2013 Honda CR-V miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda CR-V:

2013 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Aug 262016

Ac compressor, alternator, belt is defective, replaced, (car have just 41000 mi )

- Dewitt, NY, USA

Aug 252016

My back righ door does not open form the inside or outside. Something is wrong with the locking mechanisim. I have also had issues with the back hatch down not latching. Suddnely startied happening. Waitign to hear about my extended warranty. Its seems like a sefery issue to me, since kids cant exit the car on the correct side at school. Were recalls on same issue in previous years.

- Helena, AL, USA

Mar 102016

Having this problem since June 2015. Already have purchased two tensioner and now 1 pulley. Since I have gone over the warranty is over 12,000, I drive 4K miles a month. I have it back to the shop still making a strange sound when I take off and drive between 20-40 mph. Now brought it back saying product is defective again. How many time is the product going to be defective. Whats really happening

- Port Jervis, NY, USA

Feb 212016

The car makes a griniding noise when we start it. We bought the car in December of 2015. On 2/26/2016, I was told by the dealer mechanic that hnda is aware of the situation but hasnt formulated a soultion. The Honda dealer's mechanic did give me a great desription of the problem.

- Janesville, WI, USA

Nov 142014

2013 Honda CRV with 27,000 miles has been making grinding noises when starting the engine in cold weather. This started about a year ago and was not happening each time. It seems temperature related. We called our dealer who said this problem was known by Honda and that Honda was working on it and we would be contacted by the dealer once Honda had a solution. They seemed to know exactly what was causing the problem and admitted that other customers had called with exactly the same complaint. From what we have seen online, this problem has been around for a while and there has been no resolution from Honda. In the meantime, because oil is not getting to this part in the starter, we can only assume that this part is being worn down. This problem is known by Honda yet it appears nothing is being done to replace the part. This seems like a problem that would require a recall. We will continue to contact our dealer here in bend, Oregon, so that we can keep our concern documented and on the table.

- Bend, OR, USA

Jul 312015

Back door will not unlock. I attempted multiple times with the key fob, which has batteries and unlocked the other doors. I then tried to unlock it by pressing the unlock button on the driver's side. That did not work either. I continued to try all the other doors unlock buttons with no luck. I am unable to use the back portion of the vehicle seeing as I can't get to it. This could pose a serious issue with everyday activities from putting groceries back there to accessing my spare tire if needed.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

May 162015

Car would not start. When the key was turned, the engine cranked slowly, then the starter only clicked. The vehicle had been used regularly (20 min drive to and from work) in the days leading up to the incident. Car was jump started with another car and it started up properly. We took the vehicle into the dealer and it seems that technical service bulletin for 2012 CR-V also applied to the 2013 CR-V -- tsb 12-041. However, when I had searched the list of service bulletins for the 2013 CR-V, the issue didn't come up on the NHTSA website. I think this service bulletin should be issued for the 2013 CR-V as well.

- Wauconda, IL, USA

Apr 232014

The contact owns a 2013 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that when starting the vehicle, a grinding noise was heard from the front end. The failure was recurring and intermittent. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 19,000. Kmj

- Northville, MI, USA