CarComplaints.com Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2.1

2007 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 11)

Jan 012010

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the door lock system failed numerous times. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who replaced the door actuator, but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for inspection and stated that the lock system fuse needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Feb 192013

CR-V

Received a recall notice from american Honda about 2007 CR-V Honda drivers door lock may not lock or cycle when trying to unlock the door. Took the vehicle in to spring branch Honda in houston, tx for the recall repair; now the left rear door cycles lock/unlock when stopping and starting everytime you stop/start, but will not lock when vehicle is turned-off nor after exiting the vehicle. The left door will not lock at all when vehicle is in motion nor after exiting the vehicle. Even though my eight year old is wearing a seatbelt I'm still afraid he may open the door accidentally and fall out of a moving vehicle.

- Katy, TX, USA

Dec 252014

CR-V 4-cyl

Back door will not lock. It seems thats the latch is not holding even when lock. With little force I can open the door when it suppose to be lock. Door will also become unlock by the bump force of speed bumbs. The car has low miliegae and never been in a crash. I feel that the locking components should last much longer than 83K miles. It seems that other consumers have the same problem but Honda is doing nothing about it. Someone get this going and put a recall in order.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Nov 142014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. while traveling approximately 20 mph, the front and rear driver side door unlocked independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the door lock actuators needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. In addition, the front passenger side door failed to open with the key fob. The vehicle had not been repaired for the recent failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 118,000.

- Georgetown, IN, USA

Nov 042014

CR-V

The door locks cycle from unlocked to lock and then the right rear door does not lock at all anymore. Cannot secure the vehicle due to power locking system malfunctions while driving and when stationary does not stay locked.

- Atascosa , TX, USA

Oct 052010

CR-V

The door lock actuators on our 2007 CR-V started to malfunction a few years ago. They automatically lock and unlock while driving and the rear drivers side door will not lock at all. This is a serious safety concern. We also have lost items to criminals that have on multiple occasions gotten into the car through the un-lockable door. We got some of these actuators fixed before our extended warranty expired - but since then, they have failed once again and now we beyond the 100,000 mile warranty period. We see online that this is common problem that Honda has been ignoring and now have no recourse but to complain to you fine government people to make them take care of their responsibility to provide us a safe vehicle that we can lock. All we want is for Honda to fix the problem on our car with door actuators that do not leave us vulnerable to criminals. Please make it so that we can lock the doors on our car.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 132013

CR-V

Dear NHTSA, I own 2007 CRV ex-L. I'm experiencing a peculiar problem in my CRV sometimes the door gets locked automatically or when we try to open it through remote keys, door gets locks immediately with in a second. One time my kid was inside and accidentally I closed the door and it got locked. I was really scared but luckily after few tries, it got opened. I don't want to think about it, if this happens in a crucial time when we want to open the door and all are inside the car.when I said this to my friend who owns 2008 CRV, he said that he is also having the same problem and he referred another friend who has the same problem. So I think we need to investigate this issue to avoid any terrible situation in future. If needed I can share two of my friends information right now. When I searched internet, I found lot of people has the same problem particularly with 2007 to 2011 all Honda models.

- Plano, TX, USA

Sep 102014

CR-V 4-cyl

The driver side power locks are locking all doors automatically and immediately after I unlock it via the key fob or the unlock/lock switch inside the vehicle. It can not be unlocked manually because it is very resistant to moving. I have been told this is an actuator failure and is common in 2007 Honda CRV.

- Euless, TX, USA

Jul 152013

CR-V 4-cyl

Initially, over a year ago, the power door lock actuator would make a high pitched humming/whining noise when activated, but the door locks still worked properly back then. In the last two months, the door locks sound as if they are locking and unlocking repeatedly and continuously on their own without any human intervention as I drive the vehicle. The locking/unlocking noise seems to be related to the acceleration and deceleration of the vehicle. This is a safety issue as the door locks will not remain locked as I drive the vehicle. My internet search reveals that this is a common problem with Honda CRV's from 2007 to 2011. This safety problem should be the subject of a recall. Honda knows of the problem as there is at least one lawsuit seeking class certification in the United States district court for the district of New Jersey, but Honda will not fix the problem. See www.chimicles.com/Honda-and-Acura-door-lock-actuator-failure. a similar power door lock actuator problem on earlier years Honda crvs was widespread also according to information that I read on the internet.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 242014

CR-V 4-cyl

Rear door locking mechanism failure due to defect the door will not remain locked, this is a child safety issue as the child lock has failed as well. The door can not be locked, this seems to be a common issue on this model.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Sep 102013

CR-V 4-cyl

Right rear door, actuator switch making a horrible noise. Sometimes the door will not lock at all. I have read of literally hundreds of other Honda CRV's that do the same thing and Honda should stand behind this defect instead of ignoring it. They should live up to their reputation!

- Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA

Feb 042014

CR-V 4-cyl

Left rear door lock was repeatedly engaging/disengaging for several months prior, then unable to lock door at all. Repair garage replaced lock actuator and cable for charge of $253.57. Currently the right front door lock intermittently fails to remain in locked position both while parked and in motion. Current mileage is 90552.

- Cottonwood, AZ, USA

Apr 012014

CR-V

Rear driver door comes unlocked when driving or when parked. Will not stay locked.

- Columbia, MO, USA

Aug 202014

CR-V

Rear right door locks itself approximately 1/2 second after unlocking, whether via electric switch or by manually pushing the unlock lever. I consider this a safety issue, as egress is only possible by a precisely-timed, two-step process: Unlock the door and rapidly actuate the door handle. The component does not fail-safe; it fails into an unsafe mode.

- Clackamas, OR, USA

Jul 142014

CR-V

My 2007 Honda CR-V, passenger door locks itself immediately after unlock by the main lock/unlock switch, key fob or the manual tab in the door. We have to be very precise in unlocking and pulling the door at the same time. Even a second delay could bring the boor back in to unlock position. This can be very dangerous in case of fire or accident as the passenger can not unlock and escape from the vehicle. Please look in to it. Thanks

- Holland , MI, USA

Aug 012012

CR-V

The doors will not stay lock while moving; time of parking the driver door will not stay locked.

- Wise, VA, USA

Jul 312014

CR-V 4-cyl

The doorlocks are having a number of problems. The doors began unlocking themselves shortly after locking them. The front passenger door won't stay locked, the right rear door is frozen in the locked position and the door is unusable, the driver rear door stays in the unlocked position, and the rear hatch won't unlock; therefore, it won't open. At this point, two of my doors won't open and the locks continuously try locking over and over as I drive under approximately 10mph. As I search the internet I see multiple people with the same problems, but my fear is my family getting trapped in this car if the locks seize and won't allow passengers to egress the vehicle. I hope it doesn't take an unfortunate event for someone to step up and take notice that there is a problem.

- Daphne, AL, USA

Jul 272014

CR-V

The automatic door locks - right passengers side lock unlocks. Will not re-lock.

- Burlington, NC, USA

May 012014

CR-V 4-cyl

Drivers and passenger side doors will automatically relock everytime you unlock the doors. It started with the drivers side door, then a few weeks later, the passenger door. To unlock doors you have to physically hit unlock button, then you have half a second to get door open before it locks again on its own. The whole car be unlocked but you can't get into the front doors. I feel this is a safety issue, because if I were in an accident or had some kind of emergency, the front doors wouldn't unlock or open long enough to get out. My kids have a problem getting out, so I won't let them sit in front seat anymore. Hoping that the back doors don't start acting up. Doing research on this, I see that Honda has had class action law suits filed about this same problem, and many complaints about the same issue. On one site it says they had a recall on this in late 2012, but I haven't seen any thing else about a recall.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Mar 112014

CR-V

The passenger side door locks won't stay locked. They keep unlocking themselves.

- New Orleans, LA, USA