CarComplaints.com Notes: 2011 Honda CR-V owners are reporting problems where the engine revs when braking.

Our data is showing early signs of a defect trend, so that's why we've flagged the 2011 CR-V with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating. Time will tell whether this continues to be a problem, & if so, whether Honda will be able to identify the problem & fix it.

2011 Honda CR-V body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda CR-V:

2011 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Nov 282014

CR-V 4-cyl

I was parking my car and while applying brake, the car accelerated very fast and fortunately there were hedges which stopped the car. This is scary and we stopped driving this car for now until we fix this problem.

- Suwanee, GA, USA

Jan 152014

CR-V 4-cyl

While driving on un-crowded highway sunroof loudly exploded and rained glass into and outside the vehicle. Highway speed of approximately 65 mph outdoor temperature approximately 40 degrees. Passengers uninjured but very scared. Glass was blown out from inside to out. No indication of an impact was present. No other vehicles were present to cause impact. Vehicle was taken to local dealership where they explained it must have been a "tiny rock" that caused the impact so they would not repair or replace the defective part except at the owners expense. Serious safety issue with refusal directly from american Honda and local dealership to remedy.

- Englewood, CO, USA

Jun 242013

CR-V 4-cyl

When unlocking the doors using the key fob the right rear door unlocks momentarily then relocks. When using the driver door lock button to unlock the doors the right rear door unlocks then relocks. When parking the vehicle and placing the shifter into the park position the right rear door unlocks then relocks. When using key to unlock vehicle from driver door handle the right rear door unlocks then relocks. When transporting children this is a safety issue that Honda should address. Reviewing complaints from other sources this is an ongoing issue with Honda crvs since 2003.

- Cottonwood, AZ, USA

Jun 302012

CR-V 4-cyl

I was pulling out of parking spot in reverse in a crowded movie theater parking lot when my 2011 Honda CR-V accelerated at full speed into the cement pole behind me. Confused, I put the car in 'drive' to pull myself away from the pole, when the car once again accelerated at full speed forward toward the spot I was original in hitting and continually pushing a parked mini-van, which in turn pushed and kept pushing the parked car next to it. In an attempt to stop the car, I put the car in reverse and once again went in reverse, crashing into the same cement pole. Despite the fact that I bore down on the brakes repeatedly, the car did not stop until I put the car in 'park". immediately thereafter, I turned the car off. This all occurred in seconds and was terrifying...I had no control of the vehicle. Witnesses in the movie theater parking lot were stopped in their tracks hearing the loud roar of the engine.

- Staten Island , NY, USA

Dec 202011

CR-V 4-cyl

My car was 10 days old and the bumper started peeling. Took me a lot of jumping hoops, phone calls, letters, and days off work to get it repaired. It was really a nightmare. 6 months later 6/22/2012 the rear bumper started peeling. They fixed it without any problems. Less than another month now it is peeling at the lift gate under the handle to open and they want to see it and see what it is doing then see if they approve it and back to jumping hoops on a vehicle that is less than 9 months old. There is something wrong with the paint on these. I understand that the paint doesn't stick well to plastic but I have lots of dings I have had to fill it chips very easily also. I have a Toyota with almost 300K that doesn't have the looks of my new car that stays parked due to me being scared to drive B/C it might peel or chip. This is nuts. I want it fixed and or traded and don't want to have to keep going back and forth this is ridiculous with a new car to have to lose pay to go 150 miles to have my car looked at then schedule the appt 150 miles and then 150 miles to get it, but also take a day off work for both. It is loss of pay, cost of gas, time and is getting really tiring!

- Marble Falls, TX, USA

Jul 302011

CR-V

Separation of internal headliner from rubber lining at rear in a new vehicle. Possible serious driving hazard if not repaired or corrected. Dealer is unwilling to take care of manufacturer defect in a timely & reasonable manner. Dealer claims manufacturer has inventory & shipping problems.

- Webster, TX, USA