2.2

2007 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 10)

Nov 142014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. while traveling approximately 20 mph, the front and rear driver side door unlocked independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the door lock actuators needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. In addition, the front passenger side door failed to open with the key fob. The vehicle had not been repaired for the recent failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 118,000.

- Georgetown, IN, USA

Jul 012014

CR-V

Door locks automatically lock all four doors. As soon as you unlock them, they lock again. You can not use the manual unlock because it seems frozen and can only unlock the car using the key fob and then they lock again right away. This is a serious hazard for obvious reasons and Honda needs to take responsibility for this and make it part of a national recall. Online forums are loaded with Honda owners experiencing the same and/or similar problems. A class action suit was filed early 2013 regarding this specific issue. Results, if any, are not known.

- Apex, NC, USA

May 012014

CR-V

The rear and front passenger door locks will automatically unlock after being locked. The lock button also will not consistently lock any of the doors in the car. Therefore I have 2 doors in my call that will never lock. This poses a safety issue for not only myself but also any passengers that I have with me. It also put any of possessions that are left in the car vulnerable to theft. This is the same problem has occurred in earlier models and Honda has recalled this issue, yet in later models the same issue is happening yet no recall has been made.

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 022013

CR-V 4-cyl

When I accelerated from a stopped position at a stoplight, my vehicle automatically locked all the doors (which it had done upon leaving the parking lot). I thought this strange. Then I looked and saw that the front passenger side lock unlocked itself as soon as the doors had locked. When I stopped again at another light, it repeated the pattern. Due to the fact that the front passenger side door was unlocked, the car locked all doors, and then the front passenger side door unlocked itself again. This repeats every time I stop anywhere. It is not safe. I am unable to keep my doors locked when driving. Also, if I lock my car when I leave my vehicle, the alarm will sound within minutes due to the car "unlocking" itself again. I am unable to secure my vehicle due to the malfunctioning front passenger door lock. According to research, this is a common complain that the manufacturer has been aware of for several years. I do not understand why this has continued. I do not have the money for repairs, so I endanger myself and my family every time we travel in this vehicle without being secure with proper door locks.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jun 132014

CR-V 4-cyl

As reported by a number of other Honda CRV owners, my front passenger door lock unlocks itself. I first noticed it after something was stolen from my car. I could not understand how that was possible because I needed to unlock my driver's side door to get into the car. I never checked the passenger door lock. I then noticed that the car doors continued to lock as I was driving. I looked over and noticed that the passenger door lock would unlock as soon as it locked. So now the lock mechanism keeps trying to lock the door after every stop. This is clearly a safety issue and a recall needs to be made for a faulty part. The safety issue is threefold: 1) preventing items or the car from being stolen because the car cannot be locked; 2) driving in a large city and not being able to lock the passenger side door. I am fearful that someone could enter the car while I am stopped in unsafe locations; 3) I park in a garage and sometimes leave late in the evening. I need to make sure there is no one in my car now before I enter it. GM waited too long to recall their cars. I am asking Honda to be more proactive since this is a know issue. I believe there is a class action suit currently pending for this issue, so there are obviously a large number of Honda owners who have experienced this issue but may have not reported it here.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

May 292014

CR-V

This is a serious safety issue. The lock on the right side rear will not open manually nor will it open with the remote except for about one second when the remote is pressed. If there had been any kind of emergency anyone in that seat would not have been able to get out. Complained to the dealer, but because it was out of warranty it will cost about $300 to fix. Thought this issue should be reported as a warning to others with keyless entry remotes. Very dangerous.

- Hemet, CA, USA

Jun 012013

CR-V

The first sign of a door locking problem started with my rear hatch not opening. The next day I found the rear passenger door does not lock and the locks keep clicking as you drive. My research on the internet tells me after drivers pay Honda many hundreds of dollars for this repair the problem returns on another door or the actuator they replace fails again.this is a safety hazard for both a passenger falling out or a criminal getting in and attacking someone or stealing the car and or its contents. Why is nothing being done when so many people are at risk.this is not a potential problem, it is an existing problem for CRV, civic and Accord drivers.

- Grayslake, IL, USA

May 192014

CR-V

When I unlocked all the doors - the front passenger door lock opened but then retracted and the door would not open - I clicked the open switch several times and was finally able to open the door - but then the switch seemed to jam again - further research indicated that the actuator is the cause. This appears to be a potentially serious issue - if the door will not open in the event of an emergency - at the very least it is frustrating to have to remember to try to open the door as soon as it is activated otherwise it will retract and not open. I have in the interim tried applying some white lithium grease to the inside and it appears to help temporarily - but the actuator will eventually have to be replaced. I was trying to inquire if this shouldn't be a recall or reimbursement for repair from Honda.....

- Glen Burnie, MD, USA

May 152014

CR-V

The automatic locks and door lock actuators seem to be malfunctioning. The locks will randomly unlock and lock miles into a drive. When the door is locked with the side door button on either the drivers side or passengers side the actuator makes a horrible noise. When the key is used to unlock the vehicle the actuator makes a horrible noise as well.

