Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Sep 132016

The contact owns a 2014 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while at the dealer for routine service, the technician stated that there was premature wear on the rear passenger side brake pads and they needed to be replaced. In addition, the rear passenger side rotors needed to be resurfaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 12,028.

- Little Silver, NJ, USA

May 252016

Last year we leased a new 2015 Honda CRV expecting the same quality experience of our previous cars. The vibration issue that everyone is reporting was noticeable the first day of driving the car and it is horrible, but it is also the least of my worries at the moment. I had the frightening experience of pulling into a parking space at a very low speed, braking, and the car suddenly going forward several months ago. I ran over a sign and hit a coworkers car while trying to stop the car (as I circled to the left). The car finally stopped when I lifted my foot off the brake and braked again. Had the car immediately towed to the Honda dealership where I got it. Almost a month later the car was returned to me and Honda reported they allegedly found nothing wrong. I had to assume they were right and it must have been something I did wrong because I had no proof otherwise. Reluctantly I started driving the car again. Well this past week my daughter was driving the car in very slow traffic on a back road and the same thing happened to her. She stopped the car and the car proceeded to go forward even though her foot was fully on the brake. This time she hit the trailer hitch of the large car in front of her in line. We called american Honda again and stated we do not want this car any longer. We would even be willing to trade it for another model and year. We have been told that unless we have "proof" that this is happening, there is nothing they are willing to do. This is completely unacceptable to us! what if the next time this happens, the driver is stopped for pedestrians in a cross walk and the car lurches ahead and hits and seriously injures or kills a pedestrian?? currently feeling betrayed by the brand that we have stood by for years, because they are unwilling to remove a potentially unsafe car from the streets.

- Norfolk, MA, USA

Jun 072016

I went alone to kohls on Arizona ave. I was almost ready to park and almost at a standstill and ready to put the car in park. I remember putting my foot on the break and it seemed stuck and a few seconds later I recall a surge of acceleration and the car would not stop even as I attempted desperately to put my foot on the brake to stop the car. The surge of energy seemed to pull-steer my car to the right and it hit a parked car that was 3 spots to the right as there were no cars in the empty parking spots next to this car. My car almost went sideways and hit the car's front passenger side tire area and damaged it pretty badly. I was not able to control the car during this accident. I am concerned that this was a malfunction of the brake or some other operating system. I reviewed with my insurance claims agent re: My concerns re: A malfunction of the car breaks or some other system; they took care of the claim but didn┐T provide any guidance re: How to pursue my concerns re; malfunction: I called american Honda company on June 13th and filed a complaint re; the accident to inform my concerns re: A malfunction that I feel caused this accident. I was given a case # 04758407 and told that I would be assigned a case manager who will call me within 24hrs. I was called by steven 310/783-2863 on 6/14 and let me know he was my case manager. In spite of many call to set up an apt to have my car evaluated, I have not yet received a call back to coordinate a time to get my car evaluated to see if there was any malfunction during this accident and explain to me how this could have happened w/O a malfunction as the accident is quite bizarre. I googled to see if Honda CR-V 2015S have had any break malfunctions┐I saw a report that had several incidents almost identical to mine in a parking lot or near parked position.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Sep 152015

This problem has occurred several times, at rest or when stopping. Press on brake pedal to stop and either pedal moves on down or foot slips in proximity to gas pedal, and car will start to move. Have not reported to service department yet, but must watch and told other drivers to use caution and make sure foot is on far (left) side of brake pedal when stopping or stopped.

- Steubenville, OH, USA

Apr 292016

I was pulling into a parking space on an embankment at approximately 2 mph, when I applied the brake to stop the car, the car instead of stopping, accelerated over a 2 foot wall onto a two foor patch of grass and over the edge of a 3.5 to 4 foot embankment onto a sidewalk and then a city street. As I turned the car to the right, away from the road, while continuing to keep my foot on the brake, it came to a stop. I was lucky that I didn't get killed or kill someone

- Bayside, NY, USA

Dec 172015

Vibrating when stop running and RPM rises when going down on a hill even whe push the brakes rises to 2500 RPM brakes or tires sound like grinding when coming to a stop

- Monroe, NC, USA

Mar 262015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. when the contact depressed the brake pedal, the vehicle vibrated severely. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was not determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,078.

- Quiens, MA, USA

Apr 302015

The right front tire wobbles while driving, street and highway. Orange brake light flashes in dash while driving on city streets and highway when I tap brake paddle. Concerned about possible brake failure. I have asked the dealership if my "new" car was damaged before I purchased it, of course I was told no. Once my car turned off at a red light. My car was checked and nothing found.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Sep 162015

Car was pulling into a parking spot at a local dept store parking lot. The can was put in park. Then an attempt was made to turn off vehicle. The engine excelerated and starting to push the vehicle opposite our vehicle out its parking spot, my wife tried stopping the vehicle by braking that did not work or did pushing the ignition button. She then turned the car to the right in driving lane toward the store, brakes, horn, or power steering did not work, she was able the turn the vehicle away from store to next turning lane. Engine still racing, grinding sounds can what seemed to be the transmission. The car went another 300ft. Jerk and finally shut down. Vehicle was towed away. The collision shop started it and drove to a spot til the repairs were to be made. I only have a partial police report from town of amherst police rjamq94shd49. The police also did an deployment inspection of the computer, which showed nothing, since the impact to the other vechicle was less than 10mph. The insurance company is leaving this up to me the consumer to go after Honda to get them to take a further look at the other commputers.I dont have the fullpolice report or the results of the deployment report. I hope to have info soon.

