NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2014 Honda CR-V (Page 1 of 2)

2014 Honda CR-V miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 102017

CR-V

The vehicle shudders when slowly accelerating from 20 mph to 30 mph while driving straight on level ground.the car vibrates badly. Happens in cold weather and hot. Does not vibrate above 30+ mph.

- Garnerville, NY, USA

Oct 012015

CR-V

Grinding noise upon car starting. Upon starting the car there is a grinding noise that last approximately 1-1.5 seconds. I first noticed this sound about a month after purchasing the car. I called the dealer and they told me that it was normal and that they hear this complaint often. They said that Honda was aware, but that they have not placed a recall on it. I accepted that they were giving me accurate information and figured I would get a recall on it eventually. Recently, the car continues to make the grinding noise, but also acts as if it doesn't want to start on cold mornings. Makes this grinding noise approximately 75% of all starts of the car since purchasing it. I have had the battery, alternator, and starter checked. Was told that they do not show any problems.

- Orient, OH, USA

Sep 262016

CR-V

Faulty tire pressure monitor system (TPMS). This sensor gives faulty reading even there is no differential pressure on all four tires. The TPMS light comes while the car is running and after it travels longer than 50 mi on a highway. I brought the car back to the dealership for this problem at least 5 times and the problem had not be resolved. There are numerous complaints concerning the same problem by owners of 2014 Honda CR-V across the country. Honda is not fixing the problem and please force them to recall the car and fix the problem for good.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jul 092016

CR-V

Out of the blue, my Honda CR-V 2014 won't start, I have to jump it, and went to the auto parts store, got my battery check out and everything level of the battery came back normal. Lucky me, it was happened on the weekend and I had someone who happened to be around and help me. I was so afraid that it could happened to me any time, so I decided to buy a new battery. Maybe the cashier thinking I had enough money to waste and not worry about burning my money for unnecessary things. I paid: $144.93 (tax included) I don't think this is acceptable for a 2 years old car and battery test came out normal, not weak. Hope this is not a major thing, but who knows.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Feb 052016

CR-V

Tire pressure indicator light : the tire indicator light remains on weather the vehicle is stopped or moving. This has been reset using the manual, by a tire center and also by a Honda dealer. After the Honda service the light remained off for I day. This seems to be a common issue with the vehicle but I was not notified and there is not a recall. I have been told to ignore it...really that is the answer!

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Jun 022016

CR-V

Vehicle has been designated by dealer to replace defective takata air bags but they are unable to provide any estimate as to when replacement air bags will become avaliable. Do you have any experience as to typical wait times for such replacement?

- Albany, NY, USA

May 012016

CR-V

Intermittent clicking sound emits under either front passenger seat or under center front armrest while driving. The clicking sounds duration is about 2-3 seconds with intermission of several seconds. The sounds repeat after checking proper seat's engagement and emptying center armrest compartment of any objects.

- Independence Township, NJ, USA

May 022016

CR-V

On a Florida hwy at about 60 mph a small truck traveling on lane to right of me for no obvious reason entered my lane. By instinct I yanked the steering to the left only to realize immediately that a vehicle at that moment was passing me on the left. At that moment the small truck on my right realized that he was entering my lane.and returned to his lane. At that point I had made a quick maneuver to the left and then to the right then lost control of my vehicle as it moved in an uncontrolled manner a few times to both sides.I regained control only after pressing hard on the brake pedal. A miracle that I did not hit any one.I am a retired long distance bus driver.(over 50 years) with an enviable record of no accidents..

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Mar 032015

CR-V

Have a problem with the grinding noise when started sometimes. Also have a problem with the driver's side window rubbing at times when it is raised or lowered. Wish the hood release was better located and marked.

- South Lyon, MI, USA

Dec 292015

CR-V

I purchased the vehicle in March. Since December, there are some mornings, when I start the car, the engine area emits a grinding sound that lasts for for a few seconds. The dealer thinks it's the vtc actuator, a problem for this car

- Haslett, MI, USA

Nov 052015

CR-V

Some mornings when starting the car, there is a grinding from under the front of the car that lasts a second or two. It began happening this winter at around mileage19K. I called the Honda service manager, he knows of the problem and that the noise was coming from a defective vtc actuator. He went on to say that Honda is continuing to produce the same defective actuator they have produced for the past 8/9 years and that the Honda corporation will not allow dealer service departments to replace them. I am concerned at some point engine parts are being damaged. I thinking Honda is ignoring this problem.

- Wills Point, TX, USA

Dec 172014

CR-V

The drivers mic audio is so poor the caller to the car cannot understand the driver. The vehicle has to be moving 40mph+ to hear the audio breaking up. This is a safety issue, as the vehicle was purchased with the bluetooth a major factor.

