2008 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 8)

Jan 232016

The contact owned a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving at approximately 35 mph, the vehicle in front made a sudden stop causing the contact to crash into the rear of the vehicle in front. The air bags failed to deploy and the computer system failed. The vehicle was deemed destroyed. The contact injuries were not yet determined however, medical attention was required. A police report was not filed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 315,000.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Oct 072015

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while attempting to utilize the windows of the vehicle, the windows failed to open, with the exception of the driver's window. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Braintree, MA, USA

Aug 152015

I own a 2008 Honda CR-V. while the vehicle was stationary in my driveway and I attempted to lock all the doors. However, the left side rear door behind the driver's side did not lock. I think this will be a safety issue especially if I have young children as my passengers. Also, knowing that my car was locked already but not, there will be a potential danger of bad guys coming inside either to take valuable items or damage my car. I am planning to bring my car to the dealership to fix this problem but wondering if the charges would be covered by any service bulletins to give extended warranty. Please help to fix this problem as soon as possible. The approximate failure mileage was 88,408.

- Merced, CA, USA

Aug 142015

CR-V 4-cyl

There was a loud banging sound and the air conditioner, which was on and working great, stopped blowing cold air. I researched the problem and found that this has been very common on Honda Cr-vs. From my experience and the four different failure modes that have been identified, it sounds like the ac compressor exploded or imploded and could have left shards of metal on the highway I was driving on. Two other failure modes of this problem include the clutch axle shaft shearing and the clutch itself melting. Here are the ridiculously high number of complaints that I've found within 15 minutes of researching: 1."V=fldx1wvjqsc 2. 3."V=asy6stixtq4& 4. 5. 6. 7.,

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 012015

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. while the vehicle was stationary and attempting to unlock the doors, the doors immediately re-locked. The contact did not take the vehicle to an independent dealer or mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 112,000....updated 11/13/15 the consumer stated the dealer resolved the issue with the locks. Updated 11/18/15.

- Fairview , NC, USA

Mar 282015

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

I was traveling at low speed in a parking lot when I noticed that the engine had suddenly turned itself off. At that moment I noticed that the metal part of the ignition key had separated from the plastic key fob, and the plastic part, with the rest of my keys attached, had dropped to the floor of the car. After investigation, I saw that the small screw that holds the plastic and metal parts together had pulled through the thin slip of plastic to which it was attached. The engine apparently turns off if the key fob is not in close proximity to the ignition. This mechanism presumably has anti-theft functions, while also preventing anyone but Honda from selling replicate keys. In this case it had the wholly undesired effect of shutting off the engine of a car in motion. In order to re-start the car, the parts had to be precariously jammed back together, and I was forced to drive home with the fear that they would again re-separate and cause the engine to turn off. Under normal circumstances, it is impossible to take the key out of the ignition when the car is in gear, but under this apparently unanticipated failure mode, if the key fob experiences a sudden structural failure, the engine does turn itself off. This situation represents a safety hazard because of the risk that the car will abruptly lose both engine power and power steering. I was in a parking lot when this happened, but if I had been traveling at highway speed, or in traffic, the situation could have been very dangerous. It seems reasonable for the key fob to be required to start the engine, but once the engine is running, loss of the signal from the fob should not result in the engine turning off.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jun 012014

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

Door locks. When unlocking doors they lock right back.

- Springfield , TN, USA

Jun 012014

CR-V 4-cyl

All door locks will lock themselves after being unlocked and unlock after being locked. It doesn't matter if it is unlocked by the remote, the door key or the interior locks. The locks will also cycle when either proceeding from a stop or when you begin braking.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Sep 172014

CR-V 4-cyl

Rear passenger door lock does not operate correctly. It will stick in the locked or unlocked position. If it is unlocked, it will repeatedly try to unlock when driving about 10 mph.

- North East, PA, USA

Jun 012010

Ongoing problem from when I purchased the CR-V in 2010. Many times when shifting into reverse there is an loud, audible clunking as the gears grind. I've been parked next to other CR-V's and noticed the same noise as the CR-V is put into reverse. This must be a common problem. Also the doors were locking and unlocking on their own while I was driving, and I had to have the lock mechanisms on all 4 passenger doors replaced. Lastly there is an annoying whistling noise in the duct work for the heat and A/C. I have to keep the recycle button on to somewhat diminish it.

