CarComplaints.com Notes: Honda redesigned the CR-V for the 2007 model year to kick off the 3rd-generation of the popular SUV. Unfortunately that redesign came with malfunctioning door locksand shoddy tires that wear out fast.

2007 Honda CR-V steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda CR-V:

2007 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 202016

CR-V

I bougho my CRV in December 2013 and service the car regularly every 3-4 months. The power steering fluid is leaking and the steering wheel tightens each turn and makes the car unsafe to drive. The dealership where I service the car told me the earliest they can look at it is in 5 days and to just keep putting power steering fluid. The inside front light does not work when opening the door, you need to push it. The key does not unlock the doors properly and the theft alarm triggers on for no reason at all. Since this is my only vehicle, I'm frustrated with the problems and it is becoming expensive to repair especially when I service it regularly. You would think the dealership would tell me of these problems.

- Hauula, HI, USA

Sep 252014

CR-V

Since 2014 Sep. The power steering very noising from engine room when make a turn. Don't know when the steering wheel will broken, and unsafe. Rear passenger power widower window not working and driver side read doorlock not working.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 042016

CR-V

I have four issues. First, my power steering assembly needs to be replaced. It is leaking and will cause more problems. I see on many sites where this issue is very prevalent in 2007 CR-V's. second, the interior lighting does not work correctly. Only the back inside lights come on when the doors open; the front drivers inside light only comes on when pushed; the front passengers inside light does not work at all. Third, the back passenger side door will not lock. I am not able to lock it manually or remotely. It locks and pops right back open. I see many complaints online with the locks on 2007 CR-V's. fourth, the TPMS light stays on.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jan 042016

CR-V

Power steering horse crack and leakage all power steering fluid make the car cannot turning (out of control) and getting accident. Hope Honda will recall it because I see alot complain about this. My friends have Chevrolet, Toyota, Kia, and Mercedes notthing problems. I bought this CR-V 07 brand new just 107000 miles and getting accident. I use the car on a city street Honda please recall this. I have some pictures about this horse.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 062015

CR-V

I heard whinning sound in my 2007 Honda CRV ( 2wd, 5 door) and I visited Honda dealership. They advised me to change steering pressure hose due to leakage and it will cost me approx $400. I visited another bodyshop for second opinion, he advised me that not only steering hose we need to replace steering rack & pinion assembly as well due to leakage. It will cost more than $2000 to fix this. I noticed similar issues online for lot of other owners for same model/year. I am not sure if this is quality issue of this model/year. Paying this amount is too much.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 062014

CR-V

About a year ago, I heard whining noises when driving the car. I sent it to a garage and found a steering hose leak, costing $350 to replace the hose, but didn't resolve the whining noise issue. Recently, I sent it to Honda dealer and was told that steering rack and pinion as well as steering pump need to be replaced due to the leak. The estimate to repair is $1900, too expensive for me. It seems it is a quality issue since I saw a lot of similar steering complains for this model and year.

- San Dimas, CA, USA

Feb 062015

CR-V 4-cyl

Noticed a whining sound while driving commonly associated with power steering control pump problems. Also noticed fluid leak spots on my garage floor when problem first started. We took the car in to the local Honda dealer to have it checked out & was told that the power steering hose was corroded as well as the "transmission" hose had rusted. We found it very unusual that a power steering hose would corrode given the fact that we bought the Honda new and it had been recently serviced and inspected at the cost of over $500 last year. The Honda dealer found leaking power steering pressure hose and also replaced the cooler line which was too rusted. The cost for this repair was $762.46!! we don't know if Honda used inferior quality hoses but it sure seems like it because I never had to replace my power steering hose for my 1994 Toyota pickup truck & have never had a problem remotely related to "corrosion" or "rusting" according to the Honda technician's service report. We were one of those customers that have a problem with the rear door actuator which will be repaired under a recent recall notice we received last week. This would have cost us $250 to have the actuator problem fixed if we hadn't been notified!!

- Kapaa, HI, USA

May 092014

CR-V 4-cyl

2007 Honda CR-V making whining noise during turns. Topped off power steering fluid which fixed the problem for a few months. Eventually took car in to local dealership. Local Honda dealership indicates that I need new power steering hose and rack and pinion system. Without replacing both, the problem will only get worse. I see a number of other similar issues reported regarding steering issues with the 2007 Honda CR-V.

- Apollo Beach, FL, USA

Dec 212013

CR-V

Took car to Honda in merriville Indiana for maintenance, was told the steering rack needed to be replaced and that it was leaking so badly it was gushing out. I didn't notice anything wrong with the steering, while I was driving the car, that would have made me ask Honda to take a look at it.

- Saint John, IN, USA

Oct 132013

CR-V 4-cyl

I heard lot of noise from my car 2007 Honda CR-V engine, when I took the car to Honda store they told power steering rack needs to be replaced. Saw online lot of people having similar type of issue.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 012008

CR-V 4-cyl

Bought vehicle new in 2007 with 18,000. After several months began to realize there was a definite pull to the right. Went to a local dealer for maintenance over the past five years and mentioned this pull. Each time I was told they did not identify any pull. During a final visit regarding this problem, they said they were able to identify a pull and they suggested an alignment. I replaced my tires and this helped some what, but the pull still exists. After checking various sites, I've come to realize pulling to the right is a common issue in Honda CR-V's.

- Mt. Laurel, NJ, USA

Jul 082013

CR-V

Bought vehicle used in 2008 with 18,000 miles. After several weeks began to realize there was a definite pull to the right. Went to a local dealer for maintenance over the past five years and mentioned this pull. Each time I was told they did not identify any pull. When I took my car in this week they said they were able to identify a pull and they suggested an alignment and many other maintenance tasks totaling $3,700. I replaced my tires and this helped some what, but the pull still exists. After checking various sites, I've come to realize pulling to the right is a common issue in Honda Cr-vs.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 152009

CR-V

Honda CRV 2007 issue: Doors when locked by either remote or via car would lock all doors except the drivers. Honda did cover it the first time then a year later the issue happened again but this time was in the back passenger side. Also the front center door light (right side) fails to turn on when you open the doors, it will however turn on when you press the button. Even got a new bulb but issue remained. I use to think Honda was a great car do basic maintenance and you should be set. This is not the case. There are two recalls on this car and Honda has not even notified me of even one of those and when I called the dealer and asked about the power steering pump they didn't mention the recall but stated it would cost $600. Tsb number & issue date tsb title 11-050 Oct 11 recall - ECM/tcm updates to prevent A/T damage  tsb title 08-070 Sep 08 campaign - power steering pump seizure.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Sep 252012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the front of the vehicle vibrated whenever the vehicle reaches over 40 mph. The contact had the tires rotated and balanced, but it failed to remedy the failure. The contact was told there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. The failure mileage was 96,000 and the current mileage was 97,000.

- Jackson, TN, USA

Aug 182010

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the vehicle would pull strongly to the right when driving. The vehicle had several front end alignments. The contact was told there was a repair kit available for the failure, but the manufacturer was not providing any assistance to the contact. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 95,000.

- Butternut, WI, USA

Sep 132010

CR-V 4-cyl

Vehicle makes a grinding noise when making hard left or right turns at slow speeds.

- Glen Cove, NY, USA

Jun 012008

CR-V

My Honda CRV (2007) makes horrible noise and vibrates on extreme left or right turns.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Jan 012009

CR-V

My 2007 Honda CRV first year of the new model has had problems from day one. The dealership says there is nothing wrong. When you turn the car to right or left the car makes a horrible grinding noise and vibrates, it has been happening since I bought the car. Almost like the steering will give out if you turn too far.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Sep 222009

CR-V

My 2007 Honda CRV has had a problem since I bought it new in 2007. The car pulls to the right. So bad that at highway speeds it causes the car to cross to the right lane in less than 4 seconds. I have brought it to the Honda dealer 3 times and they claim it is an alignment problem (3 alignments have been done on the car and problem still exists) or simply say they cannot replicate it or don't see a problem. I have to constantly hold the steering wheel towards the left to keep the vehicle from crossing to the right lane. Honda will not acknowledge this problem despite many people reporting this issue.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Sep 112007

CR-V

The contact owns a 2007 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the vehicle pulls to the right and makes a loud grinding noise when driving in reverse. He took the vehicle to the dealer three times for the failure and they changed the brake oil differential and suggested that the oil be changed every three to four thousand miles. This corrected the failure temporarily, but the grinding noise recurred a week later and the vehicle began pulling to the left again. A report was filed with the manufacturer and they stated that a representative will inspect the vehicle. The vehicle has not yet been inspected. The failure mileage was 21,804 and current mileage was 92,000.

- New High Park , NY, USA