- Erie, CO, USA

May 162012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V.the contact stated that the rear driver and rear passenger side doors failed to lock or unlock remotely or manually. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed with a fractured lock actuator. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000 and the current mileage was 38,000.

- Charlestown, MA, USA

Apr 212014

CR-V 4-cyl

The first sign of a door locking problem started with my rear hatch not opening. As a senior female I had to struggle to get 10 40lb bags of smelly wet fertilizer over the passenger seats and out a passenger door. The next day I found the rear passenger door does not lock and the locks keep clicking as you drive. Two Honda dealers we called offer nothing but an expensive repair. My research on the internet tells me after drivers pay Honda many hundreds of dollars for this repair the problem returns on another door or the actuator they replace fails again.this is a safety hazard for both a passenger falling out or a criminal getting in and attacking someone or stealing the car and or its contents. Why is nothing being done when so many people are at risk.this is not a potential problem, it is an existing problem for CRV, civic and Accord drivers.

- White, Not Of Hispanic Origin, NJ, USA

Oct 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

The door lock on both the drivers side door and the drivers side rear door have been having problems with the door lock actuator where the door will not securely lock when the door lock is activated. The back drivers side door in particular will initially lock then slowly unlock within 2 seconds and the front door will sometimes just not lock at all, almost like it is stuck.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Feb 092014

CR-V

The rear passenger door locks and unlocks while driving. One day my son had a difficult time getting out of the car because as soon as he unlocked the door it would lock again. Concerns I have are someone getting in my car while I'm stopped at a light, etc. Or a child opening the door from inside while the car is moving. It doesn't seem to matter how fast or slow the car is moving, it will still lock and unlock on its own.

- Wellington, KS, USA

Apr 202014

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the doors independently locked. The contact also mentioned that the door failed to unlock without the use of the key fob. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 85,000. Updated 06/10/14 the consumer stated all 4 door locks and rear hatch immediately lock when the doors were closed. This is occurs whether the engine is running or not. This activated the alarm so that passengers cannot unlock the doors manually. Updated 06/10/2014

- Plano , TX, USA

Apr 142014

CR-V

The front passanger side door immediately locks itself after being unlocked. It happens when the door is being unlocked from the inside with the lock/unlock button on the door. It also happens when you use the key fob. As soon as you unlock the doors the front passanger side door locks itself.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Apr 082014

CR-V 4-cyl

Doors in vehicle lock and unlock themselves while driving. Problem appears to happen around the speed of 15 mph, both while accelerating and breaking, ie: Slowing down to eventual stop. While this occurs, it is possible to open the door, even as the vehicle is in motion. Lock "sounds" are also heard as the locks engage, and disengage while driving. This happens every time we drive. Also, when the car is parked and we attempt to lock the car; both with the buttons on either the driver side and passenger side, or the button on the key fob, the drivers side lock makes an unusual sound, like the door is attempting to lock, but something is "off track". when this occurs, the drivers side door is unable to lock. Because of this, we cannot set the alarm on the vehicle, which allows anyone to enter the vehicle at the driver side and the hatchback. This problem occurs about 70% of the time. Further research into this issue shows that several others have experienced this malfunction in most Honda crvs between the years 2007-2010. Usually occurs on or around the 50K mile mark, when the factory warranty is no longer effective. Because Honda will supply customers with the same actuator as already equipped in the vehicle, the problem is not corrected, and eventual repeat of same defects occur.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Mar 132013

CR-V 4-cyl

My Honda cr V 2007 door lock. It started about one and one half ago, the back driver door kept locking and unlocking as I drive. Later the other door started to act up, now 04/05/2014, it opens while I drive. The driver side stay open (always) I cannot lock the car.

- Brooklyn , NY, USA

Feb 282014

CR-V

Driver's side door lock actuator will automatically and immediately lock itself after being unlocked via the switch or keyfob locking me in or out of the vehicle. It will also click repeatedly at low speeds like it is trying to lock again and again.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 092013

CR-V 4-cyl

On 08/09/2013 I parked my Honda CRV in my driveway and locked my car with my keyless remote. One hour later our family decided to go out to dinner. We went out to our car and it wouldn't open. Tired the key in the door and tried the keyless remote also tried the spare keyless remote, would not open. At 9:30 P.M. we call aaa to open the car, at 10 P.M. aaa showed up and opened the front passenger door. He got the door open, we decided to take the car to the Honda dealer in the morning. During the night, the doors automatically locked. I needed to go to work, had to get a ride with someone else. My husband waited 3 hours for a tow-truck to show up to take it to a Honda dealership. We were very surprised to find out this was not covered by a recall, this is a safety issue. Where we live the temperature during the day in August runs from 95 degrees to 110 degrees, if this happened during the day and children were in the car, this could cause death.

- Littlerock, CA, USA

Feb 262014

CR-V

The door lock on the rear left door will not stay locked no matter what I do or how I try to lock it, even if I put in drive & all doors automatically lock the rear door unlocks itself. This is a safety & security issue!

- Payson , AZ, USA