Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2007 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 5 of 11)

Jan 142013

I first had to replace the back passenger door lock (300 dollars) due to it would not lock and car was unlocked when carrying grandkids... this month the lock has failed in the front locks....if U try to unlock locks back so fast you cannot get the door opened....that is a safety hazard as whoever is sitting in the passenger side cannot get out...I am having to spend another 3 to 4 hundred dollars to fix this is a known Honda issue and they refuse to recall or assist in fixing the issue....there is a class action suit for this issue...

- Millers Creek, NC, USA

Jul 022012

CR-V 4-cyl

Failure of the door lock actuator. The rear driver's-side door continually unlocks, even despite the automatic lock feature. With small children in the back, I am unable to ensure their safety with an unlocked door while driving, or even while parked. Also, our belongings are at risk of theft because that door is constantly unlocked, even when locked by hand. Despite our efforts, the door unlocks itself immediately after we lock it.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

May 152013

CR-V 4-cyl

First issue was related to front passenger-side door lock. The lock can only be unlocked from the driver's side or with the keyless remote. Several weeks later, the rear passenger lock on the driver's side began locking and unlocking when I went above or below 10 miles per hour. My mechanic said it was probably the door actuator and that I should take it to the dealer. I have not done that to date because I viewed it as more nuisance than safety related. After reviewing some online information I realized my first assumption may be incorrect. I called Honda national to see what they had on this issue and possible remedies. I was informed that there was only a three year window for electrical issues; however, since the car is six years old, I will be financially responsible.

- Burke, VA, USA

Sep 052013

Passenger door locks and unable to open in emergency.

- Bremen, ME, USA

May 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

Automatic door locks will unlock on their own. This occurs when car is parked (so anyone can open the car and steal it or anything in the car) and while driving (which means even if you have locked the doors a passenger can open the door while the car is moving).

- Hesperia, CA, USA

Aug 012013

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

My rear passenger door locks started to make a whirring noise when the automatic 9mph designed lock system engaged and also anytime I locked my doors. I disengaged the automatic 9mph designed lock. But it still does this when I lock the vehicle with my key. At times it also locks and unlocks when I am driving. Since my inspection was due shortly I waited to have it repaired. When I took it to the Honda dealer they quoted me approx $350 to repair. Since I did not have the money at that time I ask if it would hurt to leave as is for awhile, they advised me no, but at some point I may not be able to lock on unlock the passenger door. I then looked online and saw all the problems everyone was having with this same issue. I confronted the dealer and he said it was the actuator and I ask him when Honda was going to have a recall. He said it is not a safety issue, so most likely there will be no recall. I have 38, 000 miles on my vehicle and do all the maintenance as required. Honda should acknowledge this problem and do right by their customers. This is a safety issue especially for small children and if you need to lock your doors for your own safety.

- Middletown, PA, USA

Mar 012011

Electronic door locks won't unlock. Has happened on multiple doors. This is a safety hazard and it is costing Honda customers a fortune each time they have to get the door locks repaired.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Jun 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

1. the driver's door could not be locked; 2. the rear right side door could not be locked and also could not be opened from inside the car. 3. the tailgate could not be opened.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Aug 152013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CRV. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph, the front passenger's side power door lock actuator caused the door to independently unlock. In addition, the lift gate would not release upon engagement. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000....updated 10-24-13 the consumer stated after the driver's side door lock was repaired the passenger's side door then failed a short time later. Updated 11/1/2013

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Aug 202013

Rear hatch will not unlock. Unable to unlock rear passenger door. I've been told it is an defective door lock actuator. A class action suit was filed in April 2013 regarding this issue. I called Honda who said there were no recalls and that I should take it to my local dealer to evaluate the situation. Perhaps Honda should consider recalling the defective actuators. Being unable to unlock car doors on a vehicle is completely unsafe.

- Seaford, NY, USA

Jul 122013

CR-V 4-cyl

The passenger door lock will not stay unlocked no matter whether I unlock it from outside with the remote or from the inside driver lock button. It unlocks then a couple seconds later, it locks itself. This happens every time I unlock the door - not sporadically.

- Norwalk, CT, USA

Jul 012013

The doors will lock and unlock on there own at random times. You can unlock the doors with the key fob and they will re-lock themselves within a few seconds. This can be very dangerous as they can unlock while driving or a child could get locked in the vehicle. This is apparently a very widely known issue at Honda.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Aug 122013

Door lock problem: Driver's side rear door intermittently does not lock. This occurs when key fob is used, when power door lock button is used, and when door is locked manually. Additionally, while driving, intermittently the door locks and unlocks within seconds of itself. Honda dealer replaced actuator as a non-warranty repair.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Aug 252012

CR-V 4-cyl

The passenger rear right (R.rr) door lock actuator failed on 8/25/12 in the locked position then eventually would unlock with the remote fob but would immediately relock on its own. The passenger front ( door lock actuator failed on 12/10/12 with the same symptoms as the R.rr actuator. The passenger left rear (L.rr) actuator failed on 8/15/13 in the locked mode and would not unlock with the mechanical lever or remote fob. In order to get the door open I had to remove the door panel and dissemble the actuator still installed in the door.

- Matthews, NC, USA

Dec 192012

CR-V 4-cyl

Door locks normally with key fob or at designated speed of 8mph. However left rear and right front slowly unlock after about 3 seconds. Repeated key fob use is to no avail. Using the door lock switch or the actual door lock mechanism will still not allow door to remain locked. Highly unsafe as there is no way to keep door locked and prevent door from opening. Vehicle is now easily hijackable or can be broken into quickly.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Mar 152013

When locking the front passenger door the door automatically re-opens.the door will not manually lock as well. Honda will not take responsibility for the defect. A very big safety concern for the passenger sitting in that seat.

- San Ramon, CA, USA

Aug 012013

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving approximately 25 mph, the rear driver's side automatic door failed to lock as designed upon reaching 9 mph. In addition, the rear driver's side door would not lock automatically when exiting the vehicle. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 59,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 152013

2007 Honda CR-V, started with rear passenger door lock not unlocking. Within one week all door locks were not unlocking. Now the driver's door will lock and unlock while driving. I have about 1 second to pull the handle once I press unlock (on remote or within the vehicle) to open the door or it locks itself again. After vehicle it shut off 2 doors will not lock and vehicle is left unlocked. This is a huge safety issue with my children in the car! Honda needs to address, recall and fix this problem immediately.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Aug 042013

CR-V 4-cyl

2007 Honda CR-V rear door lock. When lock the door and started driving, the rear door lock automatically unlock while car is in motion. Rear door lock cannot be lock at all, the door lock will auto re-open after each lock.

- Sunnyvale , CA, USA

Jul 052013

The car automatically locks and unlocks several times while I am driving. I am not able to lock my rear passenger door on the driver side. My car is always unlocked. Very unsafe. I am always afraid that someone will get into my car and run away. It's very annoying to hear the doors lock and unlock themselves the hole time I am driving. I know lots of other people had the same problem with the 2007 Honda CR-V. I hope that Honda would fix these problems immediately.

- Sterling, VA, USA