CarComplaints.com Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2.1

2007 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 10 of 11)

Jun 202012

CR-V

Car security system automatically lock doors after a few seconds of unlocking. Can not unlock car with keys have to use fob. Right side passenger door wont lock proppally.

- Bristow, VA, USA

Oct 142012

CR-V

Passenger side door automatic lock malfunction. At times would not open/ at times would not lock. When I use the master control (on the drivers side door) or the key fob, the passenger side lock continually clicks. Also the locks continue to click open and locked as I drive (especially when I speed up from a stop.) I have heard that many other people have the same type of problems.

- Northport, NY, USA

Jan 022012

CR-V

The mechanics of the door locks have become progressively worse beginning first with the front passenger door and then spreading to the right side rear passenger door, driver door, and rear hatch. All of the doors randomly lock and unlock and make a loud rattling sound while doing so. The right side rear door no longer unlocks from the outside. The rear hatch only opens 5% of the time we attempt to open it (which is a nightmare when it is full of luggage or groceries). The doors will not unlock manually with a key... only the fob key. I have seen numerous complaints online addressing this problem and am shocked that it has not been addressed by Honda. It is a major safety hazard.

- Hattiesburg, MS, USA

Dec 012010

CR-V 4-cyl

The driver and passenger doors keep unlocking all the time, and can't lock my car doors and it is very unsafe.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Sep 062012

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CRV. The contact stated that the front passenger and driver side door actuators failed. As a result, the contact was unable to enter the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was advised that the failure was common with the 2007 and 2008 model years. The failure and the current mileages were 57,000. Updated 11/16/12 the consumer stated 11/5/2012 the rear door is now showing signs of potential failure. Updated 11/20/2012

- Santa Fe, NM, USA

May 022010

CR-V

Front doors started locking automatically. After approx. 9 months all doors started locking automatically. All doors would lock immediately after engine was turned off, locking all occupants inside. Would lock when car was idling in park and was unable to open doors manually with key from outside. Car was stolen then recovered. Whatever was used to steal it must have reset computer. Because for approx.1 week after recovery door locks worked fine. Now it is back to the problem as before. My 1 yr. Old grandson was locked in the car for a brief time due to this issue, luckily one of the rear windows was down and my daughter crawled thru. I have read there is a recall for this problem on 2006 Honda CRV, but not for the 2007. It is possible that left over defective parts from 2006 models were used in 2007. I am told I could have to pay up to $900 to repair this problem. I not only don't have the money, but I don't accept that it should be my problem. It's not like it's from wear and tear or misuse of the vehicle. This is my third Honda I've owned, and my last unless someone would at least acknowledge there is a problem here. Thank you

- Hemet, CA, USA

Sep 072011

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that all of the doors were locked and she was unable to unlock any of the doors whether using the electronic key fob nor manually. The contact mentioned that she was not able to enter the vehicle at all. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 150,000 and the current mileage was 180,000.

- Sacramento , CA, USA

Dec 122009

CR-V 4-cyl

When driving the vehicle, the automatic power door locks are supposed to engage when the car reaches approximately 10 mph, while driving my vehicle, this does happen but after the door locks engage, both rear doors on my vehicle unlock for no apparent reason. This appears to me to be a safety issue as I have 3 small grandchildren and I am afraid to allow them to ride in the back seat of my vehicle for fear that they may open the doors while the vehicle is moving and even though this vehicle is equipped with "childproof door locks", I will not totally rely on this as the only method to securing the doors. I have spoken to Honda on a couple of occasions in this matter, but they seem to attribute it to a wear and tear or electrical issue and even though they agreed with me that this was a potential safety issue, they did not seem to take my concerns seriously.I have also discovered that the 2006 Honda CR-V was recalled for the exact same problem and as early as a few months ago the 2012 Honda CR-V along with some Acura models are being recalled for these defective power door lock mechanisms.I replaced the front door mechanism in 2009 only to have both rear door mechanisms fail at the same time a short time later. I find it hard to attribute the failure of two individual parts to fail at the same time to a case of wear and tear or an electrical issue. I feel that these parts are failing due to an inferior design and I would like for this matter to be investigated. Thank you.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 272012

CR-V 4-cyl

The power door locks on my car unlocks and locks while driving.. passengers and driver side doors lock and cannot reopen unless U have the key or the driver unlocks the door making this a dangerous safety feature..thus if something happens to the driver the passengers in the car cannot get out.. several times that I have gotten out of the car to go into the store and left my handicapped sister in the car she tried to get out to use the stores bathroom and found that she could not get out of the car.. it was locked and the power door locks failed this has happened way too many times according to the internet when this problem is googled it appears to be a common problem..Honda needs to recall these cars and fix them this is a safety hazard if you were a passenger and got into an accident which knocks the driver out and there was a car fire etc the passengers would burn to death because they can not open the doors from the inside... or the out side... please help us Honda wanted $253 to fix one door lock I have no money to do this they should recall these vehicles.. as they are aware of this problem according to the internet...

