2012 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda CR-V:

2012 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jan 012016

Heater/defroster on driver's side not putting out warm air. Windows not being defrosted - safety issue. Honda has long recognized this problem and issued a service bulletin 14-063 but refused to correct with charging several hundred dollars. This should be fixed no-charge as it is a safety issue.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Apr 092016

It is well documented by Honda that there is an issue with heater cores on these cars. Heater will eventually become plugged and not work. Heat is significantly cooler on drivers side vents than passenger side. My complaint is without heat to defrost windshield in winter conditions it will become a visibility issue due to not having the ability to defrost the windshield. And potentially cause a crash. Honda is very much aware of this issue, yet is charging customers that are out of warranty to rectify the issue. I have 46K miles on my car and am having heater core issues? I noticed the issue early on and it has gotten progressively worse. Had I of known what it was I would have had it fixed under warranty. Honda tsb number is 14-063. Temperature differential from passenger side to driver side in my car is 40+ degrees.

- Herriman, UT, USA

Feb 102014

This has now happened twice, in early 2014 and early 2015. Driving on the highway in a snowstorm, the windshield wipers work fine for a while, and then rather suddenly the windshield ices up to a point that visibility is extremely poor. The wipers themselves fail, and no amount of defrosting/heat directed at the windshield will help. The only thing that helps is pulling off the highway and manually de-icing them. The problem with that, of course, is that one is not always in the position to be able to do this, and certainly not immediately once the problem starts. The first time this occurred was in awful traffic in a snowstorm with my two daughters in the car. There were accidents all along our route, so even with visibility the driving was hairy. There was nowhere to pull over for a long period in order to fix the problem. It was without a doubt the worst and most frightening driving experience I've ever had. After that experience, I purchased and installed brand new wipers. They work great in the rain, and I was hopeful about their performance in snow. But then I encountered the problem again the following winter. Happily, on the second occasion I was able to pull off the highway relatively soon after the problem started. My guess is that it has something to do with the shape of the windshield, or with the depth of the well at the base of the windshield.

- North Haven, CT, USA

Feb 262015

I. headlights are terrible. I only drive occasionally at night. The high beam points too high and the low beam too low. I asked rep in service dept. At don jacobs, lexington, ky and he advised the headlights are set at factory. They could not do anything to adjust them. I don't think he even made out a report. But the more I think about it, Honda should have a "fix" for this problem. 2. battery. Local temps have been -/+ zero outside. My Honda is parked in garage and temps in this cold weather in my garage is 34 degrees, average.. my Honda "groans" when starting, but so far has managed to get started. I have not mentioned this to don jacobs as I didn't think they would do anything about it. They would probably say "it was set at factory".

- Danville,, KY, USA

May 142012

I am writing to see the issue I am facing with my car is a safety concern or not. I contacted Honda and they indicated all of their Honda CRV 2012 models are designed the same way to protect the interior electric mechanism of the car. I have a visibility problem when it is raining or there is moisture on the side windows (all four sides including driver side) of my Honda CRV. So when it rains or there is moisture on the side window while the car was sitting their overnight, I am having difficulty to wipe off any water droplets or moisture by sliding my side window down. I have tested many other cars. All of them squeezes off the water on the window by just sliding the window. My Honda CRV doesn't allow me to do that. I brought this to attention back in 2012 to Honda. I was advised to always to properly wipe off my windows with a clean cloth before driving. I understand that it my responsibility to ensure I have clear visibility before starting to drive. I have been doing this since 2011. My question was what if it raining heavy and I am driving. There is an urgent need to see cars behind me using my side-view mirror. I slide my window to have a clear visibility and close my window back again. Again their a need to do so" should I keep doing these over and over"

- Scranton, PA, USA

Jan 212014

CR-V 4-cyl

The windshield sprayer on the Honda CR-V 2012 freezes under 30 degrees and does not work to clean the windshield. I can not drive my cr -V in the snow because visibility could be zero and I would not be able to clear the snow from my car. I just can not see out my would think Honda would have a better design for there new CR-V. in the snow storm, I had to open my driver's side window and drive home looking out that window to get home safely. I can not believe that in 2014 we can not have a car whose windshield sprayer worked properly in the snow!!!that is a safety issue.

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Dec 172013

Windshield sprayer freezes at any temp under 30 degrees. Either there is a flaw in the design of the spray or the slope of the hood which allows the sprayers to freeze temps under 30 degrees. This make driving in snow weather very dangerous. I have seen many complaints about this online.

- Independence, MO, USA

Jul 112012

The contact owns a 2012 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while traveling 65 mph, the driver's side windshield wiper blade pulled rain into the contact's field of vision, decreasing her visibility of the roadway. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was advised that the entire driver's side windshield wiper needed to be replaced. The windshield wiper was replaced but did not rectify the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximately failure mileage was 1,200 and the current mileage was 18,000.

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Jun 012012

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the passenger side windshield wiper blade failed which caused water to accumulate and obstructed the drivers view. The failure was recurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised the contact how the windshield was designed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,000 and the current mileage was 3,000. Updated 10/16/12 the consumer stated the passenger side blade throws water to the driver's side impairing the driver's vision. This occurs when the wipers are on medium or high speed. When on low the wipers leave streaks on the driver's side. Updated 11/09/2012

- Madeira Beach , FL, USA

Aug 262012

The contact owns a 2012 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the sun visor only covered two-thirds of the side window, leaving a large portion of the window unblocked and making it difficult for him to see as the sun glared through the window while driving. The dealer and the manufacturer were both notified of the failure but neither offered any assistance. The failure and current mileages were 400.

- Hemut, CA, USA

Apr 222012

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while traveling 60 mph the driver side windshield wiper blade pulled rain into her field of vision decreasing visibility. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was contacted. The failure mileage was 1,000 and the current mileage was 5,102. Updated 11/14/12

- Columbia, MO, USA

Jun 302012

CR-V 4-cyl

I was driving my Honda CR-V approx 60 miles an hour on the highway in fort smith, Arkansas. I heard a loud pop and the drivers side window exploded and collapsed. I immediately drove to the dealership which was close by to have the auto examined. I contacted Honda to notify them of the issue and neither Honda or the dealership had any thoughts on what may have caused the window to explode other than a foreign object hitting the window. This type of repair was not covered under warranty according to Honda. I was not close to any other vehicles at the time the window exploded. I was also not near a large truck or a mowing vehicle that would have thrown up debris that could have hit the side window. I want to make sure that there is not any underlying issue that caused this problem such as any pressure on the window mechanism or problems related to excessive temperatures such as our area has been having. This potentially could have caused a dangerous accident and or a fatality.

- Poteau, OK, USA

Apr 032012

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 21012 Honda CRV. The contact stated that he rear lift gate window was struck by a rock and caused the wiper blade to separate from the window as the glass exploded and shattered into several pieces. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and the current mileage was 115....updated 10/03/12 updated 10/09/2012

- Pflugerville, TX, USA