NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2014 Honda CR-V (Page 2 of 2)

2014 Honda CR-V miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 242015

CR-V

More than 5 times when starting the CRV, from a cold start and 2 warm starts, I get a harsh grinding 'metal-on-metal' sound from the front right of the engine. This is happening also with warms starts (2X this week). Called Honda dealer, rochester NY where car was purchased new 6 months ago. Spoke to a senior service advisor and told me out right this is a know problem/defect (his words) and Honda is well aware of it and there is no fix known. I asked for a date to bring my 2014 CR-V in and was advised there was no reason to look at my car and to wait for the cold weather to go away. He allowed me to quote him that "there is no problem, it's the vtec actuator, nothing to fix per Honda usa and assured me that no, none damage is accruing when I hear the grinding engine start noise." He suggested that I turn the key to the 'on' position for 20 seconds, turn off the key, and restart the car and I should have no issues. I tried that 2X today 2/28/2015 and still got the same harsh grinding noise. The fact the dealer won't even let me make an appointment to check this car, and with much research by myself, there is 100's of these same reports via google, youtube videos with exact sounds. I demand this car to be fixed, it is not starting correctly, and I am getting zero assistance from the Honda dealer here in rochester, NY. By the information given to me, this is a known, on-going defect in many Honda engines, and when I ask more than 50+ pre-sale questions, at no time was I given this information upfront. The dealer and Honda are simply hiding a known problem and are using horrid customer service tactics to GT around it.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Dec 202014

CR-V

Purchased new 2014 Honda CR-V on 12/19/14. During the purchase the sales person was specifically asked about the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) problem, which per the NHTSA complaint process has existed in the Honda 2014 CR-V models since September 2013. The sales person was not aware of any problems. Asked the sales person to verify the manufacture date of the vehicle to be purchased and was told it was September 2014. The next day (12/20/14) while driving the vehicle the TPMS light came on. The vehicle had been driven some 25 miles (the odometer read 115 miles when purchased). Tire pressure was checked and found to be 30 psi per specifications. Reset the tmps following owner manual instructions. Called the dealership and scheduled an appointment for 12/22/14. A software patch (version oha240 December 2014) was installed. Honda continues to manufacture and sell a vehicle with a known potential safety defect. Past "fixes" do not seem address the problem. When will someone address this issue and solve it?

- Richardson, TX, USA

Nov 132014

CR-V

Spouse had driven the car no more than 10 minutes and flames shoot out over the hood, immediately stops and exits the new CR-V in the middle of the road. Two men arrive immediately with fire extinguishers and put out the fire before the car became engulfed in flames. Damage on the undercarriage and smoke damage in the cabin area.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jul 022014

CR-V 4-cyl

The following problem happens randomly but frequently: At a stop light or stop sign, attempt to proceed and step on accelerator and there is a complete and total lack of acceleration. The vehicle moves forward at an idle pace. This situation may last for 20 seconds or so and then all of a sudden the problem disappears and the vehicle will accelerate normally. It is very dangerous each time this happens as the vehicle is limited to moving at a crawl pace when it happens. If merging into traffic, or making a turn after stopping at a stop sign, you are just out there moving at a crawl and could easily be hit by other cars. Looking on carcomplaints.com I find 4 other new Honda CRV owners experiencing the same problem. My dealer thinks they finally figured out the problem. The brake light switch was not installed correctly. I have now gone 300 miles without experiencing the lack of acceleration. But on the carcomplaint.com site, other people are just being told "dealer can not reproduce" and they are sending customers back out in a car with a potential deadly situation. Someone will be maimed or killed. This random and sudden lack of acceleration problem needs to be investigated. All carcomplaint.com people reporting the same problem bought or leased their cars in May 2014 or later. This problem needs to be fixed when cars are in production. Just one experience by the unlucky owner of one the Honda CRV's with this problem could cause a terrible accident. Look at the carcomplaint.com site and search Honda CRV acceleration. Customers all report same problem. Customers state "afraid to drive the car". please look into this dangerous situation.

- River Vale , NJ, USA

Dec 022013

CR-V 4-cyl

The tire pressure monitoring system light comes on for no reason indicating tire pressure is incorrect. When I check the tire pressure it is correct. This has happened multiple times during 2014.

- Southport, NC, USA