CarComplaints.com Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2007 Honda CR-V body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 242016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the rear driver side door locks functioned independently. In addition, the rear passenger door and trunk did not unlock. Prior to the failure, the vehicle made abnormal noises. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the actuators in the trunk, rear driver, and rear passenger side doors were defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. Prior to the failure, the vehicle was taken to the dealer where they replaced the rear passenger side door actuator. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The failure mileage was approximately 171,000.

- Secaucus, NJ, USA

Sep 012015

CR-V

Door lock actuators for rear doors are defective. Unable to lock rear doors.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Nov 232015

CR-V

If the car battery is dead, the rear lift gate cannot be opened from the outside nor the inside without tools (I just found out that there is an unlabeled cover inside the lift gate that hides the inside emergency manual release; but it cannot be removed without a tool). This means that the spare tire and tire changing tools are going to be unreachable. Moreover, if the side doors are damaged in any way so that the rear lift gate is the only reasonable way to exit the vehicle, it cannot be used. I contacted the Honda customer service number (800.999.1009) and they were unable to provide an answer inasmuch as the owner's manual was their only resource. They refused to provide any other resource or escalate my concern.

- Shaker Heights, OH, USA

Feb 132013

CR-V

Dear NHTSA, I own 2007 CRV ex-L. I'm experiencing a peculiar problem in my CRV sometimes the door gets locked automatically or when we try to open it through remote keys, door gets locks immediately with in a second. One time my kid was inside and accidentally I closed the door and it got locked. I was really scared but luckily after few tries, it got opened. I don't want to think about it, if this happens in a crucial time when we want to open the door and all are inside the car.when I said this to my friend who owns 2008 CRV, he said that he is also having the same problem and he referred another friend who has the same problem. So I think we need to investigate this issue to avoid any terrible situation in future. If needed I can share two of my friends information right now. When I searched internet, I found lot of people has the same problem particularly with 2007 to 2011 all Honda models.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jan 012014

CR-V

Front passenger door kept locking on its own automatically and immediately every time I unlocked it. After a few months, rear right passenger door makes loud sound every time I lock the doors, scared a kid in the vehicle as it happened unexpectedly. Dealers didn't mention anything about safety issues, replaced the first one for $250 plus labor charge and have asked me to get the car for servicing again to see if the second one needs to be changed as well. I have had regular maintenance since buying the car. I looked up online and found out about multiple cases with actuator problems with CRV models but Honda not taking responsibility to replace or recall to fix defective actuators despite being aware of the defects. Class action suits have been filed by people as it is causing safety issues but Honda still not taking responsibility, not sure what you can do to make them take responsibility.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Aug 202014

CR-V

Rear right door locks itself approximately 1/2 second after unlocking, whether via electric switch or by manually pushing the unlock lever. I consider this a safety issue, as egress is only possible by a precisely-timed, two-step process: Unlock the door and rapidly actuate the door handle. The component does not fail-safe; it fails into an unsafe mode.

- Clackamas, OR, USA

Jul 142014

CR-V

My 2007 Honda CR-V, passenger door locks itself immediately after unlock by the main lock/unlock switch, key fob or the manual tab in the door. We have to be very precise in unlocking and pulling the door at the same time. Even a second delay could bring the boor back in to unlock position. This can be very dangerous in case of fire or accident as the passenger can not unlock and escape from the vehicle. Please look in to it. Thanks

- Holland , MI, USA

Apr 212014

CR-V 4-cyl

The first sign of a door locking problem started with my rear hatch not opening. As a senior female I had to struggle to get 10 40lb bags of smelly wet fertilizer over the passenger seats and out a passenger door. The next day I found the rear passenger door does not lock and the locks keep clicking as you drive. Two Honda dealers we called offer nothing but an expensive repair. My research on the internet tells me after drivers pay Honda many hundreds of dollars for this repair the problem returns on another door or the actuator they replace fails again.this is a safety hazard for both a passenger falling out or a criminal getting in and attacking someone or stealing the car and or its contents. Why is nothing being done when so many people are at risk.this is not a potential problem, it is an existing problem for CRV, civic and Accord drivers.

- White, Not Of Hispanic Origin, NJ, USA

Mar 192014

CR-V 4-cyl

The car was in bumper to bumper traffic, driver had foot on brake pedal. The car began to accelerate and would not stop even with foot on brake pedal. Vehicle struck two cars and ended up smashing into the rear of a stopped 18 wheeler.

