Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Aug 292016

This car has been an absolute nightmare. I literally cannot keep it running. Honda now uses soy based wiring which attracts rodents. I have several other cars in the driveway plus farm equipment. Mowers, lawn mowers etc. The rodents target specifically the Honda. Had to have the power steering sub harness replaced twice last fall and windshield washer tank, at 3020 miles, 4434 miles, 5045 miles. First two repairs were sub harness. It now is in the shop again for loss of power steering due to rodent damage at 16660 miles, loss of power steering sub harness. I had a Honda CR-V 04 before this one and it did not get rodent damage. This is directly related to Honda's soy based wiring..... they will not honor any customer satisfaction at all concerning this issue. The dealer where I bought the car all but laughed in my face. The dealer now doing the repairs has been very respectful although Honda will take no responsibility for this problem. I am concerned about this also as safety issue...... three times now my power steering has gone out. Luckily I was still in my yard and was able to park the car safely and have it towed. I have not tried to drive it once the steering goes out... very difficult to turn the vehicle and I would think very dangerous at highway speeds.... car was in reverse and motion when power steering loss occurred.....

- Ft. Bidwell, CA, USA

Nov 302015

Sunroof explosion: Driving on interstate, approximately 65 mph in light rain when a loud shotgun-like explosion above my head occurred. No other vehicles were near at the time and I was not near an overpass. All windows of the vehicle were closed. Pulled over and discovered a jagged V shaped hole in the mid/right side of the sunroof of the vehicle. However, there was only a small amount of glass between the sunroof glass and the sunshade, indicating an outward force. Took the vehicle to Honda dealer where purchased for warranty repair. They first refused, stating that their technician determined the damage was caused by a rock strike. I disagreed, showing photos taken right after the occurrence that demonstrate an outward force. I also pointed to current NHTSA reports, news articles documenting several hundred other cases in various makes and models of vehicles with sunroofs and the improbability of a rock coming from the middle of nowhere to strike downward on the only glass structure available without leaving any trace of occurrence anywhere else on the vehicle. The dealership contacted Honda usa maintenance who also refused to honor the vehicle warranty, reasoning that although this problem is well documented by the NHTSA in other vehicles, there is no documented record of an occurrence with this particular model in this particular year. According to the dealer they can only compare apples to apples and just because 2011 Honda Accord had this documented sunroof problem, 2015 Honda Cr-vs with the same symptoms are a different problem.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Sep 162015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. during rainy weather conditions, water spots would form on the side windows and side mirrors obscuring the vision of the driver. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 500.

- Fort Jefferson Station, NY, USA

Jun 042015

I purchased a new 2015 Honda cv R. while driving in the rain my windshield wipers were not operating properly. They were leaving a stream of water across my windshield directly in front of my vision, distorting the view of the road. I took my car back to the dealership to have them check it.when I got my car back the mechanic told me he replaced the rubber in the blade and its good to go. With the next rain I saw that I had the same problem. I took my car back to the dealer, they worked on it for a while with out fixing the problem. I was then told that this condition is normal. I did not believe it. I told him to bring out another cr V to see if it had the same wiper problem. It did!!!! I talked several other cv R owners who are have the same dangerous condition and are hoping for a recall from Honda to correct this before something bad happens

- Kinnelon, NJ, USA

Feb 172015

CR-V 4-cyl

The window washer system was activated. The driver's side wiper arm assembly detached from the blade assembly, throwing the wiper blade off the car and dragging the remaining pieces across the windshield.

- Union, MO, USA