2012 Honda CR-V body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Honda CR-V:

2012 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jan 052016

Moonroof spontaneously shattered while vehicle was being driven. No impact with object and no known prior defect in moonroof.

- Amherst, MA, USA

May 282015

When pulling into a parking spot in a parking structure, as I prepared to stop, the automobile, I think, inexplicably accelerated, crashing into the concrete barrier wall. The airbag deployed. To sum up, I think that my car accelerated by itself.

- Santa Monica, CA, USA

Apr 142015

Passenger window on drivers side. Will not always go up. It will go up if pulled up by hand while pushing the control button.

- Carlsbad, NM, USA

Jun 272013

CR-V 4-cyl

This is about NHTSA recall 12V-338, and to report Honda's failure to remedy a defect within 60 days of first contact with the dealer (Honda of annapolis, 1720 West street, annapolis, md 21401). We brought our 2102 Honda CR-V to Honda of annapolis on March 22, 2013 for the replacement of driver's and passenger's door latches and inner handles under recall 12V-338. The service advisor stated that no parts were available, so the parts would be special ordered and we would be called when the parts were in stock. We never received any call. We went to Honda of annapolis on June 27, 2013 for an oil change and inquired about the recall parts, which were then in stock, and the recall work was performed. When we asked why we had not been called about the recall parts, no one offered any rational explanation, much less any apology. Later that day, we were unable to lock the CR-V, the car alarm would go off when either front door was opened, and we had to turn off the alarm by putting the key in the ignition. We returned to Honda of annapolis the following day to have these problems fixed. Thus, Honda of annapolis missed your 60 day repair deadline by over 30 days, and then performed the replacement in an incompetent manner. If we had not gone in for the oil change, we believe we would never have received any call from this dealer about completing the recall.

- Edgewater, MD, USA

Sep 172012

CR-V 4-cyl

My wife who was driving our Honda CRV 2012 had an accident on the freeway off ramp. When the car in front of her ran over some wire that was left on the road, the driver made a sudden stop. My wife was unable to stop in time and hit the vehicle with our Honda. There was considerable damage on both cars. Since the airbags did not deploy and the safety belt in our 2012 Honda CRV did not restrain my wife from hitting the steering wheel, she was seriously hurt. I hope other owners of the Honda CRV 2012 do not have this type of situation happen to them.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Sep 302012

CR-V 4-cyl

We took a trip from Georgia to Mississippi on the weekend of 28-30 September. On the way back we drove through extremely heavy rain at times. On the evening of Oct 1st I raised the hood to check the oil level. I noticed that the engine compartment was wet and that there was no weather stripping across the front of the hood (my Accord and Odyssey has it). That allowed water to enter the engine compartment. The water came in from the top and not the bottom of the engine. I took the vehicle to the local Honda dealership to complain about the leak. They looked at several brand-new Cr-vs and noticed that they too didn't have any weather stripping across the front of the hood. The dealer said there was nothing they could do about it. This is a design defect that needs to be corrected. When driving through heavy rain there is nothing to stop water from entering the engine compartment and possibly damaging the sensitive electronic components. I now have a brand-new CR-V with unsightly water stains on the engine, firewall, and hood insulator.

- Bonaire, GA, USA