2013 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda CR-V:

2013 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jan 022014

CR-V 4-cyl

I was driving home on a major road (not a small back road) when I heard a sound like a gunshot. I immediately pulled over and found that there was a large hole in my sunroof, with spiderweb cracking coming out from the hole. The glass was flexed upwards and created a dome-like effect. I continued to drive the 2 hours home and immediately went to a local Honda dealership. The service man took pictures and proceeded to tell me that if something had fallen onto the sunroof, the glass would've crashed into the car, not flexed up and out like mine did. A few days later, the service man called and said after sending Honda the pictures, they decided I must've damaged the sunroof somehow, causing it to crack, meaning Honda would not take responsibility for it. I then proceeded to call the dealership where I bought the brand new car 6 months ago. In talking to the sales manager, he told me that if I was driving down the highway, it would be near impossible for something to fall on my sunroof to cause a damage. It would've hit my windshield, or just flown over my car. He said there was nothing he could do and I could call Honda directly. I did. My case representative proceeded to "look into it", which entailed a mumbling man telling me he may or may not get back to my claim by January 21st. When I heard back from them, he had called the first dealership and then reported that they felt like there was damage to the sunroof, meaning Honda still wouldn't take responsibility. Honda has jerked me around from person to person, while having me drive around in my new car with a gaping hole in the sunroof that is shattering glass every time I drive it. Their service men have told me one thing, and the corporation as a whole is saying something else. After a quick web-search, there have been many other instances of this happening on Honda, and they are refusing to take responsibility.

- Salem, VA, USA