2014 Honda CR-V electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Sep 242014

CR-V 4-cyl

First thing in the morning on cold days, sometimes a grinding sound occurs when starting the engine that lasts about a second. It doesn't happen every cold morning, but it happens fairly regularly on cold mornings. I see that many people have complained about this problem and Honda has not developed a solution. This problem needs to be fixed to ensure no damage is occurring to the engine.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

May 152014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2014 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the after parking the vehicle, it failed to start. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician stated that the vehicle was operating as designed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,500.

- Paramount, CA, USA

Jan 302015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2014 Honda CR-V. when the vehicle was started, there was an abnormal noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate over 20 mph and all the warning lights on the instrument panel illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician stated that rodents were chewing the harness wires. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer on February 4, 2014 where it was diagnosed that the crank sensor and harness wires needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 3,000.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jan 052015

CR-V 4-cyl

During cold winter months there is a grinding noise for about 2 seconds when first starting the vehicle, even in garage. Taking to Honda dealer this week. Looking at all similar complaints online, I am not expecting much to be done. Seems Honda is aware of this problem on crvs but can't diagnose"?????"!!!!

- New Providence, NJ, USA

Jan 302015

CR-V

I started my car with the remote start and a little over ten minutes later went out to clean off my car and I didn't want my car to turn off when the remote start timed out so I put my key in the ignition and turned it so the car would stay turned on while I cleaned off my car. As I was cleaning off my car I heard the doors lock with the keys in the ignition.

- Milton, PA, USA

Jan 062015

CR-V 4-cyl

The TPMS warning light has been coming on since not long after the car was purchased new. We are told by the dealer that the latest software upgrade has been installed. Annoying, useless light. Constantly re-setting.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Feb 042014

CR-V 4-cyl

The tpwl comes on at various times & is not a reliable way to monitor tire pressure. Every time the light comes on, I check the pressures & they are all at 32 psi. The light is useless! this has happened multiple times & now I ignore the light.

- Lynnwood, WA, USA

Mar 202014

CR-V

The tpm went on indicating low tire pressure. Dealer check: All tires ok, reset tpm. This has happened many times since, it's back on as this data is being entered. A search on-line indicates that many 2014 owners have the same problem (one web site: ). this is a safety issue because owners can't trust the tpm system: Is a tire going flat, or is the tpm malfunctioning żagain. This is only for 2014 (and newer?) years when Honda went to a new system that monitors the rotational speed of wheels rather than actual tire pressure. Thanks

- Eug, OR, USA

Jul 242010

CR-V 4-cyl

Traveling on trip to California from Arizona and the tire pressure system monitoring light came on. We pulled off as soon as feasible possible and checked pressure which was correct. Happened to me twice since then and both times the pressure in all tires was correct. Looks like a lot of other people have this problem as well.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 072014

CR-V

My TPMS light keeps coming on. After I reset it, my tires pressure is right. But it still comes on.

- Mantachie, MS, USA

Aug 192014

CR-V

Leaving for 4 hour vacation drive; as we were about 60 miles from home the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) low-tire light illuminated. We proceeded to pull off at a safe spot, examine the tires, check the tire pressure and found nothing wrong. The vacation ended there as we turned around and came home because we can no longer trust this vehicle. The TPMS light has been coming on since day one! originally I suspected the pre-delivery tire check and calibration was missed so I performed it myself. The light came on again and I took it to Honda who found no problems and acknowledged the condition stating we are working on a re-programming of the computer 12/2013. The light continued to illuminate until I couldn't take it any more and called Honda usa again who magically said we have a fix. Back to dealer who installed a vsa modulator control unit software update for different driving conditions 6/2014. Light illuminated again 8/19/2014 as stated above. Called Honda usa, took to dealer today for vsa repair kit fit usa 13-040. This seems fishy as it is a repair kit for a Honda fit not specifically for a CRV. Time will tell but we can not trust this vehicle as I am handicapped!

- Somers, NY, USA

Apr 042014

CR-V

Rapid and uncontrolled deceleration of the vehicle in an unsafe manner while driving.we were almost hit by the following car.we lost of all instrumentation, all of the warnings lights indicate failure, speedometer, tachometer, airbags, vsa, brakes, ABS, etc.. the car has been repaired 4 times. #1(4/4/14) replaced vsa module and bleed brakes+ reset codes, #2 (4/8/14) replace 2 wiring harnesses and verify connections+ reset codes, #3(5/8/14) measure all can buss voltages & drive with meter+ reset codes, #4(6/10/14)dealer thinks they have found a loose ground & replaced ECM/PCM module+reset codes, drove a couple hundred miles then returned. The loose pin may have been from replacing the harness and removing connectors multiple occasions. Vehicle has been in for 30 days of service combined. In 1857 miles the vehicle has failed 4 times. You have no speed indication while driving during and after the event. Feels like the brakes come on or car is forced into low gear throwing passengers forward and causing following cars to evade the car. There are many error codes during these events. After shutting the car off and restarting car multiple times all indicators will return to normal except for the check engine light. We have pictures and video of three of the events.

