2013 Honda CR-V drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda CR-V:

2013 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 152013

CR-V

We returned from shopping and parked car in driveway (approximately 30 degree incline). Went behind to unload back and the car rolled back on us about 4-5 feet at least. We have since been able to duplicate this twice. The car is fully in park with the engine off when this happens. The only injury (thank god!) was my back which was just thrown out a little due to trying to get out from behind the car before it ran over me. My husband twisted his knee a little, but appears okay otherwise. Because it is Sunday, I cannot reach anyone to report to the dealer (bommarito Honda), but have sent them a message demanding they tow the car and get me a loaner immediately. Neither of us will get in this car again. I'm very concerned there may be others at serious risk right now!

- Florissant, MO, USA

Sep 202013

CR-V 4-cyl

Just before coming to a full stop or accelerating from a stop a grinding noise coming from the rear of the all wheel drive vehicle. Dealer identified problem and is to replace the rear differential.

- Greensburg, PA, USA

Aug 212013

CR-V 4-cyl

Intermittent problem happened 4 times over 2 weeks while driving new vehicle (just purchased new) about 30 miles. Eco button is on. From full stop, when I step on gas pedal get a 1-2 sec hesitation; no engine rev up, no acceleration. Foot is not on the brake at time of gas pedal hesitation. It's a safety problem in traffic or especially when turning left in traffic. Local Honda dealer tells me this is a known problem to Honda and Honda is working on solution and recall repair.

- Portland, OR, USA

Jul 012013

CR-V

2013 Honda CRV. Consumer writes in regards to brake transmission shift interlock recall notice and unsatisfactory customer service at dealership.

- Yukon, OK, USA

May 302013

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the vehicle failed to down shift. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 2,900.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA