2.2

hardy worth mentioning

2007 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Jan 152008

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving 50 mph, the passenger and driver's side doors failed to lock or unlock without manual force. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the actuator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Suprise , AZ, USA

Aug 152013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CRV. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph, the front passenger's side power door lock actuator caused the door to independently unlock. In addition, the lift gate would not release upon engagement. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 84,000....updated 10-24-13 the consumer stated after the driver's side door lock was repaired the passenger's side door then failed a short time later. Updated 11/1/2013

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Aug 012013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving approximately 25 mph, the rear driver's side automatic door failed to lock as designed upon reaching 9 mph. In addition, the rear driver's side door would not lock automatically when exiting the vehicle. The vehicle had not been diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 59,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 152013

CR-V

2007 Honda CR-V, started with rear passenger door lock not unlocking. Within one week all door locks were not unlocking. Now the driver's door will lock and unlock while driving. I have about 1 second to pull the handle once I press unlock (on remote or within the vehicle) to open the door or it locks itself again. After vehicle it shut off 2 doors will not lock and vehicle is left unlocked. This is a huge safety issue with my children in the car! Honda needs to address, recall and fix this problem immediately.

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

Aug 042013

CR-V 4-cyl

2007 Honda CR-V rear door lock. When lock the door and started driving, the rear door lock automatically unlock while car is in motion. Rear door lock cannot be lock at all, the door lock will auto re-open after each lock.

- Sunnyvale , CA, USA

Jul 052013

CR-V

The car automatically locks and unlocks several times while I am driving. I am not able to lock my rear passenger door on the driver side. My car is always unlocked. Very unsafe. I am always afraid that someone will get into my car and run away. It's very annoying to hear the doors lock and unlock themselves the hole time I am driving. I know lots of other people had the same problem with the 2007 Honda CR-V. I hope that Honda would fix these problems immediately.

- Sterling, VA, USA

Aug 042013

CR-V

The door locks activate inappropriately when the car is stopped. I unlock the doors to take my children out of the back of the car, and the car locks itself within 2-3 seconds before I can even open the back door. Beyond just being annoying, this is a major safety issue.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

Driver side door continues to self-lock when trying to open car door for entrance. If the car door handle is pulled after 2 seconds, the driver door locks along with all other doors on the vehicle. I have been a Honda car driver for the majority of my driving life. I love Honda brand of cars because they are such a dependable car with regular maintenance upkeep, however this is frustrating as I am now fearful that I might actually become locked in my car and would need to climb out of the window to exit.

- Desoto, TX, USA

Jun 012013

CR-V

The automatic door locks continually lock and unlock themselves. Each time I restart the car, the door locks will automatically lock. After a few minutes, they will unlock by themselves.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jul 232013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that after starting the vehicle, the driver's side door failed to remain locked. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- White Plains , NY, USA

May 012013

CR-V

Door locks have suddenly started to randomly lock and unlock while I am driving. Rear passenger door will not stay locked.

- Bryson City, NC, USA

Jul 152011

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the rear passenger's side door and hatch were inoperable and could not be unlocked. The front passenger and rear passenger side door operated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the lock actuator would have to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 89,049.

- Greeley , CO, USA

Jul 192013

CR-V 4-cyl

Front drivers side and front passenger door locks did not activate per design when reaching speed of 9 mph. Consider this to be a safety problem in that driver or passenger could open doors while traveling at high rates of speed or in case of accident doors could open exposing driver or passenger to harm.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 022012

CR-V 4-cyl

Left rear door lock actuator did not lock after 9 mph per design. Believe this to be a safety issue in that passenger in left rear can open door while traveling at high speeds.

- Albuquerqu, NM, USA

Feb 162011

CR-V 4-cyl

In January of 2011 the power door locks on my Honda CRV started clicking at 10 mph--by February of 2011, the doors started locking on me seconds after I remotely unlocked the door--sometimes not even letting me open the door and get into the car. I had an incident in mid February, when the door blew closed with the key in the ignition, my purse and cell phone in the car--and locked me out of the car--thankfully my sunroof was open and all 63 years of me had to climb into the car through the sunroof. Next day we took it to the dealer, who replaced the actuator on the driver door. Almost two years later in may of 2013 it started all over again--this time the rear door behind the driver. The first time it cost us $282--this last time it was $244. We have two more doors to go and another lady said she had all of them replaced and it cost her $900.--this is definitely a defect in these cars, and Honda should have a recall and reimburse what we had to pay!

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 152013

CR-V 4-cyl

The power door locks lock and unlock automatically. This problem was also in the 2006 CRV and there was a recall due to the safety issue of doors unlocking while car was moving. Honda is aware of this issue but refuses to repair the 2007 model. Honda would rather charge consumers $400 plus for each lock actuator that has to be replaced.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Jul 012012

CR-V

The locks are acting weird. The car locks automatically when the door is closed. As soon as I get in the doors lock and the same when I get out. When I need to get in the car I need to use the key fob and it unlocks for just a second the locks again quickly. Very annoying! I fear the locks will malfunction more and more as time passes. Today the alarm went on and I had to start the car and put it in reverse and back in drive then in park and then off to end the alarm.

- Menifee, CA, USA

Jul 132013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the power locks would engage independently while the contact was driving various speeds. The contact did not take the vehicle to the dealer for diagnostic testing or repairs. The failure mileage was 129,000....updated 08-08-13 the consumer stated the rear passenger door lock will not stay locked. Within one second of engaging locks, the door unlocked and remained unlocked. The actuator was replaced under warranty.

- Livingston, TN, USA

Oct 012012

CR-V 4-cyl

Last fall, the door lock on the front passenger door on my 2007 Honda CRV began to lock back after unlocking it to allow my son into the car. It locks back within 2-3 seconds of unlocking it with the keyless entry. Since this time, the other 3 doors operate in the same manner. The doors lock back within seconds after unlocking. On Monday, July 15, my car did not start. With the keys in the ignition, I got out of the car to go check under the hood. After checking under the hood, I tried to get back in my car but could not...the doors were locked...all four of them along with the hatchback. I returned inside my home to retrieve my spare car key. The key did not unlock my door. I attempted several times without luck. There is only one key entry point with the model I have and the key did not work. I had to enter the car through the sunroof, which I had left open the previous evening. I then removed the keys from the ignition and attempted to open the door manually with this key. It did not open the door, either. Neither does the valet key. The only way I can open my car is with the keyless entry. I checked with the local Honda dealer and was told it would cost between $800-$1200 to fix. I do not think this is right - I should be able to open my car with a key. I can get by without the keyless entry but all cars, regardless of mileage or years, should open manually with a key.

- Phenix City, AL, USA

Jul 102013

CR-V 4-cyl

The lock on my right passenger and rear/trunk doors locked and were unable to unlock (could not open manually either). The car was parked in my garage when this occurred. The dealership wanted to charge me $860 to repair both locks. After contacting America Honda, the price was dropped to $401. Apparently the problems were the fuse box problem and the door latch actuator. I feel this to be a safety concern especially since I have a toddler who could have been or may be trapped in the car when the doors lock. This is a defect of the vehicle and not a maintenance that I neglected to service or upkeep therefore I feel that I should not have to pay anything and the car should be recalled since I've read enough complaints regarding the CRV door locks. I am the original owner of this car and have only taken my car to Honda dealership for services.

- Mt. Laurel , NJ, USA