- Tonawanda, NY, USA

Jul 162013

In Jan 2015 I purchased my fourth Honda since (and my second CRV) for the absolute reliability, quality, durability, and peace of mind that I have always felt with the brand. That however changed dramatically on July 16, 2015 when, at approximately 2:30pm, I was driving my vehicle in a parking lot at approx 5mph. As I eased into the parking space with my foot on the brake pedal, my car suddenly lurched forward. It was with such force that the entire car went up onto the curb and into the bushes beyond. I could not stop my car! beyond these bushes was a main road with heavy traffic. Intuitively, I slammed on the emergency brake, which ultimately stopped the car. My car was so entangled in the bushes that I needed to have it towed out. On July 21, the Honda dealer scanned all systems for dtcs, tested brakes, and checked throttle pedal operation and found "at this time the braking system, throttle system and safety override systems are functioning as designed." Upon further investigation, it is apparent that 'unintended acceleration while braking' is a well-documented issue. I contacted Honda Corp on July 21 and was assigned a regional case mgr who informed me that she would schedule an american Honda rep to inspect my car. To date, I still await follow up action from my case mgr. This event has caused, and continues to cause, great anxiety and stress for me. I use this unreliable and unsafe vehicle daily and am constantly worried that this mechanical or electrical aberration will repeat itself, and with a less fortunate outcome.

- Miller Place, NY, USA

Jul 292015

When entering a private elderly housing parking lot to attend a meeting, I was traveling in my 2015 Honda CRV at about 5 mph. After slowing for a speed bump, I went toward a parking spot traveling at about 2 mph where I could just pull straight in. When I tried to apply the brake, it was rock solid and vehicle seemed to self accelerate. The vehicle jumped the curb which had a steel drainage plate, and took out a sign knocking it to the ground. A resident at the facility was standing close by and it scared him so bad he took off. Had I been just a few feet closer to him, he would have been hit by my vehicle. The impact with the curb and sign slowed the vehicle to a stop. The bumper, valance, and right fog lamp all have to be replaced. The Honda CRV is three months old.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Jul 152015

I recently purchased a 2015 Honda CRV with serious vibration issues at idle. I first noted the vibration at 420 miles at a red light. I brought it to the dealer to be checked as vibrations intensity increased around 800 miles. The dealer did nothing, denied knowing about the issue, and notes: "customer states the car has a vibration when stopped and foot on brake. It comes through the brake and the seat base and the back of the seat. Can be felt through the whole car. Has been happening since 450 miles. Verified customers concern. Honda is aware of customer reports of this concern. Honda is actively reviewing reports and testing. Since review is in progress no product review is available." Absolutely unacceptable.

- Auburn, WA, USA

Mar 172015

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving at 58 mph, the brake pedal depressed without warning. The service brakes and cmbs warning lights illuminated. The failure recurred three times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the P2583-92 code was reset. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 8,040. The consumer stated the vehicle braked on its own. The consumer stated the vehicle was unpredictable as he and his wife were almost rear ended. Updated 06/22/15.

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 082014

When the vehicle is stopped at idle with the brake pedal engaged a serious vibration develops. As the vehicle sets the vibration increases and the RPM's drop from appx.. 600 RPM to below 200P RPM.. when the RPM's recover the vehicle pulls against the breaks. When I remove my foot from the break pedal the vibration stops. Yesterday (5/19/2015) while stopped, the vehicle vibrated violently and then diesled and stalled while at a stop light. The full stall was a one time occurrence however the vehicle often approaches a stall while stopped with the brake. The vibration has been present since I purchased the vehicle in November 2014. When I took it to germaine Honda, the selling dealership, in ann arbor, I was told that the vibration is a "characteristic" of the vehicle. This seems like a flimsy excuse and quite frankly problem is beginning to worry me. The stall was serious and in traffic. The vibration is very pronounced and travels throughout the chassis. I have read on the Honda CR-V owner forum that this is a very common and dangerous problem. It seems that Honda Motors and their dealerships are simply ignoring the situation. I will take the vehicle to the dealer again next week. Thank you

- Milan, MI, USA

Feb 012015

The contact own a 2015 Honda CR-V. while reversing with the brake pedal depressed, the vehicle made a loud abnormal noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for the failure. The technician replaced the parking brake; however, the failure was not corrected. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 2,000. Updated 6/18/15

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jan 262015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that when depressing the brake pedal, the front end of the vehicle vibrated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who was unable determine the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 30.

- Newtown, PA, USA