- Sedona, AZ, USA

Sep 192014

CR-V 4-cyl

Electronic door lock solenoid has a mind of its own, locks me in the car and also out of the car, and I have the key fab. Also makes a horrible noise.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Aug 212014

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

I first noticed the problem on 8/21/14. After starting the car and putting it in drive, the door locks activated a few seconds after the car started moving, as they normally do. About a minute later I had to come to a stop. When the car started moving, the rear door locks cycled again. This would happen every time the car would start to move again from a stop. I reached my destination and exited the car, locking the doors with the Honda remote. A second after the doors locked, I heard a faint click from the rear driver side door, as if someone had operated the lock button from the inside. I checked the door handle and the rear door opened. I checked the drivers door and it was still locked. I hit the door locks again with the key remote and checked to make sure it was physically locked. When I came out in the morning, I checked the door, and found it unlocked. I checked the drivers door and it was still locked. This started as a intermittent problem, but is now approaching almost a continuous event. I can't have passengers in the back seat because I can't be sure the doors will stay closed in case of an accident, and I fear that the car is now exposed to theft because it's easy to access regardless of the other doors, or the alarm. This is now affecting my safety and my security. Please have Honda fix this issue.

- Middleburg Heights, OH, USA

Aug 112014

First: All 4 door locks started to lock and unlock by it self soon after pressing the lock/open door button on car key. At one point when trying to open the car door by pressing lock/open, it would click open and lock just as quickly. It took a total of 5 minutes and was able to open car door while holding door handle and pulling as soon as it clicked. Second: The car accelerates when pressing brake, in order to avoid hitting the car in front the brake must be pressed at a distance of three cars. Both of these problems are very serious and a major safety concern. Honda does not have recall for this problem. NHTSA please issue a recall, don't wait for a serious accident that would take the life of a person/persons.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Mar 152014

First problem - March 2014 - left rear door start to lock and unlock by itself as driving. Replaced actuator. Second problem - August 2014 - passenger door start doing the same thing lock and unlock by itself. I manually try to lock, unlocks by itself. The rear door does the same thing along with the front door. Third problem - September 2014 - rear hatch will not unlock using the remote. Had to get key in the door lock and turn couple of times until finally opened. This issues are a major safety concern for my family. NHTSA please issue a recall - don't wait until a major injury or possibly a death occurs.

- Kennesaw, GA, USA

Oct 012014

Electrical problem.

- Blue Point, NY, USA

Oct 052014

My Honda 2008 CR-V's rear right door unlocks itself 1. after locking it thru the remote, 2. after locking it manually from the lock switch. 3. even after locking it thru the keys. It has a feature of automatically locking all doors from full stop to 9mph but this door will unlock itself in any way. I feel like my car is not secured and me and my passengers safety is being compromised.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Sep 242014

CR-V 4-cyl

Driver's door will not lock by any method or configuration. Cannot lock it manually from inside the car, or from the outside with the electronic key fob or physically with the key. When driving the car attempts to lock all the doors automatically after the car exceeds 15 kph - all the doors lock except for the driver's door which immediately moves back to the unlocked position. Cannot lock the driver's door manually or by pressing the lock button in the arm rest either while parked or while driving. This is a significant safety issue, as well as a security issue - car alarm cannot be set since the driver's door won't lock.

- Hampton, VA, USA

Sep 162014

Door locks going out making buzzing noise when engaged in reverse.Honda should repair free of charge, total cost to fix $850! ridiculous.

- St.Louis, MO, USA

Aug 252014

CR-V 4-cyl

When trying to unlock the door with the remote keyless entry, all doors unlock except the back passenger door. From looking at the internet, there looks to be other Honda CRV owners with the same problem.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Sep 122014

CR-V 4-cyl

The rear passenger door will not stay locked. It slowly unlocks and this poses a safety concern for children in the back as well as the fact that my vehicle cannot ever be locked.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA