CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2009 CR-V still came equipped with tires that wear out faster than my Grandpa after a turkey dinner, Honda did address an electrical problem with the door locks that plagued owners of previous model years.

2009 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda CR-V:

2009 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 7 of 8)

Mar 072016

CR-V

"takata recall" ?? NHTSA recall 16V-061. I received safety recall notice in March 2016. For this vehicle. The notice does not mention takata specifically. I notified O'neil Honda dealership and have called monthly to check on status. I've been told that parts are on order and delay is due to national recall, shortage of parts and delay due to earthquakes in Japan, where possible manufacture or distribution is located. Reasonable time of 60 days to make repair has passed. The only reason I am filing a complaint is due to having a similar issue with a Toyota vehicle, where it took over 6 months to get a recall repair made. If Honda & Toyota and other auto manufactures are having problems getting there parts from outside the country. It seems reasonable to set up manufacture and distributions within the United States to solve the problem. This recall specifically regarding air bags is of extreme nature due to the number of affected vehicles. There have already been reported deaths and injury in my state of Kansas. I expect the department of transportation to take and active role in expediting a resolution to this national safety issue. And furthermore to enact legislation to protect us citizens and demand accountability from automobile manufacturers, regarding their suppliers and the need for timely resolution. It seems reasonable to expect the auto makers to find an alternative solution, even if it means operating a manufacturing plant here in the us to make the parts required to meet the demand for this specific recall. Air bags are on a level with seat belts in saving lives. Its time to stop the excuses, the delays and long wait for the consumer. Where is the protection we are promised not only from big corporations, but our government as well. Please, please take some action...now, not next year.

- Shawneee, KS, USA

Mar 042016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Mar 282016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hillsboro, NJ, USA

Mar 212016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cheshire, OR, USA

Mar 102016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags); however, the dealer was unable to supply the part within a reasonable time frame for the repair. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was unable to verify a specific time frame that the part would be supplied to the dealer. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Meridian, MS, USA

Mar 172016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Shoreham, NY, USA

Jun 172016

- Seaford, NY, USA

Mar 142016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V346000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The contact was unaware of when the manufacturer would send the second notice to determine when the parts would be supplied to the dealer. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jun 082016

CR-V 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 07/27/16 updated 08/02/16.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 252016

CR-V

Takata recall. My car has been sitting at community Honda since March 25, 2016. I have been in a rental vehicle ever since. I have talked to my dealer, they don't seem to care. I have talked to Honda corporate and have been told the parts are ordered but they don't know when the dealer will get them. I am tired of this. All I want is for my car to be fixed and returned to me. I told Honda corporate for all the money they are paying out in rental they could put me in a new CR-V. this is ridiculous and I just want resolution to this situation.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Mar 012016

CR-V

2009 Honda CR-V. consumer writes in regards to time frame to repair airbag recall is unreasonable and rental vehicle cost issues.

- Andover, CT, USA

Feb 202016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Acton, MA, USA

Mar 242016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

May 232016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts were unavailable to perform the repairs. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall remedy. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- St Petersburg, FL, USA

Mar 072016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The remedy was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Palm Cove, FL, USA

May 102016

CR-V

Going speed and car almost stutters, feels like looses power, RPM's raise when given gas but car will not increase speed, continues to slow down until vsa light comes on. On other occasions the car abrutly stops, feeling like the brakes lock up once again, until the vsa light comes on. I have read multi post from CRV owners having this same issue as well as a post about a class act law suit already involving Honda for the vehicle stability alert system.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

May 022016

CR-V 4-cyl

2009 Honda CR-V. consumer writes in regards to problems with the length of time to replace parts for driver side airbag recall and rental vehicle issues.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Apr 122016

CR-V

Takata recall my car was taken in for the airbag recall for replacement. When I was called to come and get my car I asked if the driver and passenger side airbag had been replaced and was told yes. Upon arrival at the Honda dealership service department I was told they had made a mistake, only the driver's side airbag had been replaced. Needless to say I was very upset, asked to speak to someone and was given the number for the main american Honda office. I called them right at the dealership and was told at this time only the one airbag was on recall, I voiced my serious concern as my car had not been on the recall list a year ago and now it was and I have 2 grandchildren that frequently ride in my car. I requested that they disconnect the passenger side airbag, they said they could not do that, they tried to assure me it was safe for me to drive my car with my grandchildren. I requested that it be noted I was not satisfied. They gave me a case number. Right now I am in god's hands as this is the only transportation I have. It makes no sense that both airbags were not replaced when they had my car and replaced the driver's. when the updated lists come out I imagine since I live in Florida I will eventually receive another recall notification, and this time for the passenger side. Both airbags need to be replaced at the same time.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Mar 042016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Austin, TX, USA

Apr 082016

CR-V

Takata recall. My complaint is that Honda will not pay for all expenses related to alternate transportation for my recall Honda CRV. Currently I have heard that my husband's Honda odessey may be recalled also. What will we do for work transportation and all the other life situations we are incurring presently? please help me with this problem. Thank you in advance.

- Woodhaven, MI, USA