- Port St Lucie , FL, USA

Jul 282012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the front passenger door could only be unlocked with the master control on the driver's side or with the key fob but it would lock itself if the door was not opened immediately. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for a diagnosis and the latch assembly was replaced. The failure and current mileages were 56,000.

- Windsor, CO, USA

Jul 012012

CR-V

Passenger side door lock does not function properly. The lock slowly unlocks itself.

- Athens, GA, USA

May 182012

CR-V 4-cyl

On May 18, 2012, my passenger side door lock started malfunctioning. Every time I would start or stop, the door would lock then immediately unlock. It is unable to be locked using the key fob and is unable to be locked manually by pushing the lever inside the car. So basically the car is unlocked. It is a faulty/defective door lock actuator. Common problem in Honda. Other models and years have been recalled, but not the 2007 CR-V. I only have 19,700 miles on my 5 year old car!!! Honda needs to issue a recall. I have already have two other items fixed on this car at no cost because of tsbs being issued (rear differential and transmission module). I have contacted Honda corporate to request a goodwill consideration repair since it will cost approximately $265 to replace this defective/faulty part.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Jun 042012

CR-V

Right front passenger door will not stay locked, no matter how I try to lock it. It locks and slowly opens itself.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

Apr 022012

CR-V

Front driver and trunk doors power locks stop working. It seemed to be very common issue for Honda Cr-vs 2007 and younger. I was told by dealership to replace two latches would cost me staggering $500. It definitely seem to be the design problem. I am not sure why Honda does not act to recall the part, forcing customers to pay for its shortcomings.

- Ashland, MA, USA

Mar 102012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that whenever he accelerated from stops, the door locks would involuntarily lock and unlock. On a few occasions, the contact got locked inside of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where the rear passenger side door lock was replaced. The failure and current mileages were 112,000.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 012010

CR-V 4-cyl

2007 Honda CR-V automatic door locks failing. One after the other, three(3) now. Defective automatic door locks installed on this vehicle and I feel are a safety issue.

Jan 132012

CR-V 4-cyl

Rear driver door not locking. When all the doors are locked either using the remote or the master driver door lock button, the rear driver door returns to the unlocked state within one second of locking. It cannot be locked manually and does not remain locked if the button is manually held in place. I have read various complaints of the door locking system becoming faulty. Why won't Honda take ownership and do a recall! I am unfairly having to spend almost $250 to get the actuator replaced. Door locks should come with a lifetime warranty just like seat belts! this is causing a theft hazard as well as a safety hazard for my child riding in the back seat!

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jan 122012

CR-V

Is the federal government going to sit on their hands and wait for someone to die before they take action. These door locks are unsafe and very much defective

Jan 032011

CR-V 4-cyl

At approx; 75000 miles the right front door lock started making a very loud chattering noise when you used your key remote to unlock or to lock.when the vehicle reached 10 mph during excellerating and decellerating this would also happen. Now the driver side rear passenger door lock is doing the same thing.I'm afraid to let a child ride in the back seat or the front passenger seat.I was checking online for anything about this problem and came across a interesting web site that your dept; needs to look at.there are many other CR-V owners with this same complaint. Edmunds.com>SUVS>.Honda CR-V>Honda power door locks. This forum has some pretty consistent complaints about the Honda CR-V door locks and there relevent safety.

Dec 242009

CR-V 4-cyl

Vehicle began resetting door locks whenever vehicle accelerated through 7 or 8 mph from stop. After awhile, driver side front and back doors would not lock automatically and intermittently the driver door could not be manually locked (heavy resistance when trying to flip latch). On a less frequent basis, the passenger side rear door would not auto or manually lock. For last several months the door lock solenoids fire like a machine gun whenever the doors are manually or automatically locked. Some times they all lock, other times one or more of the doors won't. tolerated for many months as dealer wouldn't fix under warranty even though only 1000 miles and a few days past 12mo/36K coverage and didn't want to pay dealer estimated fix at up to 800 dollars. Now starting to pick up grandchildren for after school care and need to fix. Seems this problem has enough complaints to warrant recall?

- Glendale, AZ, USA