2010 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda CR-V:

2010 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Sep 202014

CR-V

The driver side door lock buzzes for about 1-2 second when I lock the car.. it does not matter whether you use the remote or lock the car from inside. I also have it where the door locks automatically when the car is started. I think this is the Honda broken door lock actuator. There's a small motor inside the actuator that gears to a small rack. When the rack reaches the end of travel, it hits a rubber bumper and shuts off the motor. When the rubber bumper wears out, the rack goes too far and the noise you hear is the motor gear grinding against the end of the rack. The problem with the car automatically relocking itself happens when the rack bounces backwards and hits the lock contacts. Contacted with the dealer, they said I need to pay out of my pocket to fix it. I think this is manufacturer's problem. They should fix it.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Jan 092014

CR-V 4-cyl

The vehicle stability assistance light wont come on.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

May 252013

CR-V 4-cyl

Pull into my garage, applied brake, brake went to the floor and accelerate at the same time. Hit my garage wall causing damage to the wall and car. Turn of car. Drove the car next day, every thing was ok. Check out the brakes on my long drive way, every thing seem ok. When over to a friends house, Monday, again same thing happen, went thru a gasoline station, and the electronic stability controls accelerated, was finally able to stop it, when the brakes return to normal. When we were leaving our friends house, the battery was dead. Had to jump start, every thing was ok driving home. Trying to set up a appointment at the Honda dealer today.

- Atkinson, NH, USA

Mar 182010

CR-V 4-cyl

My 2010 Honda-CRV is mechanically out-of-control when I tried to make a turn and it escalated instead and I tried to maneuver to steer to turn and instead, continue to speedup and finally bring to a halt by slamming to a GMC Jeep and is now totaled. Updated 04/22/10 updated 05/05/10.

- San Jose, CA, USA