8.0

2014 Honda CR-V wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 102014

CR-V

Faulty tire pressure monitor system (TPMS). This sensor gives faulty reading even when tires are checked at a military base auto shop and local dealership repair shop. Was shown how to remove sensor light by customer server at dealership repair shop. The light comes on while driving highway miles. Left sensor light on so dealership would see it but he would not change it as it was not on a recall. I was told there are numerous complaints concerning the same problem by owners of 2014 Honda CR-V everywhere and Honda is not fixing the problem. Please get them to fix the problem before a tire does loss pressure and there is an accident.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jul 012016

CR-V

Takata recall. Tire indicator light came on at 9:25 am. None of the tires were under inflated. After checking the tires I reset the device. This is the second time this is happened and it occurred a few days after the vehicle was serviced including rotating the tires. I was on the interstate driving 70 mph on a cloudy day with temperature at 73°

- Dunedin, FL, USA

Jun 012016

CR-V

Tpns light is on permanently even though tires are inflated correctly no way of knowing when tyres need inflating light on will not allow emissions test to be completed in MA unless its fixed passenger air bag stays on for long periods of time also it makes a noise when started in the morning or when idle for a couple of hours air conditioner is not working right.

- Tyngsboro, MA, USA

Jun 152016

CR-V

In motion and stationary the tire inflation light remains on unless reset. Tire pressure on all tires is the same. This happened once two weeks ago. Dealership told me it was probably due to temperature change.

- Dunedin, FL, USA

Mar 192014

CR-V

Tire pressure monitoring system light comes on even though the air pressure in the tires is at the recommended pressure. This has happened many, many times. First time I had the car only two days. The dealer "recalibrated" the system. That still did not fix the problem. They admitted that they are aware of this problem.

- Wills Point, TX, USA

Dec 302015

CR-V

After stopped at a stop light when it turns green had no acceleration until pressing the gas pedal up and down twice. This has happen numerous times since then. It seems the engine stays at idle. Also have issues with the tps light going on for no reason and now a growling sound when the engine is cold and it is cold outside below 20 degrees when starting the vehicle. Manufacture not notified. These are issues that have been reported from other CR-V owners numerous times a recall should be issued get a before someone losses there life or causes other to loose theirs.

- Sycamore, IL, USA

Jan 132016

CR-V

I have a 2014 Honda CRV with 19K miles on it. I had the tires rotated and balanced 9-14-14 at 5586 miles and 7-27-2015 at 14461 miles at the dealer in rockwall, tx. I had the tires rotated and balanced at discount tires on 1-13-2016 and the service man informed me that at 18746 miles that the tires were half gone! the car came with Continental cross contact LX 225/65R17 tires 60K tires. I would have expected much more from Honda. I questioned the salesman at the time about the tires and he assured me these were good tires. I do not consisted this good. Why would Honda put such poor preforming tires on there cars?

- Wills Point, TX, USA

Oct 222015

CR-V

Tire pressure light comes on when the pressure is at recommended setting. Doesn't matter where I'm driving. Have brought this in to the dealer three times. They always check for me and tell me I'm fine, and to just reset the light. I would love if they could provide a fix for this problem, there may come a time that I need to know that the tire is underinflated.

- Concord, CA, USA

Oct 212015

CR-V

The tire pressure monitoring system light comes on even though the air pressure in the tires is at the recommended pressure. This has happened many, many times and the dealer cannot remedy the problem. The last time I took it to the dealer they "recalibrated" the system. That still did not fix the problem. They admitted that they are aware of this problem. This problem can occur when the vehicle is stationary or in motion and it does not matter if it is occurring on a city street, highway or when turning. It can happen at any time. I'm afraid that people will ignore these false warnings and eventually drive with a tire that is actually under inflated.

- Langley, WA, USA

Nov 012014

CR-V

My 1 year-old Honda CR-V has 17,000 miles on it because I do a lot of driving for my business. In that time, the tire warning light has come on at least 4 times. The first time was as winter was setting in, and I took it to the dealer, where we both assumed it was just the cold weather causing the tires to lose a little pressure, so they put a little air in and reset the button. The other three times, it has been quite warm, so cold weather is not the issue. Each time, I have not been anywhere I could take it to the dealer, but I have taken it to my mechanic twice and stopped at a Ford dealer I was passing when it happened over the weekend of July 4th. Each time, nobody could find any problem, and we just reset the button. It doesn't make me comfortable to see that a number of people have had the same problem. It also doesn't make me comfortable that the warning light is meant to let me know when there is a problem. How will I know that I can count on it working properly if there really is a problem?!

