Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2007 Honda CR-V engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jan 302016

Airconditioning system clutch or conpressor. Something went wrong. Then we find out there was a bulletin issued for this problem in 2012, we owned the vehicle then and never got any info about this. Why?

- Dry Run, PA, USA

Nov 102015

I came out of work and started my car. It smelled horrible, like an electrical fire. I brought it to my Honda dealership and they said it is the clutch mechanism. The A/C compressor failed and it is going to cost $1600 to fix. This was legitimately out of nowhere with no issue up until this point in time and it took me completely by surprise. Upon looking online, there are several reports of similar situations. A recall really should be done. This is an extremely expensive repair for owners to be burdened with.

- Westbrook, ME, USA

Sep 102014

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. while parking the vehicle, the gear system failed causing the key not to release from the ignition switch. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The vehicle was diagnosed however a failure code was not found. The vehicle was repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 140,000...updated 05/19/15

- 29 Palm, CA, USA

Apr 182014

CR-V 4-cyl

After pulling into a parking spot at the grocery store, I placed my foot on the brake to put the car in park. All of a sudden, the car lurched forward at a high speed almost hitting the car parked in front of me. I had to depress the brakes all the way to the floor to stop the car (and my brakes are fairly new)! almost scared me to death! I bought the car brand new and have never had this problem. The car gets serviced regularly by the dealer. After this incident I'm afraid to drive for fear it will happen again and next time someone could get hurt or worse.

- Lauderhill, FL, USA

May 152009

Honda CRV 2007 issue: Doors when locked by either remote or via car would lock all doors except the drivers. Honda did cover it the first time then a year later the issue happened again but this time was in the back passenger side. Also the front center door light (right side) fails to turn on when you open the doors, it will however turn on when you press the button. Even got a new bulb but issue remained. I use to think Honda was a great car do basic maintenance and you should be set. This is not the case. There are two recalls on this car and Honda has not even notified me of even one of those and when I called the dealer and asked about the power steering pump they didn't mention the recall but stated it would cost $600. Tsb number & issue date tsb title 11-050 Oct 11 recall - ECM/tcm updates to prevent A/T damage  tsb title 08-070 Sep 08 campaign - power steering pump seizure.

- Visalia, CA, USA