CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2009 CR-V still came equipped with tires that wear out faster than my Grandpa after a turkey dinner, Honda did address an electrical problem with the door locks that plagued owners of previous model years.

2009 Honda CR-V body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda CR-V:

2009 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Sep 062014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while entering the residential garage, the bumper separated from the vehicle. The dealer diagnosed that the rack and front had been impacted underneath causing it to become loose and out of alignment. The dealer advised the contact to take the vehicle a body shop for repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 36,590.

- Port Angeles, WA, USA

Nov 062009

CR-V

The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that mice were able to gain entry into the interior of the vehicle through the heating system and began nesting within the heating system and the glove box. The mice were chewing on different components of the vehicle which is a potential safety hazard. He called the dealer who advised him to put moth balls in the vehicle. He called the manufacturer and was instructed to take the vehicle to the dealer. The vehicle had not been inspected to-date. The current mileage was approximately 9,000. The failure mileage was approximately 7,500.

- Lebanon, CT, USA

Apr 162009

CR-V

I purchased a 2009 Honda CRV in Feb. I was concerned about the rear/side visibility due to the design of the vehicle and voiced my concern to the saleswoman. She assured me that I "would get used to it." Well, I haven't! I have serious visibility problems when backing up and changing lanes in heavy traffic. (I am a very safe driver and have never been responsible for any traffic violation other than 1 speeding ticket over 30 years ago and 1 parking ticket that could not be avoided.) I backed into a sign pole in a parking lot in mid April, damaging the rear right corner of the vehicle-in the blind spot. Two days ago, while I was very slowly and carefully backing out of a parking space, I came very close to a woman pushing a baby in a cart. I was horrified and immediately attempted to contact the dealer who sold me the car and american Honda-both unsuccessfully. I spent hours E-mailing and talking on the phone, asking for a solution for this serious problem from both the dealer and american Honda. A man that I spoke with at american Honda told me that the design of the '09 CRV is the same as the '07 CRV which he owns. He stated that he had partially corrected the problem by adding small round concave mirrors like those used for trailers/rv's, but did not document that he had said this. The bottom line is that I own a new, but damaged, vehicle that has a serious design flaw which causes major blind zones. I fear that if something is not done to correct this problem on all of these CRV's driving around, more people will be injured or killed. I feel that american Honda needs to be held responsible for the design flaw. Finally, today the assist. Manager at the dealership suggested that I have sensors put on the vehicle at my own expense and remarked: "they're not cheap." Unacceptable.

- Waynesboro, Va 22980, VA, USA