Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2007 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 9 of 11)

May 022013

Upon starting the car the front passenger door locks and unlocks randomly.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Apr 302013

I have been having issues with the door lock actuator for the last 2 years, I have had them replaced, and now they are being replaced again. I can not lock them on the inside, and leaves my car open to anyone. I don't feel it is a safe. The dealership knows it is an issue yet they charge an arm & a leg to fix them. Ridiculous!!!

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Apr 292013

Passenger rear door lock not working. Honda dealership said the door lock actuator is broken and needs to be repaired. This seems to be a common occurence. They charged me $280 for repair.

- North Hills, CA, USA

Mar 062013

CR-V 4-cyl

2007 Honda CRV problems with door locks. The driver's door lock automatically unlocks while the vehicle is moving and can't be relocked. At first it was the passenger door lock, got that fixed @ Honda and cost about $300 back in Oct 2010 @ 38500 od mi. Now, the driver's door lock has the same problem! using remote keyless or driver's master door lock button, all doors lock except for the driver's door. It constantly makes grinding sounds and lock clicking on but does not lock!!.. tried to lock manually, but key does not work, afraid to force it and have it break in the lock. Safety issue and as well as property damage (unable to secure property). I hear this has been an ongoing issue with Honda CRV and other models, dating back quite a few years and makes sense if Honda contracting the same vendors! quality control issue" the recent recall for 2012 Honda and Acura for defective door locks!! if using same vendor - same problem - and why only 2012 if older cars have had the same problems" recall should be for older cars as well! ** other problem is the powertrain @ 66000 od mi. - recently noticed that at speeds of 10 - 15 mph ( after every stop) car sluggish as if about to lose power (dangerous safety issue) recall issues!

- Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA

Apr 092013

CR-V 4-cyl

After unlocking the door the door then locks itself. This happens both when you unlock manually or unlock using the fob. Very dangerous as it locks you in the car and will not unlock.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Apr 012013

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Oct 012012

The drivers side door will lock automatically and will sometimes not unlock.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Sep 302010

My vehicle door locks are defective they open then close then open again. Not even if I open them manually!

- Tampa, FL, USA

Dec 152008

The car doors automatically lock without any action on the part of the driver. This is a serious safety issue that should be resolved by Honda at no cost to the vehicle owners.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Feb 252013

When using the key to unlock the doors, they relocked automatically in less than one second. This was initially occurring sporadically, but within a week progressed to constantly. Even unlocking manually from inside the vehicle, it relocked on its own before I was able to open the door. This has become a safety issue, as I use my vehicle mostly as transportation for my young children. The first time it kept locking on me, my baby was in her car seat and I was unable to unlock the doors. This was very frightening to me. I must now simultaneously press the unlock button and use my other hand to open the door to be able to enter or exit my vehicle. I called my local Honda dealer who told me that he hadn't heard of this problem, and that it would cost $ 127 for a diagnostic test to try to find the cause of the problem.

- West Hills, CA, USA

Mar 112013

The power door locks are malfunctioning. When unlocking the car to either enter or exit the vehicle, the car locks again automatically in less than a second. This occurs when using the remote to unlock the car as well as when unlocking the car from any door both outside and inside manually. In addition to this malfunction being a major inconvenience with nearly having locked myself out of the car numerous times (particularly at the gas pump and in store parking lots), it most certainly is a safety issue as well. It makes it difficult both entering and exiting the vehicle at any given time, let alone in the event of an emergency, especially with kids in tow.

- Beaumont, CA, USA

Mar 062013

Driver side lock and trunk lock initially about a month ago would not lock manually or remotely. Then two days ago, the car would not unlock at all. Had to have the car unlocked by a company. Now only the passenger and two rear doors work. I have to crawl in from the passenger side to get in the car.

- Erie, CO, USA

Jan 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

I'm having trouble with my door locks. The front door locks don't work properly and the rear hatch also works when it wants to?.....I've read the owners manual and done what it says to do to no avail....please tell me if their is a remedy.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Feb 272013

The locks on my car's doors automatically re-lock within a second of trying to unlock them. When the engine is running, and I am in park, I cannot manually unlock the doors at all. I am very nervous that I may end up getting locked in my car without the ability to exit; this could be especially hazardous in an accident or another emergency.

- Meadow Vista, CA, USA

Sep 032012

CR-V 4-cyl

Power door lock would open and close randomly while driving, from a stopped position to approx 20mph. Recently when using key fob to lock car the doors would randomly unlock(took several times of locking and unlocking( to get the doors to stay locked. This past week the door lock actuator started making a terrible grinding sound when locking/unlocking doors. Now door power door locking system has failed entirely and I have to use the key to open the doors.

- Sound Beach, NY, USA

Aug 132012

On my 2007 CRV the doors, if not already locked, lock automatically when the car reaches about 10 to 20 mph. In mid August 2012 I began to hear the clicking of the door locking each time I started after being stopped at a light or having slowed down. I realized that the passenger rear door was not locking. I brought it to be fixed and was told it was the actuator. The cost to repair was $230. Two months later, it happened again with another door-this time, the passenger front door. And then in December it happened again with the driver side rear door. I did not get the last two fixed right away due to the cost (with 2 it would be around $500 which I did not have at the time) but it became a significant problem because I could not lock my car. This is a saftey issue too, I did not feel comfortable riding in my car in certain neighborhoods and I was concerned about possible theft of my car or items in my car since there was no way to lock the doors. I have had the two actuators replaced and have contacted Honda but they say there is no recall for my VIN # and with the milage and age of my car....however, there have been several other models with door lock issues. Honda knows that the door locks are/have been an issue. I believe it is a safety concern that Honda should address. No one should have to wait until they can afford to fix these locks in order to get them fixed!

- Arlington, VT, USA

Feb 012011

It started by lock the passenger side automatic and you can not enter or open the door after a while it is making a horrible noise when I try to unlock or locked the doors.

- El Paso , TX, USA

Jan 252013

CR-V 4-cyl

The front passenger door lock automatically unlocks while the vehicle is moving and can't be relocked. Also, the other door locks click for no reason.

- Erie, PA, USA

Jul 022012

Problem started with driver-side rear locks. Would not always lock, constantly tried to relock itself while driving, and made rattling sound. Problem has spread to all doors. Driver side door will not lock at all. Passenger-side rear lock will not unlock. Hatch will not open. Other doors relock themselves immediately so you have less than one second to open door. Using the key itself makes no difference.

- Brentwood, TN, USA

Jun 202012

Car security system automatically lock doors after a few seconds of unlocking. Can not unlock car with keys have to use fob. Right side passenger door wont lock proppally.

- Bristow, VA, USA