Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Nov 282014

I have been experiencing same problem with vibration since purchasing new crv2015 with AWD. When sitting at a stoplight, engine RPM drops below 1000 and vibration starts to occur. As soon as car starts moving, vibrations disappear. They are quite pronounced at these lower RPM's. I also own a Jeep compass with cvt and this never happened with that engine/transmission. Have not taken to dealer yet due to bad weather conditions in area but intend to do so shortly. Since so many are experiencing this problem, Honda needs to investigate and provide a solution.

- Walnutport, PA, USA

Dec 042013

Mine is a 2015 CRV exl. I can't believe Honda built this car. It has bad vibrations when stopped and idling, the entire seat shakes. It has bad engine/ transmission shuddering when I accelerate when the engine chooses a RPM in the 1000-2000 range. Even at highway speeds it shudders at random intervals. This is a big problem. Not only is it extremely annoying, it can not be good for the engine long term. This will cause a major engine or transmission failure in the future. Honda needs to acknowledge this problem, find a solution, and apologize to me and all those 2015 CRV owners.

- King Of Prussia, PA, USA

Dec 232014

CR-V 4-cyl

Car vibrates at idle//has vibrations and noise at various speeds//local dealer can not figure out //Honda dsm said he would check on it, but apparently it's a common problem.

- Blacksburg, VA, USA

Feb 122015

My vehicle is a 2015honda CRV exl when you are at 30-45 mph and you try to increase speed slightly the vehicle vibrates like the transmission is shuddering and slipping or is not getting enough power not sure but it seems to be related to the RPM setting at times it shudders quit bad. Took it in to Honda service and they said it is a characteristic of the vehicle and the cvt transmission and at that time nothing they could do but submit it to Honda engineering. I am afraid that this will cause a major engine or transmission failure in the future if it is not addressed. I am not sure how this could be a characteristic of the cvt transmission because I have a family member who owns a 2014 Honda Accord with the same cvt and powertrain and the issue does not exist. Please help me get this fixed as soon as possible.

- Lees Summit, MO, USA

Feb 022015

CR-V 4-cyl

The vehicle shakes noticeably at low rpms. Specially when stopped while in gear I.e. at a red light or when accelerating slowly. The shake very noticeable, causes the seats to shake and rattles what ever is in the cup holders. It causes the rear view mirror to become useless.

- Toronto, CA, USA

Nov 102014

CR-V 4-cyl

Purchased new 2015 Honda CRV on November 8th, 2014. Immediately after purchase, vehicle exhibited severe vibration and shuddering during idle, when accelerating, and at highway speeds. After vehicle is warmed up idle is very low, around 550 RPM, and vehicle just shakes and passenger seat vibrates. Vibrations can be felt through the steering wheel, and create a distraction during driving. Honda's response is that the vehicle is within parameters and this is a characteristic. An engine or transmission should not shudder or vibrate this much during driving. Honda needs to acknowledge this and immediately correct it.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Nov 122014

CR-V 4-cyl

As I was trying to accelerate, the vehicle stopped responding. This has happened about 7 times now since I bought the vehicle new in Oct. 2014. It happens as I give the vehicle gas to accelerate - it seems to just stop accelerating - it lasts about 2 seconds, and then seems to recover. There is the sensation that the vehicle has shutdown/shutoff, but does not actually stall. Vehicle was taken back to the dealer who said they found nothing wrong. It typically happens between 50-65 mph, but has happened 1X under 15mph (was in a parking lot at that time). The first time it happened I had pulled into a high-speed lane, gave the car gas, but it just seemed to go dead for about 2 seconds.

- Bradford, MA, USA

Jan 312015

Noticeable idle time vibration while stopped at stop sign and 'd' mode. Vibration is so heavy that it makes my legs go numb and uncomfortable.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Jan 302015

CR-V 4-cyl

Brand new 2015 CRV ex AWD with 250 miles. When it sits idle in the D position at a traffic light or stopped the car vibrates very badly. Called the dealer service department at several different dealers in the DC area and none are aware of how to fix the problem. Called Honda customer service to report this and they said that there is no fix for this issue.

- Washington, DC, USA

Dec 012012

Ok, so I bought a brand new Honda CRV 2015 on 12/01/14. When I drove it home I felt the huge vibration at idle, so I said to myself ok maybe the engine is new so it needs breaking time. However after drive everyday from home to work, and work to home, the CRV 2015 has a major problem. When it's in D mode and brake pressed, the RPM stays around 600, when I'm waiting for red light or stop sign the car just vibrates really crazy. I have very short leg, so I'm trying my best to hold on the brake, but the shake is making it really difficult, numerous time my legs are so tired I had to put on parking mode. The problem wont occur when the engine is cold or the heater fan is on high. And I contacted Honda corporate, they say all the parts are good there is no parts defect so it doesn't qualify for recall. But come on! it is a safety issue, specially if you drive the vehicle in New York which involves countless stops. I never fill out any complains, but I cant hold my big disappointment towards Honda quality control.

- Flushing, NY, USA

Nov 152014

CR-V 4-cyl

There are several ongoing problems caused by defects with this vehicle. There is a vibration when the car is in "drive" and completely stopped at an intersection. The RPM's drop, sometimes as low as 550 which causes a vibration as if the vehicle is about to stall. The lower the RPM's, the worse the vibration. On at least two occasions I have had to put the car in neutral at a stop light because the rpms dropped so low. There is another vibration or shudder in the transmission between 1800 and 2000 rpms when accelerating. Sometimes I smell gasoline in my car shortly after ignition. Sometimes following deceleration, the cvt transmission cannot catch up, and when I need to accelerate again, I put the "pedal to the metal;" but the car is barely accelerating and not thrusting forward like it should. This occurred on a highway merge at I-83 and I-695 on December 19, 2014 (a tricky and dangerous merge area). Twice since 1/1/15 I have heard a frightening engine noise when decelerating on a windy downhill road. The noise sounds like a small plane is overhead, and I was shocked the car ws still running, as I was looking for check engine lights or some indication what was wrong. It is not a normal engine noise. Honda is aware of the vibrations when stopped and at 1800-2000 rpms and does not know if/when a fix may be available. I am not the only owner with this issue - there are a number of complaints on the various review boards, and Honda has acknowledged it is widespread. Honda will not provide their position to me in writing when asked. The dealer has been unable to duplicate the other problems which are more intermittent, and it will be back at the dealer next week to address the frightening engine noise and document that problem. I do not feel safe driving this car and I am concerned that it will fail, resulting in an accident.

- Forest Hill, MD, USA