CarComplaints.com Notes: 2011 Honda CR-V owners are reporting problems where the engine revs when braking.

Our data is showing early signs of a defect trend, so that's why we've flagged the 2011 CR-V with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating. Time will tell whether this continues to be a problem, & if so, whether Honda will be able to identify the problem & fix it.

2011 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda CR-V:

2011 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 12 of 13)

Mar 292016

CR-V

Takata recall - please see the attached letter which explains my predicament related to the announcement of the takata recall for 2011 Cr-vs. Today, Honda corporate's response to my plea was to dismiss me with no reasonable remedy. They are not willing to help me trade in my 2011 for a 2012 so that I replace my business delivery. At this point a rental is not even an option - neither hertz nor enterprise (verified by scott jordan - gfm of greenwich Honda 203 622 0612) will rent a car to be driven by young delivery drivers. So I am stuck with a 2011 car I cannot use and no way to replace it unless I buy another car out of my own pocket! this seems that the entities that created this awful situation are not willing to make amends. What other recourse do I have" can you help me"

- Greenwich, CT, USA

Mar 292011

CR-V

Honda describes airbag to be unsafe...could kill or injure driver...a loaner CR-V will be provided, however I would have to pay $250 unpon return of the car for "detail" cleaning. This is because I Transport a therapy dog (through therapy dogs international) to facilities in the back of the car. If I opt to take a risk and continue driving the car, my car will be one of the last to be repaired, as all individuals with leased cars will be given a priority. I feel this is unfair, as I was not responsible for the defect in the airbags.

- Avon Lake, OH, USA

Mar 252016

CR-V

As instructed in the recall letter I received, I called my local dealer. I spoke to sam in the service department. I explained my concern about the air bag recall letter and told him that I was fearful of driving my car as the letter stated that I could die if the air bags deployed. He assured me that I would receive a call back today. I did not receive a call. When I attempted to call again they were closed. I am very concerned about driving my car and would like to know what my next step is.

- Chico, CA, USA

Mar 242016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lancaster, NY, USA

CR-V

The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair with the dealer. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available because they had no definite date from the manufacturer. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The manufacturer indicated in the interim notification that the parts may become available mid summer 2016. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Searingtown, NY, USA

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and was unable to receive the part for the recall repair within a reasonable time frame. The dealer indicated that the parts may not be available until mid July 2016. The manufacturer indicated in the interim notification that the parts may become available mid summer 2016. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- North Attleboro, MA, USA

Mar 082011

CR-V

The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. while driving 5 mph, another vehicle crashed into the front passenger side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact recently received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 500.

- Lake Ariel, PA, USA

Mar 222016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Feb 122016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Mar 142016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The expected date for the part availability was the summer of 2016. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Mar 142016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. The VIN was unavailable.

- Wichita, KS, USA

CR-V

The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Feb 142016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. while stopped at a red light, another vehicle crashed into the front driver side door of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a bruised spleen and back that required medical attention. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed. The body damage was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Jones, OK, USA

Mar 102016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Menlo Park, CA, USA

Jun 042015

CR-V

This vehicle does not appear to be on the recall list, however the owner's literature indicates it has takata airbags. Are the dealer's required to replace the airbags even if they are not on the recall list?

- Boise, ID, USA

May 012015

CR-V

Side curtain airbag indicator light "on" for no apparent reason. Turned off the next day, but turned "on" again the following day and has remained on since this day. I am at a lost for the reason and can only attribute it to hot weather.

- Delmar, NY, USA

Dec 102014

CR-V

There is an "air bag" warning light on in this vehicle. When hooked up to computer it reads "air bag inflater" problem. Older models of Honda's have had recall notices for this problem. I called billion Honda in Iowa city, ia and they responded "no recall" on this vehicle and "not covered under warranty" and were rude on the phone. Warrant states 15 years or 150K mile warranty on "safety restraints". with past history and warranty coverage I would think they would correct this problem before the liability becomes greater.

- Kalona, IA, USA

Nov 302014

CR-V

We pulled our Honda CRV 2011 into a parking lot at bonefish grill in canton Ohio on November 30, 2014. My mother was pulling into a parking spot and the accelerator moved to the floor and the car could not be stopped by slamming on the brakes. We ended up running into a car parked in front of us then a car to the left of us and then the car was finally stopped when we ran into the side of another car parked in the lot where it finally came to rest. The air bags did not deploy, and we were not injured. We were very scared and there was substantial damage to the 3 other cars as well as our own. We have read online the stories of others that had very similar situations with this particular make and model vehicle. We do not plan on ever getting in this vehicle again and will not trust any vehicle that Honda builds as well. This incident luckily happened in a parking lot. If we would have been in an intersection we or someone else would likely have been killed. This vehicle needs to be recalled and customers should be compensated for the negligence on the part of the company. It looks like from the stories that we have read that Honda is claiming no responsibility for this issue and blaming it on driver error. This is not acceptable and Honda needs to own up to their incompetence and dishonesty.

- Stow, OH, USA

Feb 292012

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving 7 mph, the front passenger side tire blew out with the illumination of the passenger side air bag light. The contact stated that the passenger air bag off light illuminated with the passenger in the vehicle. The vehicle tire was repaired by the contact and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Mar 082012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2011 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving 35 mph, he crashed into a pole and the air bags did not deploy. The contact suffered back injuries as a result of the failure. The vehicle was then towed by the contact's insurance company but the failure was not diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and the contact was awaiting a response. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Lucasville, OH, USA