2008 Honda CR-V steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Sep 162009

2008 Honda CR-V continues to pull to the right. I had to replace my tires twice each time around 20K miles - the tires were worn unevenly even though I had them rotated 3 times in the past year. Brought into mile high Honda in denver to check alignment, each time they claim nothing is wrong and it is normal to have to replace tires every 20K miles. I also complained that the steering wheel is not straight when driving. I first reported this issue when the car had 9K miles on it.. it has been a year and 1/2 and issue remains. This is a very dangerous defect that for some reason they can not figure out how to fix. The car does not drive straight. Period. I guess they are waiting for someone to get seriously hurt or die before they will admit there is a problem.

- Parker, CO, USA

Feb 012008

My 2008 CRV veers to the right. I have to keep fighting the wheel to keep the car straight. Took to dealership twice and did not solve problem.

- Universal City, TX, USA

Sep 022008

I bought my 2008 Honda CRV on Aug 29 and within 2 days I realized that car pulls to its right which is very dangerous. On my first attempt of describing this problem to the Honda service department they told me that there is no problem and asked me to drive for atleast 3-4K miles. It is very risky on road as car pulls to right. When I insisted again and again same day, they asked me to leave the car and correct the problem. After 2 days they returned the car but it still pulls to the right. This pull is really scary at high speeds on freeways. I have left my car at dealer service for second time (pull to the right) within first 7 days.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Mar 212008

CR-V 4-cyl

2008 Honda CRV LX - steering wheel pulls to the right. I have to fight the steering wheel to keep it in the lane. It is extremely dangerous. It gets out of control and when correcting the wheel, it over-corrects itself and has almost caused a crash. I took it back to the dealers service department. They did an alignment and adjusted the tire pressure. It did not make a difference in the unsafe steering problem. After searching on the internet, I believe this is a serious problem for numerous CRV owners.

- St. Augustine, FL, USA

Mar 152008

Honda CR-V 2008. Five days from date of purchase (new), found that the car pulls to the right. Addressed issue at the dealership. They drove vehicle and said there was nothing wrong with car. Car continues to pull to the right - sever.

- Dowmingtown, PA, USA