2014 Honda CR-V lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Sep 202016

The lights on this vehicle are not good. Very hard to see with at night using dims and the bright lights are absolutely worthless. Don't think that it is an adjustment or alignment problem, think it is a engineering problem in the design for the whole lighting housing and use of bulbs. Something really needs to be done to correct this issue! my older 2003 CR-V with hazed over covers did a better job than this newer vehicle by 11 years!

- Bluffton, OH, USA

Aug 192015

The contact owns a 2014 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving at night at approximately 20 mph and making a turn, the high beam headlights failed to illuminate adequate side view lighting. The failure also occurred when driving into a curve. In addition, the low beam headlights illuminated inadequate distance of the road. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Bemus Point, NY, USA

Sep 162013

The design is detrimental to a short person's (62 inch & under) safety. The starring does not go down far enough for the driver to see the road. Also the driver seat is tilted away from starring wheel. The headlight beam ends before the driver can see the road. I complained but they did not take any action to even check. If the starring wheel can be pushed further down and the length of the headlight beam could be extended further the driver would not see a dark road ahead of him/her. It is a crash waiting to happen. Please review this. I will be glad to answer any questions. Honda, as usual, does not admit and fix the safety issues brought to them.

- Richland, WA, USA

Jan 162014

I will always read this sight before buying another car. I have had CRV 2014 18 months and began problems after 2 weeks. TPMS light keeps coming on every few weeks. Low beam lights are bad and high beams are ridiculously too far ahead and can't see right in front of you. The head rest leans so far forward its uncomfortable and awkward. My engine makes a terrible grinding sound when starting the car. After reading all the other complaints, I consider myself fortunate I haven't had acceleration upon applying the brakes or no throttle when trying to accelerate. I will be cautious of those problems now since I've had so many of the others listed here.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Oct 142013

CR-V 4-cyl

Both the low and high beam headlights on this brand new car are very dim. This is a huge safety issue. The dealer will not fix the problem. They suggested I could put aftermarket replacements on as Honda does not have better headlights.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Apr 032014

CR-V 4-cyl

The headlights are so dim that my family feel very unsafe driving during night. We almost hit deer and pedestrians. The headlights are very unsafe.

- Novi, MI, USA

Jan 112015

It was the first time I drove my brand new CR-V at night and the low beam headlights were so low that I couldn't even tell that they were on. It made it very dangerous to drive on Suburban streets where there are inadequate street lighting.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Oct 212014

The contact owns a 2014 Honda CR-V. while traveling various speeds in the evening hours, the visibility was extremely low with the use of the low beam and high beam headlights. The contact reported the safety concern to the authorized dealer more than once and they provided no remedy. The contact changed the bulb for the low beam, which failed to increase visibility. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,200.

- Carmel, NY, USA

Apr 052014

CR-V 4-cyl

Want to report the serious and dangerous deficiency in the headlights on our newly purchased '14 Honda CRV. On low beam, the range of lighting is limited to directly in front of the vehicle with a defined cut-off line. On high beam, it is difficult to almost impossible to see directly in front of the vehicle. We have taken the vehicle back to the dealership where purchased and reported this was dangerous and was going to cause a serious accident. They indicated the headlights were fixed and that it was a design issue. This is dangerous and is going to result in serious accidents if not resolved soon.

- Hixson, TN, USA

Jul 312014

CR-V 4-cyl

With greater experience with the vehicle since my last report, I am writing to reiterate how extremely deficient the headlights on this vehicle are. In unlit, rural areas, the low beams are inadequate and require the use of fog lights on all the time for increased illumination. When the high-beams are engaged (fog-lights automatically go out), near-field illumination virtually disappears. I have written directly to the CEO of american Honda, and included print-outs of numerous reports of this concern which are widely posted on the internet. I subsequently received a phone call from a regional customer service rep. Instructing me to take this up with a dealer. I have now done so and the dealer reports this performance is "normal" for this car. I implore your Agency to undertake an investigation so that tragedies to not have to occur first before any action is taken by the company. In the meantime, I find myself adjusting travel plans and driving times for the sake of the safety of my family.

- New York, NY, USA

Mar 292014

CR-V 4-cyl

Greetings - this is to report multiple incidents / a permanent condition of the vehicle headlights being grossly inadequate. The incident indicated here was first of many occurrence while driving on rural roads, especially in inclement weather. Most egregious is that when the high beams are engaged, there is a complete loss of near -field luminance. This is greatly exacerbated in inclement weather and undoubtedly a disaster waiting to happen if it hasn't already. I have driven on the same roads and in the same or worse conditions many times with vehicles I have previously owned with far less problematic visibility. Regular low-beam activity is inadequate as well on unlit or low-lit roads. On May 26th I was in rural area that I have been driving in for 15 years for the first time after dark in this vehicle. The lack of visibility was shocking. The fear of a deer or other animal crossing the vehicle's path unseen was go tremendous concern. This is a widely reported issue on internet forums and a recall should be demanded.

- New York, NY, USA

May 222014

CR-V 4-cyl

The exterior low beam head lights work normally as expected when switch is in low beam position. The problem is when the high beam lights are selected. The visibility provided by the low beam lights disappears when the high beams are selected. The visibility on the high beam setting is great 300 feet forward of the car but minimal to none 50 feet in front of the car. This is very dangerous when driving on turnpikes with a posted speed limit of 75 mph. The visibility on high beam selection is so poor it forced me to use only low beams to see the road and objects immediately in front of my vehicle. This eliminated the possibility of seeing animals or other dangers down the road that are normally visible on the high beam setting. It seems like the low beams are turned off when the high beams are selected if so this is a major design flaw that affects safe operation of the vehicle. Any other vehicle I've ever owned the high beam lights add more light to the light already being provided by low the beams. This vehicle takes light away on the high beam setting. I hope NHTSA addresses this problem very soon with Honda motor Corp.

- Tulsa, OK, USA