CarComplaints.com Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2.1

2007 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 3 of 11)

Feb 282014

CR-V

Driver's side door lock actuator will automatically and immediately lock itself after being unlocked via the switch or keyfob locking me in or out of the vehicle. It will also click repeatedly at low speeds like it is trying to lock again and again.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 092013

CR-V 4-cyl

On 08/09/2013 I parked my Honda CRV in my driveway and locked my car with my keyless remote. One hour later our family decided to go out to dinner. We went out to our car and it wouldn't open. Tired the key in the door and tried the keyless remote also tried the spare keyless remote, would not open. At 9:30 P.M. we call aaa to open the car, at 10 P.M. aaa showed up and opened the front passenger door. He got the door open, we decided to take the car to the Honda dealer in the morning. During the night, the doors automatically locked. I needed to go to work, had to get a ride with someone else. My husband waited 3 hours for a tow-truck to show up to take it to a Honda dealership. We were very surprised to find out this was not covered by a recall, this is a safety issue. Where we live the temperature during the day in August runs from 95 degrees to 110 degrees, if this happened during the day and children were in the car, this could cause death.

- Littlerock, CA, USA

Feb 262014

CR-V

The door lock on the rear left door will not stay locked no matter what I do or how I try to lock it, even if I put in drive & all doors automatically lock the rear door unlocks itself. This is a safety & security issue!

- Payson , AZ, USA

Feb 142014

CR-V

The door immediately locks itself after being unlocked with the key fab. The door key will not unlock the door when inserted and turned. The door does the same thing when being unlocked from the inside with the lock/unlock button on the doors. As soon as you unlock the door with the button it locks itself.

- Concord, CA, USA

Nov 272013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the door locks would independently become unlocked. The failure started on the rear passenger's side door and progressed until all doors in the vehicle were affected. The vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed to determine the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was not contacted. The approximate failure mileage was 111,000.

- Clovis , CA, USA

Jan 012014

CR-V 4-cyl

Driver side locks and unlocks on its own. When trying to use remote keypad, the door sometimes does not open. I cant use the key to pen driver side lock. I recently noticed that many other consumers are having the same problem.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jan 242014

CR-V

Passenger front door does not stay locked. When I reach 9 mph doors lock and front passenger lock slowly unlocks. Then every time I slow down and then go over 9 mph it locks and unlocks. I can not leave anything in car as I am afraid someone can just open the door and steal the car or whatever may be in it. Honda dealer says this happens and I can pay them $350 and that may help but no guarantees. I can't even sell the car this way. This is irresponsible on the part of Honda. This is my first and last Honda.

- Fair Oaks, CA, USA

Jan 012010

CR-V 4-cyl

The drivers door and rear passenger side door automatically lock themselves immediately after opening (within 2 seconds). The actuators in both doors seem to be stuck in the locked position. This is extremely dangerous if you have small children as they can easily become locked in the car. The drivers door is the biggest issue because once it locks itself it triggers all other doors to lock themselves as well effectively locking you out of the vehicle. This happens every time the door unlocks. While running, keys in the ignition, no keys, doesn't matter. Will cost roughly $250 per door to repair and because the issue has not been acknowledge you should not trust oem parts.

- Kihei, HI, USA

Dec 282013

CR-V

On our 2007 Honda CR-V the passenger side door unlocks almost immediately after being locked, no matter how it is locked. This happens with the car in motion, stopped, with the key fob or manually locked. The door will also lock while driving but then immediately unlock itself. This is only part of the problem. The unlocking of the door also disengages the alarm. I can lock the door and set the alarm and within a second, can open with door with no alarm sounding at all. So with the door unlocking, my wife and children are in harms way when they're stopped as there is nothing to stop someone from entering that front passenger door into the only empty seat in the car and doing bodily harm to them or stealing the car and leaving them where ever they are. This also makes it impossible to secure the car when away from home as both the lock and alarm are disengaged making it too easy for any criminal looking for a target of opportunity. This means in a 24 hour day, my car, while parked and empty or filled with the most important people in my life, is only secured for literally a few seconds. By proxy, that means my wife and children are only secure for less than that.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Nov 272013

CR-V

We have a 2007 Honda CRV and have been having issues with our locks. They will click numerous times when they are not supposed to...everytime a stop is made while driving the car they reclick. It can be a stop sign, stop light, or just a brief stop and we will hear a clicking sound like they are relocking. We have often noticed that when someone tries to enter the driver door or front passenger door the unlock mechanism on the key or driver door has to be hit at the exact same time for a person to be able to open the door. Although it is very frustrating to hear these clicks over and over and to have to deal with trying to get into the car like this, there is an even bigger issue of safety. The rear passenger door (behind the driver's seat) will unlock itself after the car is in motion. You can hear the rear door click to unlock and it will show orange. What is even more alarming is that the rear door can be opened while the car is in motion even after the doors have been manually locked by the driver pushing the lock button! this is a serious safety hazard as my children ages 7 and 9 ride in the backseat of our CRV.

- Calera, AL, USA

Nov 202013

CR-V 4-cyl

My Honda CR-V 2007 just started to have problem with the door lock/unlock system. I started to notice the problem probably in November 2013. The car locking default set-up was at 15mph (meaning even if I forget to lock the doors, they will be locked when the car reach 15mph). However, one of the door just unlock all by itself right-after it get locked. This is a huge safety concern if you have kids in your car. I realized many CR-V owners have the same problem, but Honda decided not to do anything about it.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Dec 242013

CR-V

Passenger door locks less than a second after being unlocked, making it difficult to exit the vehicle.

- Los Gatos, CA, USA

Dec 012013

CR-V

My front passenger side door will not stay locked. Each time I lock it, all the other doors stay locked except this door. I can not manually lock it, therefore my car is now subject to vandalism or theft. I am a single female and this terrifies me that when I am sitting at a traffic light at light someone could easily attack me or try to steal my car. I contacted Honda and they said that there is absolutely nothing they can do.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Dec 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the front passenger's side door independently unlocked. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000. Updated 1/14/14

- Palmetto, GA, USA

Sep 262013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the front passenger's side door could not be locked manually and when using the remote key. A loud noise was heard from the rear passenger's side locking mechanism when attempting to lock the doors. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and repaired. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Omaha , NE, USA

Jun 172013

CR-V 4-cyl

Passenger side door does not lock. I have a child and it poses a safety risk as the door does not lock. This poses a lot of risk to thief and others as it is not working as designed.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Aug 012011

CR-V 4-cyl

Failure of door lock. The rear passenger door will not lock despite all attempts to get it to lock and the rear driver door continuously makes a loud clicking sound every 2-3 minutes as if it is locking and unlocking the clicking sound has now changed to a loud buzzing soundthe evening of Nov 11, 2013 my car had been invaded, cannot say broken into because the door would not lock! police report filed. Have appt 11-25-2013 with Honda dealer for diagnosis-actuator?. first owner of a Honda CRV 2007.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Nov 202013

CR-V 4-cyl

The front passenger door lock does not remain locked, it unlocks itself immediately after locking.

- Cave Creek, AZ, USA

Sep 262013

CR-V

Power door locks failure on two doors - one door will unlock by itself all the time. After 2 months the door lock on another door malfunctioned with the opposite problem - the door locks by itself all the time.

- East Haven, CT, USA

Oct 162013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that both rear driver and passenger side doors failed to lock remotely. The contact mentioned that the rear passenger's side door could only be locked manually however, the rear driver's side door was unable to lock manually or remotely. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for a diagnostic test or repairs. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure and current mileage was 150,000.

- Park Forrest, IL, USA