CarComplaints.com Notes: 2011 Honda CR-V owners are reporting problems where the engine revs when braking.

Our data is showing early signs of a defect trend, so that's why we've flagged the 2011 CR-V with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating. Time will tell whether this continues to be a problem, & if so, whether Honda will be able to identify the problem & fix it.

5.7

2011 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda CR-V:

2011 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jan 152014

CR-V 4-cyl

While driving on un-crowded highway sunroof loudly exploded and rained glass into and outside the vehicle. Highway speed of approximately 65 mph outdoor temperature approximately 40 degrees. Passengers uninjured but very scared. Glass was blown out from inside to out. No indication of an impact was present. No other vehicles were present to cause impact. Vehicle was taken to local dealership where they explained it must have been a "tiny rock" that caused the impact so they would not repair or replace the defective part except at the owners expense. Serious safety issue with refusal directly from american Honda and local dealership to remedy.

- Englewood, CO, USA

Aug 172011

CR-V 4-cyl

While driving my wipers pull the water back across in front of me the driver this is a major hazard it blocks my view and at night it is almost to where you would rather stay home if its raining cause you are afraid you won't be able to see. I have complained to Honda on several occasions they have said after changing the wiper blades and trying to bend the arm and multiple rain X applications they can not do anything to help me. They said that changing the windshield would not help, and to me by looking at the automobile if the lip down the side of the windshield was not there the water would be slung off the side verse being held on the windshield. I have expressed my concerns to the service manager etc and even had to go to another dealership while traveling because the raining issue and not being able to see. This is becoming a large problem and driving the vehicle is just unsafe. I would like to know what I can do to get this corrected if anyone could help. It was nice to see someone else has this problem they keep telling me no one else has complained. This has been happening continuously ever since I have owned the vehicle and every time I drive in the rain very unnerving and very hazardous.

- Dalton, GA, USA

Nov 012011

CR-V

Summary: Our windshield wiper arm travels from right to left removing rain from the windshield, the wiper pulls the rain back across the windshield blocking the drivers vision. It appears that the design of the windshield arm and blade pulls the water back across the windshield blocking the drivers vision. This factor is extremely dangerous. Blocking the dealer was notify with no correction.

- Lincolnwood, IL, USA

May 302012

CR-V

Our windshield wiper arm travels from right to left removing rain from the windshield, the air passing over and around the windshield arm as it returns, the wiper pulls the rain back across the windshield blocking the drivers vision. It appears that the design of the windshield arm and blade causes a vacuum that pulls the water back across the windshield blocking the drivers vision. Here in Florida with torrential rain storm this factor is extremely dangerous. A quick fix would be airfoil that snaps onto the windshield arm that would direct air into this vacuum behind the wiper blade, destroying the suction that pulls the water back across the windshield blocking the drivers vision.

- Grant, FL, USA