4.4

2008 Honda CR-V suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Dec 052015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that there were several failures that the dealer was notified of for months, but was unable to provide a permanent repair solution. The dealer completed a recall repair for the door actuator and, shortly after the repair, the alarm randomly sounded and locked the contact inside the vehicle. The dealer replaced the door actuator a second, time but the contact was uncertain if the part was actually replaced. The suspension was also unstable and caused the vehicle to wobble. In addition, the brake pedal felt spongy and was difficult to engage. The vehicle was taken to more than two dealers for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Nov 032014

CR-V

I bought my 2008 CRV used in 2010 and soon after put on 4 new tires. Now it is 2014 and I put on another new set of tires. I wondered why I needed tires so soon, well now I know. I bought 4 new tires and when they tried to do the alignment they told me I needed to buy a camber kit and showed me the picture of the alignment after. They were unable to align the right rear passenger wheel without this added kit. I can't afford this.

- Oak Park, MI, USA

Mar 262014

CR-V 4-cyl

The 2008 CRV pulls to the right when over 40 mph. There were 2 wheel alignments done recently, and the dealer says there is nothing wrong with the car. When you drive the car and let go of the steering wheel it pulls to the right. It takes constant pressure on the steering wheel to keep the car driving in a straight line. In my opinion this is a safety issue. The dealer says there is nothing wrong. I disagree and will not buy another Honda CRV. This is a safety issue.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Mar 132012

CR-V 4-cyl

At 16800 miles - vehicle makes squealing noise turning right or left. Dealer found backing plate scraping and wheel nut missing. Bent backing plate so it would not scrape and replaced wheel nut. Alignment issues continue right front wheel gets hot after short drive and has burning smell - mileage now 25000. This type of problem is reported 1000's of times by owners of Honda crvs. When will Honda issue a recall for this?

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 312011

CR-V 4-cyl

The vehicle drifts to the right. This drift has nothing to do with the crown of the road. It drifts to the right on perfectly flat roads. I thought the wheels needed to be aligned, but after the first wheel alignment (at the Honda dealer in tallahassee) the problem persisted and continued to persist after several more attempts to align the wheels. The dealership consulted with the manufacturer in California and subsequently the right front strut was replaced. That did not solve the problem. The dealership said that both it and the manufacturer were aware of the problem and that it could not be fixed. The dealer called it "memory steer" and said it was a known problem with the 2008 CR-V. they also mentioned that it might have something to do with being unable to adjust the camber on this vehicle. I've noted numerous similar complaints on the internet. I took the vehicle to the dealer approximately seven times over the course of a couple of months and the problem was not fixed. The vehicle still drifts to the right. It needs to be fixed. (the vehicle mileage is the mileage at the time I purchased this pre-owned vehicle. I purchased it in des moines, Iowa and now live in tallahassee, fl.).

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Mar 032008

CR-V 4-cyl

Purchased 2008 CRV brand new, it came with Bridgestone tires. A few months after purchase, I noticed vehicle pulls to right. After rotation, vehicle pulls to left. They also wore out rapidly 20K; needed to be replaced. I contacted Honda dealer. After they conducted alignment check they said you need to contact Firestone/Bridgestone for tire warranty because of radial pull. Firestone agreed to replace all 4 tires. I just did my first rotation after new set of tires and now vehicle pulls to left. I must put some muscle work on steering wheel to keep vehicle straight. I will be going back to Honda to follow-up. There is an issue with the either the tires or suspension/alignment on this vehicle that Honda needs to address.

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Aug 012008

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. while making left or right turns at approximately 15 mph, the contact stated heard a loud snapping sound underneath the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. Approximately 2 years later, while having the vehicle serviced the contact was informed that the tires on the vehicle had become excessively worn over time. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 1,000 and the current mileage was 21,000. Updated 11/03/10. Updated 11/04/10

- Salem, VA, USA

Mar 192010

CR-V

2008 Honda CRV wheel alignment problem. Many others owner in U.S. have the same problem. www.topix.com/forum/autos/Honda-CR-V/tcu5mevbrljo6ctik the car always pull to the right even with 4 brand new tires, both front and back alignment done with correct reading. I visited 3 times to Honda dealer regarding this problem and they could not fix it and I have found out that many other owners in U.S. have the same problem. Please look into this. Hope I can still control it, but I know it will damage my 4 new tires within the next 6 months.

- Flushing, NY, USA

Sep 162009

CR-V

2008 Honda CR-V continues to pull to the right. I had to replace my tires twice each time around 20K miles - the tires were worn unevenly even though I had them rotated 3 times in the past year. Brought into mile high Honda in denver to check alignment, each time they claim nothing is wrong and it is normal to have to replace tires every 20K miles. I also complained that the steering wheel is not straight when driving. I first reported this issue when the car had 9K miles on it.. it has been a year and 1/2 and issue remains. This is a very dangerous defect that for some reason they can not figure out how to fix. The car does not drive straight. Period. I guess they are waiting for someone to get seriously hurt or die before they will admit there is a problem.

- Parker, CO, USA