CarComplaints.com Notes: 2011 Honda CR-V owners are reporting problems where the engine revs when braking.

Our data is showing early signs of a defect trend, so that's why we've flagged the 2011 CR-V with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating. Time will tell whether this continues to be a problem, & if so, whether Honda will be able to identify the problem & fix it.

2011 Honda CR-V fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda CR-V:

2011 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jul 112016

CR-V

My car used to run 24mpg. Now drop down to the 15-18mpg. I don't know what is going on? also the air conditioner run on summer will be hot air out.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Apr 292015

CR-V

The car was sitting on a hill, and I turned the key in the on position. I then turned the key to start, and the engine did not turn over, and the cab lost all power. So I took it to auto zone, and they said that nothing was wrong with it.

- Matthews, NC, USA

Oct 242012

CR-V

The car was in an indoor parking lot. Driver backed up out of its parking space at a low speed and bumped into a wall behind the parking spot. At that point, the car jumped into drive and began accelerating without driver doing anything. Driver applied the brake, but the car continued to accelerate and hit a cement pylon. The car bounced off the cement pylon and the car continued to accelerate forward, even though driver was applying the brake. The car hit the cement pylon again and then another car. The car only stopped when driver put it into park and turned it off.

- West Hartford, CT, USA

Aug 312012

CR-V 4-cyl

I was positioned at an intersection, waiting to make a left turn in heavy traffic. Since this vehicle is more powerful than the one I had, pulling out into traffic didn't concern me that much. Well, it does now. It went just enough into the intersection to get me into a near crash situation. It just totally bogged down. Throttle position sensor maybe? I have talked to four people with 2010 and 2011 CRV's and they say the same thing. I love this car, but this has to be addressed. I have had no other problems except for this. This is a real downer for me in relation to this car. Help us Honda.

- Mooresville, NC, USA