2014 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Apr 012016

CR-V

Brakes don't disengage normally : after releasing brake pedal, the car is still brakes for several seconds and, therefore, slowing down.

- Independence Township, NJ, USA

Apr 012016

CR-V

Rear brake pads and rotors are worn completely with rotors showing deep grooves. Front brakes, on the contrary, appear to be almost new - thick pads and smooth rotors. The car's mileage is 17,412

- Independence Township, NJ, USA

Sep 232015

CR-V

After 12000 miles noticed minor pulsating when braking. Problem got persistently worse where almost lost control of the car going down hill at 65 mph. Took in to dealer who performed an inspection. They reported front brake rotorwarping due to normal wear and tear. All brake pads showweed minimal wear. I stated to the dealer that I felt this was not normal. They told me to change my driving habits. After much discussion they decided to cover a portion of the cost but stated next time it would be my responsibility. This should not occur so early on.

- Lafayette, CA, USA

Sep 102015

CR-V

Rusted on major parts of the suspension that is holding the breaking mechanism..

- Roseville, CA, USA

Sep 052015

CR-V

Turned left into driveway and hit brakes, car lurched forward and sped up. I jammed on the brakes and it stopped just before ramming into the garage door. Please note that this is the second incident. Approximately one month ago, a similar thing happened after I applied the brakes, turned left, then slight right to pull off the road to park. Suddenly, instead of stopping, the car lurched forward. I slammed on the brakes and was able to stop about 20 feet from my intended stopping place.

- Boulder, CO, USA

Jul 032015

CR-V

I entered a parking lot to take my grandgirls to a wildlife refuge exhibit. Drove down driveway, turned left off of driveway to park car facing West which would be facing another car facing East. Turn was immediate, so brakes were applied. Car did not slow down or stop... rather, it accelerated with a lurch! I was laying on the brakes; they did not engage until frontal contact pushed facing car out of my way, and I was able to throw car into park. No action when engaging emergency brakes. Of course, documented as an "at-fault" accident by my insurance company. (may I personally mention that I have been driving 48 years and have never had an "at-fault" accident - haven't even hit a garbage can!) returned car to Honda dealership to check out braking/acceleration. The response from the service representative was, (and I directly quote), "we couldn't find a problem, but, when you experience this problem again, please have it towed to our dealership!" I have owned 14 subsequent Honda, but will never own another! that CRV took its own free will as I tried my best to control it - nothing doing! updated 10/07/15

- Prosser, WA, USA

Apr 052015

CR-V

While attempting to stop at a red traffic light, we applied pressure to the brakes. However, the brakes did not respond and it appeared that the car accelerated. To avoid hitting the car in front of us, we turned towards the shoulder and up a small hill. We hit a tree on the small hill that caused the car to flip upside down. Police and ems responded to the site of the accident to remove us from the car and evaluate/treat us for injuries.

- Cheltenham, PA, USA

Jul 262014

CR-V 4-cyl

Clicking sound in the rear of vehicle. Also when braking at 70mph steering wheel shakes. Told by dealer rotors defective.

- Ruther Glen, VA, USA

Jun 212014

CR-V 4-cyl

On June 21, 2014 at approx 9:34 am, as I was coming out of my parking space to turn left, as I took my foot off the brake pad, slightly touched the gas pedal *& my car shot like a bullet! it was going so fast it was hard for me to control it (it was faster than being on the highway); I pressed on the brake pads & the car wouldn't slow down. I managed to make another left (as straight would have caused me to crash into the bldg) while the vehicle is moving at an unknown accelerated speed. As I turned left, going around vehicles, I pressed harder on the brake pad & the car shot even faster than before! I went through the fence & into a sedan that was parked across the street from the parking lot, my vehicle jumped & landed on the driver side parallel to the sedan. The airbags deployed, deflated, I took off my seatbelt, went to open the doors but the doors wouldn't open. I was frantic, the car was smoking, red & green lights were on the dashboard. I tried exiting via the sunroof; that worked, that's how I got out of the vehicle (with the assistance of people passing by). I had just leased this vehicle on Tuesday, June 17, 2014; it was a Honda CRV 2014. Since then I've found some articles online where individuals have experienced almost the same frightening situation that I encountered (google acceleration when braking in Honda CRV). I'm beyond scared to ride in a car or a taxi; I'm not sure when I would ever want to get in a car again. I'm even afraid of crossing the street when there's Honda at a stoplight. I can hardly sleep because the events keep playing in my head; I'm paranoid! I'm still experiencing aches and pains from the accident, no broken bones however. I'm seeking to sue Honda for what could have been an ending of my life, due to their product defect. Can you help me" can you refer to me a product liability attorney that would pursue a suit"

- Bronx, NY, USA