9.8

2008 Honda CR-V exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Mar 112008

CR-V 4-cyl

After driving my new Honda CR-V for 4 weeks, 3 to 4 times a week I began to feel sick. I experienced severe headaches, nausea, burning sensation in my sinuses and throat, over-all weakness. This continued for 5 weeks until I was so sick that I stayed home in bed for 3 days in mid March. Then when I drove the car again after returning to work I again got very sick and it was at that point that I suspected that the car was somehow the cause. I saw my gp doctor, explained my symptoms and he confirmed that the chemical emissions coming from the new materials and adhesives in the interior of the car could be the cause. As long as I do not drive the car more than once a week and do so with all of the windows open I do not get sick. I have read reports that indicate that it will take 6-8 months before the harmful chemical levels drop to acceptable levels. Also, the reports say that if the car is parked in the sun, the heat intensifies the toxic chemical levels and that this can last up to 3 years. Because this has made me so very sick I felt that I should report it.

- San Francisco, CA, USA