2.1

2008 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 4 of 9)

Feb 122014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the door locks failed to function. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined that the door actuator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 54,000.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Feb 132013

CR-V 4-cyl

Doors lock and unlock without prompting. Doors also make awful noise when they lock and unlock whenever they want. The key also does not work to unlock the door any longer. I had to always leave a window down because you could be locked out even with the keys in your hand. I had this fixed back in April 2013 at my own expense since it is not under recall and now it is happening again. Major safety issue: You can be unable to get out of the car in case of an emergency. Also, with the doors locking and unlocking it creates a major safety hazard for children riding in the car.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Dec 192013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the front driver's side door unlocked independently. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000. Updated 03/12/14 the vehicle was fixed. The dealer paid for the part, and the consumer paid for the labor. Updated 03/20/14

- Benicia, CA, USA

Sep 042012

CR-V

Rear passanger door lock actuator failed at 45K front passanger door lock actuator failed at 68K.

- Oakland, FL, USA

Dec 222013

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

Front passenger door will not unlock. Problem is related to the door actuator. Car fob or internal door controls will not unlock front passenger door. Concern is that a passenger in front passenger seat will not be able to quickly exit the car if required in an emergency without climbing across to another door. Issue occurs at all speeds or when car is in the park position.

- Hudson, NH, USA

Dec 082013

CR-V 4-cyl

Passage door lock automatically unlock no matter at stop or driving. Paid money to fix and now the driver side door lock bad.

- Bh, NJ, USA

Mar 092013

CR-V

My rear driver's side door lock would not lock. I took my CR-V into the dealer and they said my actuator needed to be replaced. I had just bought the car, used, 3 months previously. I've read online that several people have had the same problem! this needs to be recalled! recently (11/27/13) my doors are now starting to unlock and lock on their own as well! I read that this might be due to other actuatiors needing to be replaced! I've always had a Honda but if this problem isn't resolved I will never again own a Honda!!! recall now!!!

- Germantown, MD, USA

Nov 262012

CR-V 4-cyl

The automatic door locks do not function properly. They lock and unlock several times while I am driving the vehicle. When I park, I am unable to lock my car securely. I also have difficulty unlocking the doors at times. This is very unsafe in my neighborhood.

- Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, USA

Nov 012013

CR-V

Passenger front door does not stay lock even at high speeds.

- Edgewater, CO, USA

Dec 012012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the door locks erroneously engaged and disengaged intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was found that the door actuators needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 87,000.

- Cooper City, FL, USA

Nov 012013

CR-V

I can no longer lock the passenger side door. It automatically unlocks on its own.

- Oakland, NJ, USA

Nov 022013

CR-V

Pre-mature door lock actuator failure. Actuator fails causing the door locks to not unlock electronically as a result of failed electronic door lock actuators.

- Kingsport, TN, USA

Oct 132013

CR-V

It started with the front passenger door lock. It makes a weird noise and will not lock or unlock correctly. Sometimes locks and unlocks on it's own. Now at least 3 of the 4 doors are doing the same thing.

- Loveland, CO, USA

Jul 082013

CR-V 4-cyl

The passenger side door lock starting locking and unlocking erratically. It has steadily become worse and now will not lock unless you click the door locker over and over and sometimes will not lock at all. The dealership tells me that I have a problem every time I take the car in to have it serviced along with an amount of $230 to fix it. I have read hundreds of complaints on the internet about people having the same problem with this year model and many, many other year models. Clearly this is a problem!! I hope that Honda will step up and recall this before someone gets hurt although I did read about children being locked in the car after being buckled in and the parent went to get in the car and couldn't. I also found a class action suit that has been filed against them. It is time for Honda to make a recall!!

- Brandon, MS, USA

Oct 122013

CR-V 4-cyl

The door lock on the passenger side dose the opposite of your action. If you lock your car it unlocks and visa versa so the one door doesn't lock.

- Aurora, CO, USA

May 082013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the rear passenger's side door would not lock and all the remaining doors would unlock independently without warning. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 90,000.

- Pleasanton , CA, USA

Oct 152013

CR-V 4-cyl

For a while, the door lock system locks and unlock continuously while driving. I have taken the car to the dealership but was told nothing is wrong. This morning, the car cannot be unlocked with the key or the remote. When I push the lock or unlock button, a grinding noise can be heard coming from the driver door.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Oct 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

The front passenger side door locks itself immediately when trying to unlock. A passenger would be unable to exit the vehicle unless they exit the driver side or one of the rear doors. I notice this problem when the vehicle is stopped at 0 mph and in the park position.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Sep 272013

CR-V 4-cyl

The first incident involved the back gate which would not unlock with the key fob. I tried locking/unlocking from the driver's interior door controls and also with the key fob. Attempts were made with the car running, ignition turned to accessory, and also with the car turned off. Nothing corrected the problem. This persisted into the next day when it started working without any particular intervention beyond my previous attempts. The problem reappeared a few days later, only now it is the front passenger door. I lock the car with the key fob, but the passenger door remains unlocked. The same is true when attempting to lock using the switch on the driver's door. Like others who have posted on this site, this car also attempts to lock/unlock at unexpected times well above the usual speed where the automatic lock normally operates. This is a safety and security risk. My young passengers are at risk if the locks disengage. My property is not secure if the locks are not reliable. My personal safety is at risk if my alarm system fails to secure all doors. It is unsettling to consider the consequence of being unexpectedly trapped inside the car. It is equally troublesome to drive the car not knowing if my children and I may become locked out in the dark, in a parking deck, or in a remote location during travel. Repairing each lock as it fails is a risky gamble, but I cannot afford to replace actuators (approx $250 X 5 doors) on every door as a preemptive repair, either.

- Gardendale, AL, USA

Oct 012013

CR-V

The passenger door locks as soon as it is unlocked. It will not stay unlocked at all.

- Magnolia, MS, USA