2014 Honda CR-V body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jul 032015

I entered a parking lot to take my grandgirls to a wildlife refuge exhibit. Drove down driveway, turned left off of driveway to park car facing West which would be facing another car facing East. Turn was immediate, so brakes were applied. Car did not slow down or stop... rather, it accelerated with a lurch! I was laying on the brakes; they did not engage until frontal contact pushed facing car out of my way, and I was able to throw car into park. No action when engaging emergency brakes. Of course, documented as an "at-fault" accident by my insurance company. (may I personally mention that I have been driving 48 years and have never had an "at-fault" accident - haven't even hit a garbage can!) returned car to Honda dealership to check out braking/acceleration. The response from the service representative was, (and I directly quote), "we couldn't find a problem, but, when you experience this problem again, please have it towed to our dealership!" I have owned 14 subsequent Honda, but will never own another! that CRV took its own free will as I tried my best to control it - nothing doing! updated 10/07/15

- Prosser, WA, USA

Apr 162015

CR-V 4-cyl

9 am April 16 police knocked on door several Honda in the parking lot had been broken into nd driver airbag stolen. Car did not start had to be towed to southhonda for repairs. I have a $500 deductible and I want Honda to reimburse me plus fix the faulty alarm system. I am retired $500 is lot for something I did not do thank you

- Miami, FL, USA

Feb 242014

My Honda CRV was broken into while on vacation in Florida. I was only about 300 feet away from the car but was not notified by the alarm. I came back to see glass all over the floor, my personal belongings gone from the car. As a previous owner of a newly purchased Honda Odyssey, I felt that the car had alarm as the key has remote lock and and unlock functions and the car even sounded a familiar arming sound when remotely locked. When I went into a dealer in Florida to inquire why the alarm did not work, they told me that the car had passive alarm, which means that the alarm should sound if the glass is broken. Upon returning to New York, I went to the dealer where I purchased the car and they told me the car has no alarm, and that the familiar sound is just to indicate to me that all four doors are locked! at no time during the sales transaction was I told that the car has no alarm or that I needed to purchase an alarm.

- Briarwood, NY, USA