- Belleville, NJ, USA

Nov 272013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the door locks would independently become unlocked. The failure started on the rear passenger's side door and progressed until all doors in the vehicle were affected. The vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed to determine the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was not contacted. The approximate failure mileage was 111,000.

- Clovis , CA, USA

Nov 272013

CR-V

We have a 2007 Honda CRV and have been having issues with our locks. They will click numerous times when they are not supposed to...everytime a stop is made while driving the car they reclick. It can be a stop sign, stop light, or just a brief stop and we will hear a clicking sound like they are relocking. We have often noticed that when someone tries to enter the driver door or front passenger door the unlock mechanism on the key or driver door has to be hit at the exact same time for a person to be able to open the door. Although it is very frustrating to hear these clicks over and over and to have to deal with trying to get into the car like this, there is an even bigger issue of safety. The rear passenger door (behind the driver's seat) will unlock itself after the car is in motion. You can hear the rear door click to unlock and it will show orange. What is even more alarming is that the rear door can be opened while the car is in motion even after the doors have been manually locked by the driver pushing the lock button! this is a serious safety hazard as my children ages 7 and 9 ride in the backseat of our CRV.

- Calera, AL, USA

Oct 162011

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CRV. The contact stated that the front passenger's side door lock failed and would not open manually or with the key fob. The vehicle was taken to a certified mechanic, who stated that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were on back order. The failure mileage was 64,000 and the current mileage was 93,000.

- Onalaska, WI, USA

Jul 242013

CR-V

Door actuator unlock after locking it.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Jul 222012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the front driver and passenger side doors failed to release whenever being accessed with the key fob or manually. The manufacturer was contacted and made aware of the problem. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000.

- Mcdnough, GA, USA

Jun 122013

CR-V 4-cyl

The front 2 doors lock and unlock at random times. The front passenger door would not allow my daughter to get out of car or allow me to open manually from the outside. The is a very big safety hazard. Honda dealership wants $400 per door to fix. I guess they are waiting until someone dies from this to recall.

- Satellite Beach , FL, USA

Mar 182013

CR-V

I own a 2007 Honda CRV whose front driver and passenger and rear passenger doors lock and unlock constantly as I drive. When I turn off the vehicle I cannot lock my front passenger door so that lock remains unlocked at all times. In addition, there have been occurrences where I park and turn off my car but I cannot unlock my front driver door so I need to slide across to the passenger side in order to exit my car. These issues have been both dangerous and annoying. The cost to repair each door is out of my reach so I have had to endure.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jun 132013

CR-V 4-cyl

Drivers door key wont open door.

- Broomall, PA, USA

Mar 202013

CR-V 4-cyl

Driver's side rear door lock moves itself into unlock position either immediately after locking, or within a few minutes of driving. The actuator will lock, but there is clearly a spring force that gradually unlocks the door during driving, or even when stationary in a parking lot. I first noticed the problem as the doors would continually try to lock in stop and go traffic. Eventually, I found which door, when I opened it from the outside when all others were locked. It doesn't matter if the child safety switch is engaged or not. The door will still unlock itself.

- Mira Loma, CA, USA

Feb 152013

CR-V 4-cyl

Door locks began to lock and unlock by themselves repeatedly as I drove, unlocking @ around 9 mph no matter how many times I relocked. If I relocked them they would open at an intersection stop (very unsafe also!), or just open & close while I was driving - all kinds of noisy door-locking & unlocking. I was unable to keep the rear door locked at all when I stopped the car, leaving it unlocked at night or if I left the care to go somewhere. I was on a trip with luggage, computer, gps, etc. In the car and it was unlocked! when I got back home to Rhode Island and brought it to the dealership they found the lock actuators on the front & rear passenger doors needed to be replaced at a cost of $524. They stated they didn't know what happened but it was not cause by anything I did, which made me even more uncomfortable because then it might happen again! I felt I had to pay to have the service completed because I felt so unsafe with an unlocked auto, both on the road when driving and also overnight or when parked. I have just submitted this information, service invoice, and a copy of my proof of payment to Honda in torrance, ca, only because I saw a similar complaint on wpri-tv in providence - which made me realize I was not at all alone with this issue.

- Providence, RI, USA

Jan 252013

CR-V 4-cyl

The front passenger door lock automatically unlocks while the vehicle is moving and can't be relocked. Also, the other door locks click for no reason.

- Erie, PA, USA