Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Feb 062015

CR-V 4-cyl

On 2/6/15 while driving on us 17, coastal highway, just off I-95 South, exit 87 enroute to hinesville, ga, my wife and I heard a loud explosion inside our car. We did not know what had happened at first, but suddenly observed there was a hole in our moonroof. After safely pulling to the side of the highway, we inspected the damage. We saw that a few pieces of glass and some glass dust had dropped down onto our console, but only a small amount. Looking at the damage from outside our car, we saw that the remaining glass next to the hole, which was about 10 inches in diameter, was pointed toward the sky. This was the case from all around the hole in the glass. My immediate thought was that the glass had blown outward meaning that the glass had exploded upward from inside the car. If we had driven under an overpass, I could understand that someone had possibly dropped a rock or other projectile onto the top of the car which hit the moonroof glass. This was not the case. There also were no other vehicles nearby, there were no people alongside the road and the tree line was about 30 yards off the side of the road so if anyone happened to be throwing rocks from the trees, they would have had a very long throw. There also was no sound of a rock hitting the moonroof glass or no evidence of a rock or other projectile after the glass exploded. I conclude the explosion was caused by defective glass or incorrect installation of the glass. I decided to submit this complaint because I believe this is a serious safety matter that deserves your attention. If other traffic had been nearby, the extremely loud explosion could have certainly distracted me enough that I could have easily hit another vehicle or vehicles.

- Calabash, NC, USA