- So.Walpole , MA, USA

May 172014

CR-V 4-cyl

Tire pressure monitor systemp (TPMS) light come on every few miles. We had reseted it 50 time by now. All speed & temperatures. Dealers serviced this problem 3 times so far. Checked everything out ok. Customer forum mentioned a vehicle stability control firmware "vsa/ABS software update" & "sb#14-006 update". dealer applied firmware update May 8. but TPMS lights still came on. Problem not fixed by the firmware update.

- Yorktown Heights, NY, USA

Mar 012014

CR-V

Tire pressure monitoring system has not worked properly since before I took the vehicle off the lot. Despite multiple checks, the light does not seem to stay off and has no relationship to the actual pressure of the tires. The tire pressure itself seems fine. I had the dealer conduct a software upgrade on 3/30/14 and the light has been on three times since. The dealer is suspecting that cell phone interference it a possible culprit.

- Oxford, NJ, USA

Mar 212014

CR-V

Ref complaint 10574247... TPMS light... Honda motor has put out a fix for this in the 2014 CR-V... the fix was put in my car on 3/24/2014 and the problem has now been corrected.

- Elizabeth City, NC, USA

Mar 232014

CR-V 4-cyl

TPMS light is on again for about the 5th or 6th time since I purchased the vehicle 3 weeks ago. Have attempted to reset per the vehicles manual, put car in park, turn on, push the TPMS button, will flash twice and then drive for 30 minutes at a speed of between 30 and 60 mph. I did this and apparently the vehicle still did not calibrate. New car, totally frustrated especially to see that there are so many complaints regarding this issue. I will take to dealer again tomorrow morning.

- Elizabeth City, NC, USA

Feb 042014

CR-V

Have owned my Honda CRV 2014 for 2 months and the low tire pressure warning light has come on 3 times. Dealer does not admit a problem with the car but does not permanently correct the problem either. Has Honda acknowledged a problem here? I see many other owners have the same problem. Some body make Honda fix the problem!!!!

- Lakeville, MN, USA

Feb 242014

CR-V

My Honda CRV was broken into while on vacation in Florida. I was only about 300 feet away from the car but was not notified by the alarm. I came back to see glass all over the floor, my personal belongings gone from the car. As a previous owner of a newly purchased Honda Odyssey, I felt that the car had alarm as the key has remote lock and and unlock functions and the car even sounded a familiar arming sound when remotely locked. When I went into a dealer in Florida to inquire why the alarm did not work, they told me that the car had passive alarm, which means that the alarm should sound if the glass is broken. Upon returning to New York, I went to the dealer where I purchased the car and they told me the car has no alarm, and that the familiar sound is just to indicate to me that all four doors are locked! at no time during the sales transaction was I told that the car has no alarm or that I needed to purchase an alarm.

- Briarwood, NY, USA

Feb 202014

CR-V

The TPMS light (low tire pressure warning) on new Honda CR-V (2014) comes on when driving at freeway speeds, when I check the tire pressures, they are all within the recommended settings. I have taken the car back to the dealer and they have recalibrated the system twice.

- Yakima, WA, USA

Nov 042013

CR-V 4-cyl

We bought Honda CR-V 2014 on Oct 31st 2013. Within (first) week low tire pressure light comes on. I thought dealership didn't perform pre delivery inspection. So I went there and they says low tire pressure light triggers due to cold weather. They reset it. After few days/miles again low tire pressure light comes on (second time) and they said this time we are performing different reset procedure. I asked for $0 invoice as there attempt to fix the issue. They said we can't give you invoice if we are not charging you. Now I was like it should not come on again as they performed different reset procedure, but it comes on again (third time) after 500 or 600 miles. This time they contact american Honda and perform another reset procedure and keep car with them for a day to inspect. They also issued $0 invoice. Now I thought it should be fine, but again I was wrong. It comes on (forth time). Now they are saying it's "software issue" and american Honda is working on it. (Dec end or Jan first week) they also said Honda is requesting time frame and it should be done by the end of Jan 2014. Today is Feb 19 2014 and issue is not resolved yet. I tried follow up my dealer and Honda many times and they are keep saying same thing, we are working on it. Since the day I bought car low tire pressure light comes on more than 10 times now and all time I did tire pressure check with same dealer and it was okay all the time. Now I am tired of following up with my dealer, Honda and keep watching light (!) on. Never feel like driving new car. It's a safety issue. When I asked my dealer, who will be responsible if tire blow out while driving? they said its owner's responsibility to keep checking tire pressure. Dear Honda we didn't bought car to keep in garage. I have most of the mileage proof in pictures at the time light comes on and went to dealer for reset.

- Phillipsburg, NJ, USA