- Manchester, MI, USA

May 052014

CR-V

Since my car was new I have been having trouble with the TPMS warning light coming on for no reason. It indicates low tire pressure in one of my tires. It is providing a false indication of tire trouble that simply doesn't exist. I have had the car to the dealer 3 times. They cannot fix the problem. I have researched the issue on Honda forums and found many other people are having the same problem with their 2014 Honda CR-V's.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Nov 152013

CR-V

Happened a few weeks after vehicle purchase, tire pressure warning light would come on all of a sudden. I reset it per the owners manual and would happen a few more times and have been fine until the most recent basic service at Honda of serramonte. Light came on again and I reset it, so far it's been fine. Happened early this year, a grinding noise could be heard almost every morning while starting the car. Does not happen later on in the day. Took vehicle to Honda of serramonte and left vehicle there so they could test it in the morning. Next day in the afternoon I went to pick up my vehicle, service rep wai wong who assisted me said technician did not hear the sound. She told me there are a few cases of this problem so far. I asked her for a service report for my records, she said it is not required because no work was performed on my vehicle. So I asked if the grinding noise would damage the engine, she promised very confidently that she is positive the engine would not be damaged by the grinding noise. It has still been making this grinding noise from time to time in the mornings only. Also, with a passenger sitting in the front passenger seat, the airbag off light would turn on from time to time. I've checked online for any recalls related to the above three issues I am having with my vehicle, but so far none to date.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Dec 222013

CR-V

TPMS warning light came on but tires were all inflated to specification. Over 20 times the TPMS light came on from 12/22/13 to 6/1/2015.

- Holliswood, NY, USA

May 252015

CR-V

I have a 2014 Honda CRV that had a defective original equipment wheel that became unusable when it would no longer hold air and had to be replaced.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Oct 132014

CR-V

This is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. The front seat cannot be adjusted to my comfort....it does not stay up...I need to sit high and it is impossble to make it stay up because of where the lever to adjust it is. I really do not like the car at all, but the most annoying thing is not being able to see over the steering wheel. I have have been back to my dealership and they just blew it off...not thier problem...I would think there should be something that could be done. It is rough riding which I think is because of the tires on the car which I cannot afford to replace...I have 16,000 unhappy miles on the car. The car was puchaed new in 2013...it is a 2014.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Jan 162014

CR-V

I will always read this sight before buying another car. I have had CRV 2014 18 months and began problems after 2 weeks. TPMS light keeps coming on every few weeks. Low beam lights are bad and high beams are ridiculously too far ahead and can't see right in front of you. The head rest leans so far forward its uncomfortable and awkward. My engine makes a terrible grinding sound when starting the car. After reading all the other complaints, I consider myself fortunate I haven't had acceleration upon applying the brakes or no throttle when trying to accelerate. I will be cautious of those problems now since I've had so many of the others listed here.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Nov 282014

CR-V 4-cyl

During a 3500 mile trip the tire pressure monitoring warning light (TPMS) came on at least 6 times. Each time I stopped and none of the tires were low. I reset the system and continued to drive. Eventually, the light came on again and I repeated the same, stop and check procedure, each time there wasn't any variation in the tire pressure. I have had TPMS on other vehicles and never have I had a false reading. The Honda system is a basic system at best and from reading other complaints, has been plagued with problems. Their system is more of an annoyance than benefit. I was told the 2014's had updated software which doesn't seem to work. Honda needs to design a suitable fix for a known problem.

- Davis, IL, USA

Feb 042014

CR-V 4-cyl

The tpwl comes on at various times & is not a reliable way to monitor tire pressure. Every time the light comes on, I check the pressures & they are all at 32 psi. The light is useless! this has happened multiple times & now I ignore the light.

- Lynnwood, WA, USA

Mar 202014

CR-V

The tpm went on indicating low tire pressure. Dealer check: All tires ok, reset tpm. This has happened many times since, it's back on as this data is being entered. A search on-line indicates that many 2014 owners have the same problem (one web site: ). this is a safety issue because owners can't trust the tpm system: Is a tire going flat, or is the tpm malfunctioning żagain. This is only for 2014 (and newer?) years when Honda went to a new system that monitors the rotational speed of wheels rather than actual tire pressure. Thanks

- Eug, OR, USA

Oct 232014

CR-V 4-cyl

The low tire pressure light came on. I had a mechanic make sure all tires were 32 psi and reset the light. It came back on 30 minutes later. Pulled in the nearest Honda dealership and service dept. Told me this is a known issue with 2014's they don't know how to fix. Got home and googled it-forums say it is a glitch in the anti-lock brake software. Now can I trust my anti-lock brakes?? my car is one day old!!!! very frustrating.

- Kings Mountain, NC, USA