2012 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda CR-V:

2012 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

May 092015

The contact owns a 2012 Honda CR-V. while driving at an unknown speed, the sun roof shattered without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician stated the sun roof needed to be replaced. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 56,000.

- Crown City , OH, USA

Nov 062014

CR-V 4-cyl

I was driving on the freeway with no cars around and I heard a loud sound like a gunshot then my sunroof exploded and glass showered down on me. When I reviewed the damage, the glass was pushed outwards and there was no sign something had impacted it.

- Orting, WA, USA

Dec 212012

CR-V 4-cyl

While going North on I-35, 2 miles South of austin, Texas a very loud noise was felt and heard. The sunroof had cracked into thousands of small pieces and a large hole formed as I drove with glass flying behind me. The hole in the center of the sunroof had edges sloping upwards indicating the force went out of the car bending the glass outwards. There is no evidence any object hit the sunroof from the outside. The outside temperature was 64F degrees. I believe the factory installed sunroof glass is defective causing a very unsafe driving condition. I have pictures of the sunroof.

- Lewisville, TX, USA