Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2007 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 8 of 11)

Jun 072013

CR-V 4-cyl

While driving my car, I noticed that the door locks started unlocking on and off with every acceleration increase of 10-15 mph (major safety issue for occupants). In addition, the passenger side door will not lock with the electronic key or by manual push. Worse, the door lock problem led to my car being vulnerable to unlawful entry, and sure enough, my car was ransacked (items stolen) this week after I thought all my "dependable Honda" doors were locked. After researching, I am disgusted to see that many Honda CR-V (2007 model) drivers are experiencing exact or similar problems with the doors (un)locking. It is unbelievable that this safety issue hasn't been recalled yet. Very unhappy!!!

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 062013

Electrical door locks started lock/unlock erratically themselves, all doors.. while driving, stopping, parking. When you stop the car, they locking themselves and you can't open door till you press lock manually or remove the keys and press open button.

- Los Avgeles, CA, USA

Jun 042013

I noticed today that the front passenger door lock will lock and then slowly unlock. It locks both with the remote and the auto lock feature, but will not stay locked.

- South Solon, OH, USA

May 172013

CR-V 4-cyl

I'm having issues with the front passenger door lock mechanism. A couple weeks ago, I could not get the door to unlock. I tried the remote, the automatic button on the door, and even manually locking. Nothing worked. Then, yesterday, the opposite began. The front passenger door will not stay locked. Again, trying all means of locking and nothing keeps it locked. It will initially lock, but slowly unlocks. As I'm driving, it will try to lock again at 9 mph, but doesn't hold. So, in stop and go traffic, I get to hear my door locking over and over again. I have seen several posts experiencing the identical issue. My dealer could not find any recall information.

- West Des Moines, IA, USA

May 222013

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that all doors would lock with the exception the front passenger's door. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 40,000.

- Elmwood Park, IL, USA

May 252013

Even when you lock it (or it locks automatically above 10 mph), the front two door locks will automatically open, when driving or even after parking the car. Based upon other posts, this seems to be a chronic problem with the door lock actuator, and should be the subject of a recall. ## VIN failed ##

- Irvine, CA, USA

May 132013

The doors unlock themselves whether driving or parked. When I use my remote to lock my doors two of my doors automatically unlock themselves. When driving and auto locks engage, two of the doors automatically unlock themselves causing the car to continually lock and unlock itself.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Apr 012013

It started with the rear passenger door lock unlocking and locking itself. Now the other door locks are doing the same thing. As I am driving they are always unlocking and locking. I am scared my son will lean on the door handle while driving and the door will open. The car only has 43317 miles on it.

- Manchester, NH, USA

May 212013

Without warning, immediately after unlocking the door it would relock its self.

- Valley Center , CA, USA

Jul 132010

CR-V 4-cyl

The vehicle locks and unlocks itself while driving and while parked. It doesn't happen all the time, it's random when it happens. After a quick search online, I found many people having the same lock issues or at least something similar.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 202013

CR-V 4-cyl

Driver's side rear door lock moves itself into unlock position either immediately after locking, or within a few minutes of driving. The actuator will lock, but there is clearly a spring force that gradually unlocks the door during driving, or even when stationary in a parking lot. I first noticed the problem as the doors would continually try to lock in stop and go traffic. Eventually, I found which door, when I opened it from the outside when all others were locked. It doesn't matter if the child safety switch is engaged or not. The door will still unlock itself.

- Mira Loma, CA, USA

May 182013

CR-V 4-cyl

While driving at approximately 25mph or while stopped, or while parked the door locks will lock and unlock on their own. My wife and I watched the door unlock while parked with the ignition turned off. This issue presents serious safety and security concerns.

- Minden, NV, USA

Feb 152013

CR-V 4-cyl

Door locks began to lock and unlock by themselves repeatedly as I drove, unlocking @ around 9 mph no matter how many times I relocked. If I relocked them they would open at an intersection stop (very unsafe also!), or just open & close while I was driving - all kinds of noisy door-locking & unlocking. I was unable to keep the rear door locked at all when I stopped the car, leaving it unlocked at night or if I left the care to go somewhere. I was on a trip with luggage, computer, gps, etc. In the car and it was unlocked! when I got back home to Rhode Island and brought it to the dealership they found the lock actuators on the front & rear passenger doors needed to be replaced at a cost of $524. They stated they didn't know what happened but it was not cause by anything I did, which made me even more uncomfortable because then it might happen again! I felt I had to pay to have the service completed because I felt so unsafe with an unlocked auto, both on the road when driving and also overnight or when parked. I have just submitted this information, service invoice, and a copy of my proof of payment to Honda in torrance, ca, only because I saw a similar complaint on wpri-tv in providence - which made me realize I was not at all alone with this issue.

- Providence, RI, USA

Apr 012013

The rear door lock fails to lock. The rear door lock will not lock when using the key fob. The door can be opened while the car is traveling. The door tries to lock after every stop once the car is going again but still will not lock. Significant safety problem as a child can open the door while it is moving.

- Wakefield, RI, USA

Aug 012012

All five door locks will lock immediately after you unlock them making it very difficult to get into or out of the car. The locks will also lock and unlock randomly while driving under 15mph.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

May 012013

The left rear door does not lock when using the fob or when in the car. All other doors lock, the back door tries to lock, and then automatically unlocks. When accelerating from a stopped position, the door will try to lock, but then unlocks. After seeing all of the posts related to this problem, I think Honda should step up to resolve this.

- Osceola, IN, USA

Apr 192013

Began having chronic issue with rear passenger door locks. Door cannot be manually locked and if I attempt to lock with key remote it immediately unlocks. I tried to see if keeping the child lock on would at least help keep it locked but it does not work. The car is constantly locking and unlocking every time I am in motion but immediately unlocks. This is very unsafe especially if transporting small children because the car does not stay locked at all. It is also unsafe to keep any belongings in the car overnight since the car cannot be locked under any circumstances.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

May 022013

CR-V 4-cyl

Door locks continually re-lock after each acceleration past 9mph. And rear driver's side door lock actuator continually unlocks itself whether parked or in motion! extremely dangerous for children!! the CR-V is now incapable of being locked while parked.

- Newport, RI, USA

Apr 292013

CR-V 4-cyl

Front passenger door wont stay locked. Locks and then unlocks every time I slow down. Cant lock manually either so no security.

- St. Paul, MN, USA

May 032013

The right rear door lock reopens by itself after I lock the doors with the fob. The lock will not lock manually. Hence I cannot lock the vehicle. Several other people have complained of similar problems with this make and year vehicle - numerous complaints on the website. Apparently, a class action lawsuit was filed against Honda in January 2013 regarding this and other door lock problems of this year CRV vehicle. From internet research the price is about $300 to fix per door. I am unable to fully lock my car both when I am in it and when I am away from it. Hence we CRV owners are now subject to any one getting in or waiting in our vehicles and causing harm to us. Also any one can take anything or put anything into my unlocked car. We are open to some one jumping in our unlocked vehicles when we stop at traffic lights - especially at night. Finally, the car door automatic door locking system seems to try to lock the mentioned malfunctioned rear right door every time I slow below 10 mph and then speed up. I hear the clicking sound when the door is trying to be locked. The attempts are unsuccessful, the door does not lock thanks

- Erie, PA, USA