. This was a very low speed collision on a local street and even the collision shop manager was stunned at the amount of damage to the car, especially the front end. The compressor of the air conditioner was damaged beyond repair by this minor collision and had to be replaced. My auto insurance had to pay for this. The collision shop manager said he'd never seen anything quite like that - he asked me if this was a high speed collision (it was not), then asked me if the car I was pushed into had a trailer hitch sticking out (it had nothing sticking out). I now am reading numerous consumer complaints by people about the air conditioner compressor in this car in which the dealer stated that the compressor was damaged by a "pebble" from the road. Based on these complaints and my own experience, I can only conclude that there is a serious defect in the manufacture of the 2007 Honda CR-V's air conditioner compressor, causing the consumers to have to endure huge costs to replace this compressor because of such minor things as pebbles striking the part and low speed minor fender benders!!!

- Fresh Meadows, NY, USA

Aug 042007

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CRV. The air conditioner would blow hot air. The dealer stated that a pebble damaged the air condenser. The VIN and engine size were unknown. The failure mileage was 9,000 and the current mileage was 10,000.

- Wimberley, TX, USA

Jul 162007

CR-V 4-cyl

Took car to dealer with warm air conditioning blowing. Dealer stated that condenser had a hole from road debris; repair costs was $765. Subsequent search of Honda forums revealed ongoing problem with frequent air conditioner failures, and exact same line from dealer about road debris. Air conditioning failure in the deep South was an unacceptable problem in a 9 month old car with 20,000 miles. Repeated failures in different models was indicative of poor quality, and leaking coolant was a dangerous substance.

- Rome, GA, USA

Mar 182007

CR-V 4-cyl

I purchased a 2007 Honda CRV with 2 miles on it three weeks ago, the other day my A/C stopped blowing cold I called the dealer and took it in. I was informed it was the A/C condenser and had to be replaced, this was not covered by the warranty, and the cost would be $800. According to them a rock or some road debris damaged I. I could not believe this, it was my first brand new car and could afford car payments and car repairs. After making a few calls to the general sales manager they agreed to fix it, only because the dealership deposited my check early and it bounced. I have checked online, and this has happened to many many Honda customers so I called 1-800-999-1009 and spoke to Honda customer service and was told there was no recall, and itwas not covered by the warranty. Her and the service echnician at tampa hondaland both told me that I needed to buy or have made some kind of cover M to protect the A/C condenser so that it hopefully won't happen again....what? this was something that should be done by Honda or they should warranty this if it happened to consumers. Thanks for taking the time to listen to me.

- Tampa, FL, USA