- Bennett, CO, USA

Nov 262014

CR-V

My elderly mother died in a fire in her 2014 Honda CR-V. there were no witnesses to the origin of the fire. The car was first seen when fully engulfed by flame, 10 to 20 minutes after my mother was seen getting into her car. Unknown if she let it idle before driving. She drove about 1200 feet. Her car was found in wet ivy at the side of the road. Her key was in her hand, and she was leaning towards the passenger side of the car, apparently trying to escape the fire. (because the car was on a hill, leaning towards the passenger side, flames from beneath the car were strongest on the driver side and would have blocked her exit. The passenger side was not completely burned.) it is improbable that the ivy ignited because it was late fall in the pacific northwest and the weather had been very wet for days. I believe that a fire ignited somewhere in the vehicle and this fire caused my mother to go off the road. An autopsy showed she died of smoke inhalation and burns. The car was in good condition with recent servicing. No signs of recent oil leakage in garage. We have located other 2012-2014 CR-V fires that began spontaneously. Some blamed on leaves trapped in vehicle, another on fluid leaks, including two on safercar.gov. (NHTSA nos. 10654938 and 10546273). I retain the vehicle. ## VIN passed ## Honda CRV 2014 ##

- Seattle, WA, USA

Oct 012015

CR-V

When on a curvy road the car sometimes makes loud noises thumping noises and the pansanger floor vibrates violently like the car is going to fall a part. Car is only 13 months old and I bought it brand new. It has 45K miles now but problem started at 30K miles. The dealer could not replicate the problem and denied that their was a problem.

- Winchester, MA, USA

Nov 092015

CR-V

TPMS TPMS system would come on when I drove for more than an hour. But only when I drove for over an hour on the highway. When I checked the tire pressure there would be nothing wrong. Finally I asked a mechanic and he recalibrated/rebooted the system and it has not come on since. Engine grinding when I start the car up after it being in the cold overnight there is an initial grinding sound.

- Readville, MA, USA

Aug 302015

CR-V

Bought this new Honda CR-V with 3,000 some odd miles already on it, so practically new. The tire pressure light continually comes on and every time we take it in to the dealership where we purchases it.to check it out the attendant can't find a puncture and can't figure out why the pressure is leaving.so they just reset it. Until recently when I took it into Firestone and they really examined the car only to have me walk over and see that there are ripples (some pretty large ripples) in varies places of the tire. He also push with his fingers the tires inward to show how easily these tires made the ripples. I was completely shock. He said these tires could pop at any time. I can't believe I just purchased a car that needs a complete set of new tires. Funny thing is one of the tires actually did get flat maybe 5 months and I replaced that tire with another Continental tire (because I was told if you get new tires you need to get at least 2 of the same) not wanting to buy 2 new tires I opted just to get 1 of the same brand. The attendant from Firestone couldn't even tell which tire (5 months old) was new. Ridiculous and seriously unsafe are these tires.

- Long Beach , CA, USA

Jul 312015

CR-V

The car was parked while we were eating breakfast at jack in a box pineville matthews. The passenger glass window at the back of driver seat just shattered into fine pieces. The shattered glass was falling naturally inside the car and on the ground. I have photos of the partial glass window, debris inside the car and on the ground. The glass window seemed factory defect. The restaurant cleaned the fine chopped glasses on the ground.

- Waxhaw, NC, USA

May 012015

CR-V

When changing from park to drive as soon as the vehicle rolls forward a few feet it clunks then lurches as if the transmission finally kicked in.

- Lima, OH, USA

Jan 112014

CR-V

The air tire pressure light kept coming on for the first few months. I canceled out per instructions of dealer after I went to them the first three times - they checked pressure and found it to be as it should be. Also, low beams on head lights are not very bright. Hi beams are ok. While driving in the country in the dark, the low beams seem to only show area directly in front of the vehicle. To use high beams would be distracting and dangerous for oncoming traffic. Previously had Odyssey that got 22 mpg in town. It had a 6 cylinder engine. I thought that the 4 cylinder CR-V would do better than that, but does not do better in town. Most of my driving is in town driving. Cost of doing regular maintenance on the vehicle is high at my Honda dealership. Vehicle inspections as part of regular maintenance are very high. I have less than 15,000 miles on the vehicle and $75 over and above the price for the oil change seemed pretty steep to me. The vehicle is just the right size for my needs and I like sitting higher in the CR-V as opposed in a sedan that sits lower.

- Westerville, OH, USA

May 142015

CR-V

The cars A/C condenser was hit by a pebble on the road and it damaged one of the veins. Needs to replace with a new one.

- Hollywood, FL, USA